Sign in to follow this  
Grimfist

Desert Stormers ACE

I made this mission a while ago, its really fun and realistic.

if anyone still plays arma 1, DL it and see what you think.

its for 6 players but you can play on your own with ai. (they revive you aswell)

Screenshot

Picture.jpg

Briefing

You are 'Delta Force'. A US special forces squad operating behind enemy lines in Afganistan. The Taliban have shot down a UH-60 blackhawk and 3 aircrew are missing. Your mission is to destroy the AA emplacements, Ammo dumps and locate the downed aircrew. We also believe some high ranking Taliban officials are meeting at a stronghold, take them down. When all the objectives have being completed escape to the southern desert and await further orders. In this mission a motar platoon near by to give you full motar support, but be wary of collateral damage becuase if more than 15 civilian's are killed then we will abort the mission. Be wary of IED's and suicide bombers in the area.

Credits

Mission made by Grimfist.

- Armaholic.com for scripts, help and addons

- OPFEC.com for being the best

- POTS suicide bomber script

- Jeevs IED script

- Tophe's random building positions

- Toadeater's sandstorm script

- Winter's realistic arty script

- Arma Edit for the great tool

- RTE for the great tool

- HulkingUnicorn's Revive Script

- Mandelobe's Mando Splash

- [eutf]Myke's Unit cashe script

- johnnyboy's Exploding Barrels

Required Addons

-ACE

-OPX Maps (alternate download: Arma-Info, Kellys Heroes)

-Queens Gambit Expansion

-Patch 1.14 or higher

Download

filefront

Armaholic mirror

Feedback

if you have downloaded this mission, post what you think so i can make better missions.

(i was working on a big version in CAT Afghanistan at the moment due to ArmA 2 and OFP 2 i cant really be bothered to finish it, but if you liked this, then i will finish that one)

Edited by Grimfist

Hey Grimfist, I love the idea of this as this is what im into too, but the problem is the Avgani Iraq & Afghan Village map download is not availiable, you must have had the map before the author of the map pulled his download.

I was trying to get this map too before for my own missions but it says :

"Download removed as requested by the author."

such an ausome map to, hopefully hes just updating it.

The map maker, Opteryx, has made hes Armed Assault addons unavailable in protest for BI not upgrading the Visitor tool for Arma 2.

There are still several places you can get the latest Avgani+Aghan village though, like here:

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/addons/opx.7z

Edited by sparks50

The map maker, Opteryx, has made hes Armed Assault addons unavailable in protest for BI not upgrading the Visitor tool in Arma 2.

i thought visitor 3 was like some uber military tool that costs lots of $$$, personly i think thats silly. why would BI care about his maps anyway?

well i love his maps and i hope that he makes future releases as they are AUSOME!

There are still several places you can get the latest Avgani+Aghan village though, like here:

Wonderful!

another great map for Afghan type missions, downloading now. thanks

Run and hide Taliban!

Did you place the PBO in the Missions folder? You can also place it in the MPMissions folder and access it by hosting a game in multiplayer.

Edited by sparks50

It's good to see people still making missions for ArmA1! Thank you for this. Downloading now.

I can't find the mission after installing it in my MPMissions folder either. I checked under all the "islands".

Nice campaign! :)

Just a info for those, who also encountered this little problem:

If someone else miss the ingame Afghani-Map for calling airstrikes or artillery etc., it may depend on the A.C.E.-version you use. With 1.05, I had no problem, means I had the map available. With higher Versions of A.C.E. (1.07 to 1.09), the map was missing in my inventory, because of other equipment. So I manually added the ACE_Map via the init-field of the soldier in the editor with "this addweapon "ACE_Map". Now I'm happy again. :)

Edited by marcomio

Somebody always has the map (no more everybody). You have to search the inventories !!

I like this mission, but if you play in sp the stupid ai make it too difficult !! They always die and there are too many enemy (enemy ai can kill you with an ak47 form 500 mt., they seems to be all fu..in snipers)!!

Btw I love ACE mod and this mission is very well done !!

getting the error user config/DFS_cartridges/DFS_performance.hpp not found.

i downloaded the DFS cartidges separately, put the pbo file in the mod, addons folder, but where the heck does the .hpp file go? i put it in dta then in dta/ACE......no joy. any suggestions?