Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Betsalel, do you mean that 1.56 and 1.56 + mando work well for you?

Yeah, I was able to fire a javelin without falling to the ground with my pants blown off--heheh. Still, while I don't recall it happening with 1.55, I'd rather take my chance at getting killed with a Javelin now with 1.56 than go back to 1.55 and not be able to play at all. ;)

Could it be maybe something with the new patch and CBA--how it's working with the new ACE Medic system and Mando Missile? I don't know anything about that stuff though.

If you want me to test further again, tomorrow when I get onto my computer I can try again (1.56, 1.56 + Mando, 1.56 + ACE, 1.56 +ACE + Mando). But I'm pretty positive it was only when ACE and Mando were both running with 1.56.

Lao Fei Mao, GMLRS setup is done and working including direct ground lock on, GPS lock on and REMOTE. Problem is that now a single MLRS can unbalance any mission. So more than probably this setup will be optional, as well as another using the MLRS as a SAM launcher for players.

@Mandoble,

Many thanks. Now I can fully enjoy this powerful weapons. I think it is very important to call a GMLRS to excute some accurate hit during some mission behind enemy line. GMLRS is much quick,economic and safer than call in an A10 or Apache, right?

So, when can I download the latest MMA with such feature?

MMA GMLRS and MLRS-SAM Test

Scruit suite version, consider this just for testing purposes, not as the next release of MMA.

From init.sqs you can determine the type of MRLS system to be activated: 0 for GMLRS, 1 for MLRS-SAM.

In GMLRS mode, you can lock on ground position directly with the sight, or use a map to provide GPS coords (open it with MMA special key, 'G' by default).

The test mission includes a menu action in order to watch the target area (in case you have a target). It will activate a camera for few seconds over the selected target (including planes in SAM mode). This camera is just for this mission and is not part of the MLRS setup.

And dont forget to use MMA fire key instead of LMB.

im still getting the same problem

some times this will work, sometimes it dont. all last night it wouldnt activate in vehicles, and now it just decides to work again

no one is very helpful :confused::mad:

hey mando, I was wondering if you could add the Mando system for ACE's new A-10s, the A-10 Thunderbolt II (CBU-87) and (Mk82). The (GBU-12) already has it. This is not a major request, just one for whenever you have your other important projects finished, as i know you have done other ACE aircraft before. again, no rush.

Viper, can you provide the list of vehicle class names and the list of weapon class names (case sensitive) for these ACE2 A10s?

AussieSausage, how is the mission you are playing initiating MMA? Is it addon based? script suite based? version used?

Viper, can you provide the list of vehicle class names and the list of weapon class names (case sensitive) for these ACE2 A10s?

AussieSausage, how is the mission you are playing initiating MMA? Is it addon based? script suite based? version used?

its a domination server, i asked and its script based apparently.

i can use mando is servers that dont have it, but it doesnt allways work.

same as the editor, one time if could be working fine, then when i go back into it. it doesnt work

happening in SP and MP

i love mando! :(

AussieSausage, then might be you need to ask the author or that domin mission (and to other players joining the mission to find out if they have mma started up or not).

I have no idea what criteria he might be using to initialize things there. Might be he is initializing MMA server side too late, even later than joining players, so that clients find that MMA is not initialzed server side and so clients will not initialize it. Might be the mission is not initializing mma for JIP players, so only these present at the beginning will have it. Might be there is an admin parameter to run the mission with or without MMA. All I can tell you is that if the mission initiates MMA correctly, it will be present for all the players.

Edited by Mandoble

AussieSausage, then might be you need to ask the author or that domin mission (and to other players joining the mission to find out if they have mma started up or not).

I have no idea what criteria he might be using to initialize things there. Might be he is initializing MMA server side too late, even later than joining players, so that clients find that MMA is not initialzed server side and so clients will not initialize it. Might be the mission is not initializing mma for JIP players, so only these present at the beginning will have it. Might be there is an admin parameter to run the mission with or without MMA. All I can tell you is that if the mission initiates MMA correctly, it will be present for all the players.

but it happens in editor to, if i place a helo down, get it in. it will work

if i get out then back in it wont, some times it works some times it doesnt :(

Always with that domi mission, or with anyone?

with all of them, even when i make my own. i have even had mando missile show up in helos in servers that dont even have it, its really weird

as above, it happens in editor to, i get in the chopper it works, i get out then back in and it nothing pops up.

it was working tonight, just went to play then and it didnt work

have tryed re-downloading to, im lost. dont know what to do :(

Well, I just did a test getting in and out from several choppers, switching from choppers, from pilot to gunner and back, getting in land vehicles, getting out and in again and all the systems were working fine all the times.

You might try to first remove everything related to mando missiles in ALL your mod folders, then reinstall it and try with a clean configuration, that is, vanilla A2 or A2+OA and MMA, without any extra addon.

Eventually, it might happen that you have mma in more than one mod folder, and an older version is loaded.

Dev update for next release:

• Systems added for Mig15s
  • ANZAC mod support (thanks to Andrew)
  • Dragon and NLAW systems (thanks to Xeno426)
  • Nuclear AGM86 and AGM84 systems for Gnat's B52
  • BAF Lynx full setup
  • Battle Star Galactica systems for fighters and transports
  • Laser transmission fixed for units using laser designators different than the default BIS one (Kiowas, Lynx, ...)
  • BIS Flares removed automatically

Hey! Keep up the good work but... don't forget the easy fix for the F-14!

The mando_missiles\setups\mando_eble_f14_setup.sqf use an inexisting file. I tested switching mando_tv_eble_gbu12.sqs for mando_tv_generic_gbu12.sqs and it worked.

Yep, the F14 is fixed too. And selection buttons for SCUD console in order to switch between air burst and ground burst. Add the GMLRS and MLRS-SAM, a new mechanism for warhead detonations, reworked replace missile system to avoid some AI collissions with slow or ignition retarded missiles and ACE2 A10 setups. These would be the contents of next release. Perhaps including some extra enhancements for nuclear fallout.

Hello! I've not yet installed the mod, but I like what I see.

On page 12 you mentioned RKSL very briefly, about their CM system. However, will there be support for their Eurofighter anytime soon? This is becoming the mainstay fixed wing asset of my clan, so I would LOVE you to bits if there could be a Man-Typhoon. OR do I need to bug the RKSL team for that? :rolleyes:

SCAJolly, I will try to do a quick test along the week, if it works and there is no interference between MMA and RKLS systems then I'll add, initially, some basic configurations for it. Problem is that it uses its own weapon box and MMA already supports Myke's Missile Box so I might end up duplicating the already existing systems and increasing without a solid reason the size of the script suite version.

Hey Mando, I have another suggestion for you. It's about the actual firing and flight procedure of the SCUD.

I was thinking it'd be really good if The Mando SCUD creates itself at the position of the SCUD Launchers' SCUD midair after the SCUD Launcher's SCUD disappears in the sky and then the Mando SCUD flies from their to it's target. It'd make it more fair for players using Anti-Missile systems to get a chance to intercept it.

I personally think this would be really neat, but it's always up to you in the end :)

GossamerS, the way you describe is the way it works. The missile is created way up where the scud launcher's scud disappears and then it flies from there to the destination.

SCAJolly, good news. So far no negative interference between the systems at all. MMA setups for "rksl_efa_fgr4_1", "rksl_efa_fgr4_2", "rksl_efa_fgr4_11", "rksl_efa_fgr4_17", "rksl_efa_fgr4_18", "rksl_efa_fgr4_19" and "rksl_efa_fgr4_20" added, including systems for Meteor, AIM132, AIM120, Brimstone, Maverick, Pave4500 and Pave1000 + HMD for the pilot. Everything working fine.

Edited by Mandoble

SCAJolly, good news. So far no negative interference between the systems at all. MMA setups for "rksl_efa_fgr4_1", "rksl_efa_fgr4_2", "rksl_efa_fgr4_11", "rksl_efa_fgr4_17", "rksl_efa_fgr4_18", "rksl_efa_fgr4_19" and "rksl_efa_fgr4_20" added, including systems for Meteor, AIM132, AIM120, Brimstone, Maverick, Pave4500 and Pave1000 + HMD for the pilot. Everything working fine.

That is gorgeous mate. Is that to mean there'll be an updated version fit for RKSL, or just to run as-is (haven't tested)?

That means that next MMA release will include the systems for RKSL Typhoon (as well as JAS39 and many others).