Sign in to follow this  
lucius esox

Problems with the AI.

Just bought Arma 2, figured give it a while to get the bugs ironed out and some patches.

Oh dear. My problem. Am at the stage where I have just got use of the helo to investigate the red crosses on the map, pretty early on in the game.

Anyway I land the helo in a clear space near one, give me time to sort things out b4 investigating it. Issue a group order to my unit to go stealth. Hmm,, why they shouting all the time ?

Get near to the base and tell them to go prone/copy my stance. I creep up to the edge of the camp,,,, the fuucking idiot AI runs to the edge in a crouch and starts shooting, and dying. re-load!!!

It wouldn't be so bad but I have already taken the helo to this spot several times after having sussed out you have to give the helo pilot his destination instructions first time you get in the chopper,, do nothing else first. Other wise I can't seem to get him to move.

I dont think I am a dumbass. I played the first OF and loved it. I also play hps wargames as well yada yada..

I'm pretty sure someone is gonne come on and say,, "no no, you have to issue orders in this order" then it will work..........

That is a workaround

Pretty poor show in some critical areas Bohemia

:((

Copy my stance is actually listed in the GUI as Keep low, and does not force them in to prone when you're prone. Tell them specifically to go prone, and they will stay prone. It's hardly a workaround, it's common sense, and if you played OFP and loved it, then I don't see how you don't know that telling them to go prone forces them into a prone position. Also, having them in Danger and Stealth mode makes them look after themselves, thus they will move to where they see fit for that combat mode. The shouting is to inform the AI of when they're covering or moving. The enemy AI won't hear it, nor will enemy human players.

It doesn't sound like an issue with the game, it sounds like a bad squad leader.

It's hardly a workaround, it's common sense, and if you played OFP and loved it, then I don't see how you don't know that telling them to go prone forces them into a prone position.

+2. :confused:

Try issuing your dumb-asses the "no fire" order.

Edited by Grub

And for the helo, press space bar (quick command) to turn off ordering, then when you've chosen where to send it on the map, press space bar, select communication, transport, etc, til you order the chopper to position.

Also, do the training missions. This will help you avoid makng mistakes.

It works like this. I wasn't having a pop at any people, dont know anyone on these boards, so why the wiscrack answers back?

Vis a vis other titles my point is valid.

"Maybe you should play superior Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising? "

Bought it, played it, done it, yawn!!.. Shaking head,,

And as for not too many buttons puff head you ever played Falcon 4, Now Allied Force ?

Got it, love it, beta tested the 1.04 patch back in 98,, was you born then ??,, google it!

That game for buttons makes OF and ARMA 2 put together seem like a game of Pong...

Thx for the helpful answers btw :)

Still stick by what I said......... issuing orders in this sim/game is not well implemented,, period!

Yet.

Still stick by what I said......... issuing orders in this sim/game is not well implemented,, period!

Maybe you should learn how the ordering/controlling works before venturing into war, will save you a lot of frustration ;)

Maybe you should learn how the ordering/controlling works before venturing into war, will save you a lot of frustration ;)

haha i put that headache on my AI and let him tell me what to do, that way if he gets us killed its not my fault :lol:

Doing anything with the AI is a waste of time, they are STUPID.

How you talk about my best friends, mate?

I dunno about your AIs but mine do just fine --- they seek, they move rapidly, fight intensely, take cover ... and at last ... sure they are not perfect.

That makes them so human ... :)

Instead of trolling the guy with moronic answers why not start by asking him what version of the game he's playing? As we all know the AI from 1.00 is nothing like the AI from 68902.

yes you should download the latest beta version 60902. theres been a lot of changes made to the AI, so you will probably find that your AI issues are no longer an issue and that you have more control over them.

Thank you very much for the helpful replies people, and yes your right I was being immature, sorry :)