Sign in to follow this  
WKK Gimbal

Bis, will resistance have .... trains?

It would fit the guerilla theme so well! Just a single track from north to south or something, with cargo trains for the factory!

Blowing up the tracks!

biggrin.gif

That would be cool, maybe you can even hitch a ride?

It would be really cool with trains smile.gif

I have a working beta script for a train for use in I44, with trainstops and looping and all (took me a day to make it easy to lay track waypoints in the editor, Im proud of that biggrin.gif Also took me almost a day to root out a bug that prevented the train from looping, not so proud of that wink.gif), but since its a rather complex script, it may be to slow to really be of use... Every script is another thing dragging down the framerate.

(Its rather fun to speed with a humvee alongside it, or sit in it, though curves get a bit twitchy biggrin.gif)

("It" btw, is just a 5t truck at the moment. Or, actually its three 5t trucks, more will slow down when watcthing...)

It's not a news, it's something that lot's of people would like to have in Resistance.

Ya, it would be real fun to have a train! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ April 03 2002,16:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would fit the guerilla theme so well! Just a single track from north to south or something, with cargo trains for the factory!

Blowing up the tracks!

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Even better - They could include your planes addon in Resistance, and we could blow up the tracks with the Cessnas! biggrin.gif

No wait, even better... we can have an AA flak cannon on the train, and when the plane comes from behind the train to strafe it, the AA will shoot it down and it will collide with the train... or crash in front of it...

A rail-cannon? Hmmm... seems like a good idea...

But I remember in Invasion '44 site that Dawdler said it would be rather impractical...

But with Resistance's huge island, it does seem like a good idea.

What do you think Dawdler?

Train would be cool, especially for this type of game.

Trains would absolutely add something to the game smile.gif

Blow up trains. Blow up the tracks. Cap the driver. Escape with a train. Typical WWII missions biggrin.gif

I like the idea tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ April 03 2002,18:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be really cool with trains smile.gif

I have a working beta script for a train for use in I44, with trainstops and looping and all (took me a day to make it easy to lay track waypoints in the editor, Im proud of that biggrin.gif Also took me almost a day to root out a bug that prevented the train from looping, not so proud of that wink.gif), but since its a rather complex script, it may be to slow to really be of use... Every script is another thing dragging down the framerate.

(Its rather fun to speed with a humvee alongside it, or sit in it, though curves get a bit twitchy biggrin.gif)

("It" btw, is just a 5t truck at the moment. Or, actually its three 5t trucks, more will slow down when watcthing...)<span id='postcolor'>

Do you have a screen shot of your train?

well, you never know BIS might have one for resistance, they are having a bus that stops of and picks people up(I wanna hi jack it sad.gif now).

THe new island will be bigger as well so it may be a possibility.

Also BIS have been listening to us about this stuff, I can remember someone sujesting a bus and larger towns.

hijack the bus line lol i think we've all been playing a little too much GTA

Well I heard rumors that the island in Resistance will be twice the size of Everon. I don't know if that's true, though if it is, I still think that it's far too small for a railroad. I mean railroads are built to connect major cities, ports and industrial areas to the world.

If there was the Mainland nearby, and a rail tunnel would link it with this new Resistance island, then that would be conceivable.

But I don't see people spending tons of iron, other resources, and time to build a railroad on an island mere 24 kilometers in size. Not unless it was as heavily populated as New York City for example.

Besides, trains don't play such a vital role in battlefield anymore. They used to have huge artillery guns back in WWI. But as airplanes progressed, cargo drops became faster, safer and more economical way than hauling supplies hundreds of miles in a train going some 70 kilometers an hour.

trains would be good for ADDONS ppl

ADDONS

we dont want it for real

jus for some fun or hijakin it(kinda useless,much easier to hitch a ride)

when I first saw this thread I just laughed, I came in to read and I thought of the same thing.

In MOH for Playstation they had a train that had huge guns that were shelling the beach where your boys were coming onto land. Your mission was to take these guns out.

that would be cool!

If it was some sort of sight seeing train, it would work but not a large industrial train

In my country we have islands smaller than the Resistance island, yet some have rails for industrial use. If a factory is even as little as a couple km from a harbour, it would be worth it to put down some tracks.

Regarding trains having less importance in modern warfare, do remember that Resistance takes place before the 80's, and the decreased importance of trains mainly is because modern conflicts have taken place in countries with very low infrastructure.

And then there's the fun factor!

yeah it could be more of an industrail route...have a line that goes around the island with some spurs to some factories, and of course a few bridges to blow up. ahh we wish

There must be a way to connect multiple islands together and make it so that you can fly from one to another, drive across a 2km bridge or something, or take a boat. When you are going from one island to the other, a superoptimized script, mod or whatever, would automatically load the other island without noticable lag.

At least that is a dream of mine. Then railways would become really useful, to send troops, gear, tanks, ammo e.t.c.

I see a bright future for the OFP engine anyway.

BIS = wizards. You think it and they can make it biggrin.gif

Hidden

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hidden @ April 04 2002,01:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There must be a way to connect multiple islands together and make it so that you can fly from one to another, drive across a 2km bridge or something, or take a boat. When you are going from one island to the other, a superoptimized script, mod or whatever, would automatically load the other island without noticable lag.<span id='postcolor'>

You can make your missions like the A10 mission in the campaign, where you start on Everon and the it loads Kolgujev - that works OK fine.