Sign in to follow this  
Jaenus

I'm sorry, I must be retarded, but HOW do you take a screenshot?

Taking screenshots is usually one of the most intuitive things in any game, but I've looked on the forums, I've looked in the game and I've asked in game.

HOW do you take a screenshot, and moreover where do they go?

I'd ASSUME pressing Print Scr would do it, but I hit it a couple times and don't see anything.

So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, sorry for the newbie question. lol

Yeah theres no screenshot button and pressing Print Scr only seemst to take a picture of the desktop and not the game, so you'll have to use a 3rd party software, fraps does the trick.

Print screen definitely takes screenshots for me, however it only goes on the clipboard so you have to paste it into MSpaint or something of that sort and save it after every time you hit the printscreen key.

Or, you can run the game windowed, and use the Print Screen method, then use PS to crop off the task bar.

Sounds good. I'd like to see that functionality put into the game, TBH

Use fraps

or try forcing dx9, can't remember startup parameter though

Er, the game only supports DX9. Unless you're referring to something else, then I don't know. And I don't know why DX9/DX10 would make a difference.

To the OP: Like most said, try using FRAPS. If you have even a remotely decent system then FRAPS won't drop your FPS at all, contrary to what some believe.

Er, the game only supports DX9. Unless you're referring to something else, then I don't know. And I don't know why DX9/DX10 would make a difference.

To the OP: Like most said, try using FRAPS. If you have even a remotely decent system then FRAPS won't drop your FPS at all, contrary to what some believe.

This.

Print screen definitely takes screenshots for me, however it only goes on the clipboard so you have to paste it into MSpaint or something of that sort and save it after every time you hit the printscreen key.

Yeah but for me it only seems to print screen my desktop rather than Arma2.

Yeah but for me it only seems to print screen my desktop rather than Arma2.

Same here. It worked perfectly fine in A1.

Print screen never works for me either :( It just takes a screen of the desktop and not the game itself... I just use a digital camera :)