Sign in to follow this  
RogueBlade

just bought ARMA2. Can I go straight to 1.04

Hey guys, long time player of OFP and a little of ARMA1

Just got ARMA2 as I got a new i7, crossfired 4890, 6gb DDR3 rig

Do I have to install the patches one by one or can I just install 1.04 and start playing!

No, you need to sacrifice a virgin before you can do any patching at all. After that, if the sun and jupiter are perpendicular on a plane and if there's a full moon, then you may drink the blood of your second neighbour's first goat while he gently strokes your scrotum, only then can you patch the game.

Edited by MehMan

No, you need to sacrifice a virgin before you can do any patching at all. After that, if the sun and jupiter are perpendicular on a plane and if there's a full moon, then you may drink the blood of your second neighbours first goat while he gently strokes your scrotum, only then can you patch the game.

/thread

why would there be a problem with 6gig RAM?

search the troubleshooting section, you might not have those problems but in case it happens you know what to do. Download ArmAII luncher http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1375299&postcount=1 and it has all the features you need such as: Limit memory, winxp switch, cpu cound, addons loading, etc... any further help give us a shout.

I don't think there will be a problem with 6GB DDR3. I have the same rig as above (minus 1x 4890!) with no dramas or need to use maxmem commands.

The problem you're thinking of only really happens with 8GB or above, but if you do have problems, have a search and try the switches.

If you haven´t done any overclokcing thingies and drivers are correctly installed, I don´t think you have to bother about your 6Gb of Ram.

My rig runs fine without any switches on 8GB -> Have Fun!

I remember the days when 512mb RAM was more than enough for most games, 6GB??? :eek:

No game to date actually needs 6GB. It's mainly just a good idea to have a little extra RAM to ensure that there is enough to go around, especially since the latest Windows versions eat up a lot of it.

No game to date actually needs 6GB. It's mainly just a good idea to have a little extra RAM to ensure that there is enough to go around, especially since the latest Windows versions eat up a lot of it.

So its the gaming equivalent of sticking a big bore exhaust,bonnet scoop,go faster stripes & a bumper kit on a car then, totally unnecessary but makes it look like the baddest car in the car park...

So its the gaming equivalent of sticking a big bore exhaust,bonnet scoop,go faster stripes & a bumper kit on a car then, totally unnecessary but makes it look like the baddest car in the car park...

That'll only work if you have a Saxo.

If it's purely a gaming rig then yeah, pretty much. People who also use their computer professionally may need the extra RAM for other things though.

I'd more compare it to building a garage 2 meters longer than your current car :)

I'd more compare it to building a garage 2 meters longer than your current car :)

Ahh! I had a BBC Micro with sideways RAM ... Guess thats why I built my garage 16meters wide:rolleyes: