Sign in to follow this  
csj

RopeWalk

Just a suggestion, you could try to animate the land contact points (or what ever boats use) to make the ships bounce up and down as they go forward to make it look more realistic. Then later, you could add particle effects to make the water foam up.

Keep up the good work! This is a very very interesting addon. If you go the distance with this, it'll be a popular mod.

Very neat ships, reminds me alot of pirates of the burning seas especially when I saw the blueish paint sceme, a favored amongst traders..ship combat also really made me have flashbacks, especially the sail control in combat. Looking forward to seeing this, by the way are you a fan of tall ships and have you played pirates of the burning sea by chance?

Damn you Anfiach! My plan was to wait 14 days and bump it when it turned a year old!

THIS IS NECROPHILIA PEOPLE!

Very neat ships, reminds me alot of pirates of the burning seas especially when I saw the blueish paint sceme, a favored amongst traders..ship combat also really made me have flashbacks, especially the sail control in combat. Looking forward to seeing this, by the way are you a fan of tall ships and have you played pirates of the burning sea by chance?

PotBS is free now. Leave the dead in peace.

any news?

Yep, +1 infraction for digging out an almost 1 year old thread asking for "any news".

If there would be anything new, I'm sure they would post about it here.

Thankyou to W0lle for unlocking the thread.

In a nutshell,

any group or persons that wish to continue developing the mod for ArmA 2 & OA, I over the use of the models as seen in the RopeWalk video.

QW77V72Lbvs

Not a lot in number but a few hours work in development.

Ships - FourthRate, Small Merchant and yawl.

Guns - swivelGun, 32 pounder and 24 pounder.

Scripts for rigging and guns etc.

Basic crew.

Still a lot to be done of course and please note:

For the same reason that I can not continue working on the mod myself.

I will not be able to assist anyone else in its development, either now or the foreseeable future.

PM if Interested

If no takers then I may finish it one day.