Sign in to follow this  
chad45

Computer Industry making money, not BI

I see a lot of individuals (including myself) asking how to upgrade their computer and how much it will cost them. I just upgraded two towers (specs below) to be able to play A2 with a friend LAN wise. This ran me over $1000 to conduct such updates.

My Specs for both computers:

CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz CPU w/Fan cooler master

Motherboard : Asrock G31M-S Intel G31 Chipset, PCI-Ex, 2 PCI

Memory : 4GB DDR2 PC6400 800mhz Memory

Video Card : GIGABYTE GV-R489OC-1GD Video Card

Hard Drive : 500GB 7200RPM SATA 300 Hard Drive

Optical Drive : 22X LG Dual Layer DVD+/-RW Drive

Case : Foxconn TLM 436 w/Front Audio/USB

Power Supply : PSU DIABLOTEK| 650W

Flight Stick: Saitek Cyborg X

My point is that the computer industry is making all the money from this great game, not BI. I wish it was the other way around but this game is so system hungry you need a high end CPU and GPU to run.

My opinion to make profit for BI:

BI needs to work out a affiliation program with some of the high end computer part company's on the web. I would click through BI's affiliation text banners and banners etc to buy my parts for a computer build, as long as they were respectable sites. I am sure there are stipulations on how this would work, but I am just throwing the idea out there.

I absolutely love this game and the community that A2 holds and want BI to get what they deserve, which is a part of what the computer industry is getting to run this exquisite game they have created.

My ramble is over, thanks for reading.

Nice idea and quite true ... and BI at best should give good info on what special hardware it runs proven well.

For some this idea might sound sarcastic but I don't mind.

PCs are build to help Microsoft products so why not also this way round.

That's actually a pretty good idea... Problem will be getting a supplier in each country the game is distributed :/

They could always just ask newegg or something for the US market.

my specs are low end at best.

runs the game just fine.

See My Sig.

|

|

V

I wouldn't speculate too much on BI's financial situation.

You forget that they do a lot of business with many of the world's militaries.

That's a venue where toilet seats can cost $5000.00 ;)

If they wanted this sponsorship then they should have sorted it out before releasing the game, there is no way a vendor will sponsor the game after its market release.

If you feel BI are needing more of your money then just buy extra copies of the game from them. I am sure they have posted somewhere where they make the most profit in which game version you buy, failing that just send them some cash, I am sure they would appreciate that.

Well the way things are heading in the pc gaming world i dont think i'll be buying another gaming rig, seems most of the gaming devs are going after the money and leaving the pc market behind which is what i would do if i was in there shoes, so i cant blame them.

A lot of kids with there xboxes think this is a good thing but i think alot of them forget they will grow up and have the money for a good pc but there will be very few games if any worth playing.

Its a sad year for pc gaming, i completed mw2 in a day on hardcore then tried it online but with no dedecated servers it sucked, i cant see it being as populor as cod4 has been with pc gamers, the end is now :(

A $1000 is a lot of money, my setup cost over £2000 just for gaming, i may just get myself a track car and agood paintball gun in a few years and give gaming up, i do love arma2 but the cost is to much just for one game.

On the plus side, after building a PC specifically to play this game, I can now play FSX at a reasonable FPS too!

Not to disappoint but that's two totally diffrent industries.

The main difference is the number of subcontractors.

In the gaming industry you got what. The game developer, publisher, Cd printer, maybe a consultant and seller.

To make a computer part you need to have a big R&D department. A whole lot of companies doing diffrent small parts, who also buy raw materials from others. Several assembly companies, who then sells it to a computer company, who also needs a store to sell it from.

Just bcos something is expensive doesnt mean someone is making a lot of money.

But sure the two benefit from each other. Thats why you sometimes get a game with a gfx card. Or see that Intel logo when starting certrain games. And Im sure BI makes themselfs a deal if they can.

Most video cards come with some kinda of game/s now a days.

I have several games from purchasing video cards, that do not interest me.

When I bought 2 8800GTX's in 07', I received 2 copies of GTI racing and Ghost Recon MW, which was given to nephews.

Through such a project like this thread suggest, we could get more players onboard.

Just a thought for the future.

Well the way things are heading in the pc gaming world i dont think i'll be buying another gaming rig, seems most of the gaming devs are going after the money and leaving the pc market behind which is what i would do if i was in there shoes, so i cant blame them.

I wouldn't. I would make games soley for PC market (ok maybe do some crappy ports for consoles). It's about time games were made to be games, not a commercial venture. I'm not really bothered about how much money I would make from a game. As long as it covered the costs the profit is immaterial but then I'm more interested in making great games than profit.

Of course that isn't true in the world today so what happens if we get more shitty console ports (OFP:DR :() and more game companies going console? No more graphics cards, new CPU's? Or will they just cost £5000 each well beyond our reach and as no one can afford it nobody will make games anymore.

It would be a sad day if PC games were never made again - I couldn't imagine owning a console. The only option is to murder console gamers...