Sign in to follow this  
SMERSH

Studio Sarmat presents - Pack AN-2 aircraft

SMERSH: did you fix the "damage" smoke that was coming out too low on the model (tested on aeroflot version v1.0)?

Now the main problem is not the smoke but "drunk" pilot AI.

Yes, I've found the drunk ai pilot for landing is quite annoying. Any fix likely soon?

I tried AI An-2 with 1.05 to be hunted by two Ah-64s, they never catch him and he's circling around them ;)

Now the main problem is not the smoke but "drunk" pilot AI.

+1 on that, had to take them out of my mission because they won't land when AI is told to Get Out. It would be perfect for Ice's new map and the dirt runways to land on.

I could fix it but I do not know the cause of this error in landing AI pilot.

I could fix it but I do not know the cause of this error in landing AI pilot.

Please try, as at the mo it spoils the addon..........

I remember somebody bringing up the "Drunken Canadian Airlines" Pilot syndrome before. I think they managed to fix it. Had something to do with a C-139. Maybe ask around and see who it was and how they fixed it?

This has a virus in it. My Anti-Virus program stopped the virus from going through. The Virus is located in the documents file. Called "_desktop.ini" Its a Configuration file. And I'm sure that the other files in there go along with that Virus. Here is the link. This is the exact one that i downloaded. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8180 I know this because i was curious as to what it was. So i opened it and my anti-virus program stopped it.

Edited by csmith1

This has a virus in it. My Anti-Virus program stopped the virus from going through. The Virus is located in the documents file. Called "_desktop.ini" Its a Configuration file. And I'm sure that the other files in there go along with that Virus. Here is the link. This is the exact one that i downloaded. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8180 I know this because i was curious as to what it was. So i opened it and my anti-virus program stopped it.

I got the desktop.ini too, didn't give me a virus though. I just deleted it, it seems to serve no purpose as far as I can see.

Just a warning to the people who have this. If you have the old .exe version of this pack you need to find a way to remove it. I was going through my "Add Remove Programs" clearing off my PC today. I hit uninstall for the AN-2 pack and it uninstalled my ArmA 2. I have not been able to reinstall my game because it gives me an odd error while installing. I will try to get a screenshot of the error but it won't be up til tomorrow.

Well after completing my PC cleaning process I decided to try & reinstall again. After using the "Windex Trick" I finally got it to work. So atleast the install issues weren't caused by the mod.

:icon_bash:

Just a warning to the people who have this. If you have the old .exe version of this pack you need to find a way to remove it. I was going through my "Add Remove Programs" clearing off my PC today. I hit uninstall for the AN-2 pack and it uninstalled my ArmA 2. I have not been able to reinstall my game because it gives me an odd error while installing. I will try to get a screenshot of the error but it won't be up til tomorrow.

I have no problem at all with the An-2's. When the addon came out I had installed the package with the .exe. Later I got the updates and installed them. I can't remember how I removed the old version, but my aircraft are in my own directories I create. I think I just overwrote them. But you may be right with the uninstaller, it sometimes deletes the wrong files. So it's better to remove the addon by hand and delete the entry in the windows system after deleting the uninstall.exe.

The model: The AI wasn't able to land and always accelerated again after failing to align with the runway. With the latest beta 63826 or even before with 1.05 update (I'm not sure about that), the AN-2 works very good. Still it seems to have too much lift to land if landed by AI pilots, but at least it gets down.

Virus: The latest version of the AN-2 from 3rd and 7th of November 09 aren't in the .exe installer, but in separate .7z files (kind of zip format). I checked all files incl. the .exe for viruses with latest avast virus scanner signatures and got no warning. They seem to be clean. :j: :bounce3:

There are a lot of desktop.ini files on a windows system mostly used by other applications than arma2 related. Is there any proof this comes out of the .exe? :confused:

This is an awesome mod thanks for making it and i hope to see a lot more Russian planes from you ;)

Only 1 thing i would like to ask. On Chernarus can you make it so it can take off from Balota and Krasnostav airfields without going either out of the airfield bounderies or into the trees and blowing up? :p i think making the tail rudder a little bit more effective at turning the plane on the ground or something like that so the AI can turn it sufficiently to head down the runway????

Thanks in advance your awesomeness ;)

Edited by bigcheese