Sign in to follow this  
Scarlet_Pimp

Any Chance of DLC for Arma 2

Guy I think that its a real shame that there is only 1 official campaign available for Arma2, all the effort BI put into making the game world and its only used once, unless your prepared to hunt the net for addon's.

I would like BI to do something like Rockstar have on the xbox, and releae new campaigns for Arma2. I would not mind paying a small fee for these campaigns, and they could release a number of them, making BI a bit of cash in the process of keeping us entertained and giving us more units we all crave.

Would anyone else like to see this, keep in mind that BI probably does not have the resources to do somehting like this for free hence why they are releasing OA already, to make them selves more money.

Edited by Scarlet_Pimp

Operation arrowhead due out sometime soon in 2010, new campaign, new island, new guns, pretty much new game !

what more could you want ;)

Gah, Please... dont call it DLC... I despise that consolie term...

"DLC" will not work with ArmA 2. why? every thing comes in little convenient PBO files witch are easily redistributed, thus making the business model worthless. We have all the necessary tools to make our own "DLC", so why would BIS compete with us the community on grounds that it cannot win (them charging a fee, and us not charging a fee)?

You want more content? go to Armaholic

or the mod sections of the forums. problems solved

Guy I think that its a real shame that there is only 1 official campaign available for Arma2, all the effort BI put into making the game world and its only used once, unless your prepared to hunt the net for addon's.

I would like BI to do something like Rockstar have on the xbox, and releae new campaigns for Arma2. I would not mind paying a small fee for these campaigns, and they could release a number of them, making BI a bit of cash in the process of keeping us entertained and giving us more units we all crave.

Would anyone else like to see this, keep in mind that BI probably does not have the resources to do somehting like this for free hence why they are releasing OA already, to make them selves more money.

I really don't get the point here. Do you know this community releases every day addons, missions and campaigns ? Just a little trouble though. They are free....

You obviously don't know much about this game and its legacy...

Let me tell you son :D

Don't use this concept of DLC anywhere its a huge scam I guess you like being scammed for content that was tooken out of the game before launch and than added in a week later for more money. :dancehead:

Anyways not trying to be rude but its a total scam, but heres the good news like the above said, this community is Epicness we make mods and addons almost daily they're easy to download and install and BIS makes "Expansions" which are usually almost always standalone products which means you dont need Arma II to play it, Operation Arrowhead comes out sometime 2010, New Island, New Campaign/storyline/characters/factions/weapons/features/engine improvements/content/FLIR/flashlights/etc

I think this is what you're looking for good sir. :)

BIS makes "Expansions" which are usually almost always standalone products

Nope,there was 2 expansions for OFP and 1 for Arma and none of them was standalone.OA is going to be first standalone expansion for Bi games.