Sign in to follow this  
floosy

Quesh-Kibrul, island WIP

This island is much better than Avgani :cool:

Why post an Avgani video in this thread :confused:

So you can see what i mean & compare. Avgani and Afghan Village looking real,Kibrul doesnt.

I dont like the ground textures, all looking same, just plopped buildings without any realistic urban area (just a small corner with lines of buildings and a small industrial area).

I repeat: The map is ok, but the feel on it isnt right. As someone mentioned before it looks and feels like a arcade bf2 vanilla map, thats it.

There are no compunds, just single buildings (by the way the old A1 buildings, Afghan V. has own stuff (walls, foliage and enterable buildings)

And it has realistic ground textures and height map.

No way kibrul is better, i think untill arrowhead is comming nothing will come close to the good old dessert maps

Edited by Pain0815

So you can see what i mean & compare. Avgani and Afghan Village looking real,Kibrul doesnt.

I dont like the ground textures, all looking same, just plopped buildings without any realistic urban area (just a small corner with lines of buildings and a small industrial area).

I repeat: The map is ok, but the feel on it isnt right. As someone mentioned before it looks and feels like a arcade bf2 vanilla map, thats it.

There are no compunds, just single buildings (by the way the old A1 buildings, Afghan V. has own stuff (walls, foliage and enterable buildings)

And it has realistic ground textures and height map.

No way kibrul is better, i think untill arrowhead is comming nothing will come close to the good old dessert maps

Then go back and play old boring Avgani, i doubt author will start change his entire map because one person doesn't think it feels right!

I played on this map a bit last night and it rocks, great contrasting areas... awesome feel.

@Pain0815 I kinda understand where you are coming from, i love Avgani and Afghan Village... especially Afghan Village, for me its the best arma map ever made :) ... i dont think its boring at all! it still holds up.

More maps like these and im a happy cyba soldier!, cant wait for operation arrowhead :D

I love this island, it's brilliant, I just set up a massive invasion and it was awesome! Well, it would have been, except the BLUFOR AI decided to give up and have tea or something halfway though the operation :( Hardly the maps fault though ;)

It's a really interesting map, and I disagree with pain up there, I think it's pretty realistic. I love the variety and the ... the stuff! Great work.

Then go back and play old boring Avgani, i doubt author will start change his entire map because one person doesn't think it feels right!

I dont need to go back.

I play those maps with caa1 and ace2 on arma2. I have kibrul too, and i dont say its a bad map, but i say it didnt have the right feeling for me compared to existing dessert maps.

And i think too the author should not change the map. But maybe on his next map this feedback will help him (or it doesnt, who cares....;) )

I dont need to go back.

I play those maps with caa1 and ace2 on arma2.

Same here and i find Avgani boring... and then there's the bug where AI won't cross the middle section of the main road going through Avgani, really annoying.

Personally, I agree with Pain0815....while I like the Quesh-Kibrul island, it doesn't feel as organic as, say, Avgani or Afghan Village. However, Quesh-Kibrul is still a work in progress and I am hopeful that future updates will bring a more realistic atmosphere to the map. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the hard work that Floosy has done thus far.

Opteryx put a lot of time and effort into merticulously recreating a satellite map, including custom buildings and objects. That's why Avgani and Afghan Village feel so true to life.

Quesh-Kibrul, however, is in my opinion the best desert map (if not one of the best map) available for ArmA2 without using CAA1. Good job Floosy!