Sign in to follow this  
-Shifty-

"Receiving" screen then nothing

Thank you Aelin, nice to read you \o/

@JW Custom : you'd better read the forum before posting such "epic posts".

I can't count the times I posted all kind of specs related to this major bug, still no answer from BIS, that's epic !

All kind of computer, with all kind of components have this bug, so why should I post my specs 10 times more ?

Well when just adding this post makes it looks like you didn't read anything in this thread at all, sorry if i was wrong!

Still no fix for receiving screen, that's epic !

In this same thread someone managed to get rid of the problem.

Well I found a fix. I left everything the way it was and every couple minutes I hit Shift + Num. Pad "Minus" then F L U S H as mentioned earlier.

The problem hasn't occurred once and I play all the time on MP warfare.

So thank you so much for that code!

I tried this too, without success, I really hope it will be fixed with the next patch ;(

I am having this problem too, ill try the -maxmem=2000 and see if that works and then i will report my findings back.

btw specs:

windows vista 64-bit

q6600 @2.4Ghz

nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 640Mb

4GB RAM (800Mhz)

So can anybody help? Doing the Shift and MINUS then F L U S H works but it's annoying doing it every 5 minutes to make sure nothing goes wrong.

hmm the receiving issue was fixed way back in a beta patch, do you guys use the betas?

So how the hell do we fix this? BIS don't you ever come in and help? This is a very annoying issue. If you forget to do the FLUSH command you just can't play. It's a prick.

Nice name Shifty-AFC... copy cat ;)

I don't think so.

Should I reinstall and use the latest patch?

So how the hell do we fix this? BIS don't you ever come in and help? This is a very annoying issue. If you forget to do the FLUSH command you just can't play. It's a prick.

Nice name Shifty-AFC... copy cat ;)

Ahum, I use the name Shifty since OFP1 so thats about 8 years now.:yay:

I registred here as AFC coz someone stole my name. :butbut:

Btw whats the lastest patch then. 1.04?? If so, Ive got that one and still have this problem.

If theres a newer one please redirect me to a link.

Cheers

Yeah I have 1.04 and I still have the problem. I think you need to install it from scratch, and not have a beta patch in the middle somewhere.

I just lost FIVE games and at least 3 hours because of this.

Edited by -Shifty-

there is a whole other Forum section devoted to the numerous "Beta" patches over the last three months(longer even). I think you need to get your eh together... and maybe apologize to the devs...pifft

Fixed

Yeah I get carried away. Especially when I waste hours on this issue. I'll go check out that "Beta" thing.

I was just in a game and I asked some people about this issue and they said it had something to do with connection.

Thanks anyway

It's not entirely a connection issue for everyone. The "receiving" bug re-appeared in 1.04 for a number of people. It's usually related to the video memory setting under options. Many users have found that changing settings can produce/resolve the "recieving" bug issue.

As mentioned, it should be resolved for good once 1.05 releases.

When is 1.05 releasing? Oh and Arrowhead as well !

I tried setting the graphic video memory on default, and high. Nothing has helped so far.

I'm using a GTX260 core 216 which I OCed. It has 896MBs of video memory.

When is 1.05 releasing? Oh and Arrowhead as well !

I tried setting the graphic video memory on default, and high. Nothing has helped so far.

I'm using a GTX260 core 216 which I OCed. It has 896MBs of video memory.

Soon (standard answer #1)

When it's ready (standard answer #2)

You might want to try higher than that (there used to be a table around here somewhere) but I think 512+ was "very high". Tinker with various settings though and I bet it solves your issue.

Does anyone use the -nomem in commandline?

Edit: Ok that was to easy, after 1min play I got stuck on receiving again.

Where to get the beta, coz this is doin my friggin head in.

What a bummer.

Edit II: Beta didnt help either.

Edited by Shifty-AFC

I lost some amazing games. I had my typical set up, rifleman x 2 (1 being me), SMAW, SAW and a corpsman all in an M240 HMMWV. I always play Warfare.

We were at Grishino overlooking the town from hill South-West. Then out of nowhere comes this T72. Thank God my fire team and I were out of the vehicle and using it for cover. As I was typing in "HAAAAAALP" in the text I saw this one guy who had bought an MTVR with like 10 guys in it stop, they all got out and they started engaging the T72. I also had my SMAW out and just as I was about to hit the trigger I see it turn into a blazing fire.

Then, receiving...

Or this other time the game just restarted and we were assaulting this village (Petrovka) and we watched the AI moving in getting mowed down. I flanked and pick the suckers off with the M16A2. Then when we took it we had no transport so we just sat there. I then noticed a HMMWV ambulance and we all took it and went for Grishino. After a close call with an MG bunker we got into the village. Just as the capture bar was almost finished...

...receiving

I have ATI tray tools and it shows that both FVM(free video memory) and FTM(free texture memory) keeps decreasing about 256mb until resetted back.

shift+minus+flush command gets executed but without any effect.

I'm having this nonstop:

Loop lasts for couple of seconds and it starts with:

startofloop.th.png

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4043/startofloop.png

And ends with

endofloop.th.png

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/2775/endofloop.png

And back to loop.

I never had this until I installed beta. Now its with every new beta version. Sucks...big time.

Edited by Väinämöinen

Whats your shortcut string? And do you use "default" Video Memory" setting in game? And your using XP64, so you have more than 4GB of System RAM?

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\crysis64.exe" -nosplash -mod=D:\CA;D:\beta

And yes I'm using the default video memory setting.

XP64 with 8gb ram.

After that tuned localVRAM=1068449792 and write protected arma2.cfg file too.

After installing patch 1.05, things are far better: my freezes/crashes with hard reset became this ridicolous RECEIVING issue. I can only play for less than 5 minutes, even in the armory, then i have a RECEIVING issue every minute of gameplay.

I tried many graphic settings, but none solved the problem.

This game is still unplayable for me.... after many months from its delivery... shameful.

ciao paelleon,tomorrow I will install 1.05 and see if the bug is still kicking my ass....really I hope it wont otherwise you are right,it could be a big shame

Sorry to hear paelleon!

PC: WinXP Pro, Intel E6600 2.4GHz, 3GB 800Mhz RAM, GTX260 1.7GB, SB X-Fi XtremeMusic

I have very similar HW specifications and used to get the "Receiving...." bug in 1.03-1.04. Some of the 1.04 betas fixed/improved it for me and I have yet to have a CTD or the "Receiving...." issue with 1.05 final - so far solid as a rock for me.

What graphic driver are you using for your GTX 260? I'm using 191.07 WHQL myself and the only real difference from your machine is the SB X-Fi XtremeMusic, I'm using the on-board Realtek HDA sound.

/KC

Updated to 1.05 and guess what.

Receiving problem is still there.

Thanks BIS

Edited by Shifty-AFC