Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

If I were you I'd ask the original author of the script. There's a lot going on there and it would take me all day to figure it out entirely, but I'm sure the original author knows just where to look.

Seem to have a problem with Chernarus & UPSMON fortify.

A squad that works in utes getting into buildings/weapons wont do the same on Chernarus :confused: any ideas why?

What about new versions of UPSMON.

Looks like 5.0.7 and no more new fixed.? Every one has something to say, something to fix but nothing comming into live? We need someone who put together our tips / fixes. Does the author of UPSMON will continue this great project ?

example: I fixed heli para drop bug: squat get into heli and leave it. I made little fix to the code that civilians do not take weapons and vehicles (no more stealing of military vehicles) but it is only in my code. Project manager needed to include it into UPSMON (if needed by comunity).

Hi all,

sorry to all but by now Im working in a new project, i'm doing a game and I have no time.

All ideas are welcome and programers are needed, if anyone knows programing and would like to work in UPSMON project is welcome too, I will explain all and give rights for avoiding work will not to be stopped.

Rafalsky would you like to do it? you need to create an acount in dev-heaven when you have it tell me in private and will send you rights to UPSMON devheaven-project

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/upsmon

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Hello together,

hope you can help me with a little problem with ups.

I want to set units on the map with the parameter "nomove" so that they stay as long no enmey is there. That works good.

But i want them that the stay in behaviour "safe" and not in behaviour "Fight".

Sometimes they stay but sometimes they are lying on the ground, what can i do? I want them staying in safe pos as long as the enemy is not there

Thanks for help!

AI will rest in safe mode if no enemy, well, think that AI will fight as an army with UPSMON so if any unit check enemy will comunicate it.

there is a parameter in init_upsmon for setting the distance of comunication, kron_ups_sharedist.

If no enemies comunicated AI must be safe.

When AI lost enemy or die enemies will return to safe.

@Monsada

I'd like ...but my programming skill is too low.

(I wrote about fixing little bug , but I just put in the code what my colleagues-scriptwriters pointed for me.)

As I remember some time ago s/o proposed to you help to optimaze the code. I do not remember who was it. Maybe this person take care about UPSMON.

PS. was it "kju" ? but i don't remember who exactly.

yes, was kju but, I have no notice of him since then, let me know any notice about new programmer to give him rights in project

general comander is not in any place, is a maner of telling that AI fights together

"general commander" (the one that is commanding and synchronizing all the groups) is not an actual unit, but the script itself. It's nothing like high command.

I have a little problem with the spawn of a template:

When I want the group spawn on a marker "getmarkerpos name", it doesn't spawn on the marker but in the sea far away from the marker :( (Chernarusse map)

But when I use position player it works :confused: .

Thanks for reply.

Azroul

The script is hiding the markers by moving them to the position you're talking about. There's no (good, reliable and clean) solution for this, so just add additional markers that are not used by UPSMON for using getMarkerPos on them.

Also, fortify works quite nicely with OA's large density of enterable buildings! Though I still wish patrols would enter buildings much more often than they do now to take advantage of the fact most/all buildings are enterable.

How can i make a group sqawn using the Spawn module every time all the groups units are killed?

I want to use the spawn module to spawn the group again and again at a certain location and move to the patrol area.

I have tried using a trigger to detect the group is dead to spawn a new group:

Condition:
{alive _x} count units mygroup < 1

On Activation:
nul = [1,position spawnpoint1,1,["town1"]] EXECVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

but it only works the first time. I guess the new group is sqawned with a different group name.

Edited by abdecken

Why would you expect it to create the new group with a the same name? It's not like UPSMON has any idea how you named your old group...

Hello,

Is it possible to prevent certain AI units from entering vehicles? Right now every AI within the marker enters the vehicle, and I don't want that...

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn

I don't think it's possible, in fact I think it's bugged because no matter what parameters I used they still seem to do silly things in that aspect, which is a shame because everything else in UPSMON seems to work more or less great.

Well, if that is true I would like to see such a parameter in UPSMON. There is a car in one of my markers and I want one of the AI to drive that car to a random location, but the other AI within that marker must continue their patrol. But now they just jump into that car anyway.

Looking forward to Monsada's reply.

Hi Monsada,

is your awesome mod fully compatible with OA or Combimed Arms?

Cheers

I use it in OA just fine. No reason for it to not be compatible since it isn't unit/vehicle/item/island specific.

I use it in OA just fine. No reason for it to not be compatible since it isn't unit/vehicle/item/island specific.

I'm using it with Combined Arms (i do not know if there is any difference with OA standalone).

Maybe i'm wrong but if i compare two missions on Takistan rather than Utes, the flow of information given by debug messages is really different. On Takistan mission, after some minutes of action there is no info by debug and the script seems not to be fully working...

I must do another check, because this mod is really amazing

Anyway thanks for your response

I'm using it with Combined Arms (i do not know if there is any difference with OA standalone).

Maybe i'm wrong but if i compare two missions on Takistan rather than Utes, the flow of information given by debug messages is really different. On Takistan mission, after some minutes of action there is no info by debug and the script seems not to be fully working...

I must do another check, because this mod is really amazing

Anyway thanks for your response

I noticed this 2 now that you mention it. Same set up, different map.

I have done various checks.

Definitely, i'm pretty sure that the script does not work well on new OA Islands missions (combined arms): after a few minutes debug messages no longer are shown and new instructions to the AI are not given anymore.

Monsada, may you fix these issues?

Please keep up your fine work (if possible).

Cheers

I was really hoping to use it on citizens as well but it doesnt seem to work with them, it would have been nice to get citizens to walk around in groups in specific areas like a market place and such that could be a controlled radius