Sign in to follow this  
Smee

Does Bi use the MOD's

With all the mod's that are being produced will any of them reach packing with patch's. It's like vapour trails I put that on but then had to take it off because servers didn't like it and CBA. Seem's very hit and miss or am I missing something.

Yes did have the server key files.

Unless it is a minor tweak or bug-fix done by the community it usually doesn't get included in any patch. Best possible bet would be ArmA3.

With all the mod's that are being produced will any of them reach packing with patch's. It's like vapour trails I put that on but then had to take it off because servers didn't like it and CBA. Seem's very hit and miss or am I missing something.

Yes did have the server key files.

Doesnt matter if YOU have the signed file (YOU dont need the key unless you host a server. The keys are for servers to grant an addon access to it). You need addon.pbo and addon.sign.pbo only.

Again doesnt matter if you have a signed file - the servers have to accept the addon(s). If they dont - it doesnt matter how many signed files you have. Vapour trails are in fact from BIS and they are in the game - just not activated. The community activated them with a small addon - wich needs CBA (suit of stuff to enable stuff) to work.

Join a team and you will get the best time of your life with ARMA2. Continue traggling around pub servers that doesnt allow you to use all the superb addons you like and get bored in the end.

Just a tip.

EDIT: And yes this is the wrong section (COMPLETE ADDONS). Here is where you show addons you created that are ready for use.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

I guess they could legally do it(depending on the content of the mod), but Ive never seen it happen.

Question is.. if it really happens, will the mod owners be willing to allow it? Maybe a little compensation?

Question is.. if it really happens, will the mod owners be willing to allow it? Maybe a little compensation?

I think because we are being allowed to use BIS edting tools then we can't really ask for stuff like that, BIS would have to ask you for the MLODs though, because if the models are binarized there is no way of reversing it at their end.

BIS would have to ask you for the MLODs though, because if the models are binarized there is no way of reversing it at their end.

Something tells me they do have tools for that, being the actual developer of the tools and the formats (MLOD and ODOL) ;)

The Oxygen2 that everyone can download is most likely named "Personal Edition" for a good reason, not just because BIS likes giving name-tags to everything.

"Oxygen Lite"

"Oxygen2 Personal Edition"

Limited function versions of the developer's own tools (not saying there's anything wrong with that, if everyone was able to convert binarized models back to editable format with a tool from the developer itself, it would be a mess).

Something tells me they do have tools for that, being the actual developer of the tools and the formats (MLOD and ODOL) ;)

The Oxygen2 that everyone can download is most likely named "Personal Edition" for a good reason, not just because BIS likes giving name-tags to everything.

"Oxygen Lite"

"Oxygen2 Personal Edition"

Limited function versions of the developer's own tools (not saying there's anything wrong with that, if everyone was able to convert binarized models back to editable format with a tool from the developer itself, it would be a mess).

I was under the impression that the binarizing removed important info about the model that the editor used, but you are probably right :)