Sign in to follow this  
welshdude

GPMG Animation

Does anyone else think that when your fireing the GPMG while standing it should be from the hip and not the shoulder because its very rare i see someone fireing a monster of a weapon like that.

I have seen it done but only when someones joking around their either fireing from the hip or in the prone position with the bi-pod attached or using something like a wall to support the weapon.

Like this? GPMG being fired from beginning until about 0:40 and 1:30 onwards. Probably just laying down cover-fire, because I find it hard to believe he'd hit anything that way.

vi_asfX3lcg

Edited by Fincuan

Does anyone else think that when your fireing the GPMG while standing it should be from the hip and not the shoulder because its very rare i see someone fireing a monster of a weapon like that.

I have seen it done but only when someones joking around their either fireing from the hip or in the prone position with the bi-pod attached or using something like a wall to support the weapon.

I do agree that it would be nice to see it in the game but I'm not sure it's worth making that much of a fuss about, it would probably involve making completely fresh animations for the game and well... that's not all that easy with this game.

Cymru am byth

@ Fudgeblood: I'm saying that the game would be more realistic if they changed the way your holding the GPMG in the game.

@ Fincuan: yeah like that, i dont think he was aiming to hit anyone but to keep them pinned down.

@ Dmahon: I dont know what its like to build addons for Arma 2 but i remember seeing stuff for Operation Flashpoint such as animations etc...

@ Fudgeblood: I'm saying that the game would be more realistic if they changed the way your holding the GPMG in the game.
Yes but there is no actual Gimpy in the game, so you're obviously talking about a mod, if so it's probably best to ask/mention this in that mods thread.

It's possible to do with handanim and correct displacement of the weapon model but it looks crap when you're firing from a prone stance; which is the position you'll use to fire a GPMG 90% of the time.

Like this? GPMG being fired from beginning until about 0:40 and 1:30 onwards. Probably just laying down cover-fire, because I find it hard to believe he'd hit anything that way.

Correct, even laying down the GPMG is designed to lay its rounds into a beating zone, It was selected for its inaccuracy to suppress the target whilst a more accurate weapon system could engage it.

possible to be made just for SFs ??

The "hold weapon anim" is bound in the weapon config, not in unit config

Yes but there is no actual Gimpy in the game, so you're obviously talking about a mod, if so it's probably best to ask/mention this in that mods thread.

The US basically took the GPMG off the British and named it the M240.

Brilliant weapon though

Yes it is, didn't say that the British made it.

But i'm saying that the US was influenced by the British Army therefore they adopted the weapon into their armoury.

They were actually looking for a coaxial machine gun to replace the troubled M73. They did some tests with a number of machine guns, and the FN MAG won by such a landslide that it was slowly adopted as an infantry weapon as well.