Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Resistance will have huey's

I don't know this for a fact, but I was thinking along the following lines:

Resistance is a few years before Cold War Crisis...maybe early enough for the Blackhawk not to exist yet? And even if it did, it always takes time for new equipment to be as widespread as the old equipment.

So the US forces need to use something to get to that island (some US forces WILL be there, as confirmed by recent interview), so what choice other than the Huey is there?

Well... The 'Hawk was around then, but considering that even now they havent been authorised for use by civvies... and the fact that the Huey is still one of the most widely used choppers in existence... and the fact that I want to drive a Huey soooo bad, Id have to agree with you. Bring on the UH1!

yes indeed it would be good to see a huey or two in ofp, they were excellent for quick deployments in nam.

they need fastroping on the Bhawk and they need a little bird with side seats and a huey

no prizes for guessing who liked black hawk down smile.gif

Actually true, it could be VERY cool with ropes from the HELO, becoz it would save so much time at insertions at hot spots

it may not even be an actuall huey, the resistance may have a bell 204, bell 205, or bell 212 which are basically the same thing, except the 212 is newer and has a larger jet engine.