Sign in to follow this  
senchi

Problem with textures

I can't remove the white lines at the juncture of two types of textures.

After cutting Sat and layer maps.

In buldozer I see the white ugly edges

Any ideas ? :(

551f4.jpg

You could try to go into your photoshop with your sat_lco and paint over the areas you cut or whatever but im not sure if that will work, but could be worth a try. Just back up your original sat_lco before you do so :) hope that might work

I've experienced this, even though my mask did not contain additional colours beyond those defined in layers.cfg

Most noticable between detail textures that are noticeably different in colour\tone and on terrains using high resolution sat\mask maps where the blending between different layers is sharp as opposed to smooth

Generally playing around with the colour of detail textures will mimimize it..

edit: the above only applies if you've ensured that your mask contains no colours beyond those defined in layers.cfg, no aliasing or smooth transitions that add additional colours to the mask or more than 4 layer types per segment

Edited by dmitriman

What exactly is a segment? how large is it (i suppose in the mask terms, pixel size?)

Segments are the png\paa that visitor generates from the sat\mask. Size depends on your tools --> project parameters --> calculator settings. Default size is 512 x 512 pixels.

In your image editor zoom in on your mask_lco.png. Where these lines occur. Make sure no anti-aliasing is there. Some mask functions in image editors such as feather selection etc. Try to smooth transitions.

Best to work with color masks in indexed color mode. then switch to RGB when your ready to save it. I always edit these files in indexed color mode. Also any image scaling you should use nearest neighbor.

When your working in Indexed color mode, you can pull up the colortable select Exact and see how many colors are in the image. If there are more than there should be there is a clue.

Problem fixed :))

Big thanks SRS :)