dmarkwick

JTD Fire And Smoke

What makes you believe it is JTD Fire & Smoke? If you disable just the F&S addon, does the problem stop?

yes the problem stop when i run game without JTD...i dont know why this happends because fps is good everything is good but after 10-20 minutes of gameplay it just crush with message stop working and thanks for quick reply

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

Also, be careful using SLX (COSLX) and SMK together, they can conflict and cause frozen upright units occasionally..

:)

yeah sometimes this happend but its always only one soldier and if i give him order to get down and then stand up then hes unfrozen

Edited by Spojkovic

yes the problem stop when i run game without JTD...i dont know why this happends because fps is good everything is good but after 10-20 minutes of gameplay it just crush with message stop working and thanks for quick reply

Try one of the most recent game betas, I was having random crash problems for a while but a more recent beta solved it. I don't know what the problem was, I didn't track it down to a specific addon or beta version.

Try one of the most recent game betas, I was having random crash problems for a while but a more recent beta solved it. I don't know what the problem was, I didn't track it down to a specific addon or beta version.

it will work if i download for example beta build 99700 when i have steam version? or give me some guide how to update my game to that build 99700 .. i have arma 2 CO just a few days so i dont know how it works (steam and non-stem versions).. i am not playing through steam i am using arma 2 launcher

I don't use Steam for CO myself but I believe it's fine to apply the beta. Particularly if you use a launcher anyway and not Steam, most launchers allow you to specify the beta exe.

The beta is a non-destructive process, it installs to its own folder and can be easily reversed simply by not using it and/or deleting it.

I don't use Steam for CO myself but I believe it's fine to apply the beta. Particularly if you use a launcher anyway and not Steam, most launchers allow you to specify the beta exe.

The beta is a non-destructive process, it installs to its own folder and can be easily reversed simply by not using it and/or deleting it.

it works with beta :bounce3: so thank u for ur help

For another intersting idea, how about firefighting with fire system with class A water and class B foam fires like Emergency 3 game system for firefighting teams. Pumpers, tankers, quint trucks, ladders.

I'd still love to see an option in the userconfig disabling smoke after the source is gone. For example when vehicle wrecks respawn online the smoke is still emitting from nothing.

Love the smoke mod! I've noticed though when I use it with ACE, I get a lot of texture pop in and out when smoke is around.

So the ground, or the textures on my person or vehicle will go from the highest of quality to the lowest of quality.

EvenLease what is your Video Memory set to in the advanced video options?

Had it set to Very High. I went ahead and looked around on the forums, I set it to default like some suggest...

Going to see if that works!

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Is there anyway to turn off Fire effects but not the smoke effects?

Basically just making it a smoke mod instead of Fire and Smoke...?

I wouldn't think so. You know the old saying "there's no smoke without fire..."

But you could always check the config file.

It's in ..\ArmA 2\userconfig\JTD\JTD_FireAndSmoke_config.hpp

I wouldn't think so. You know the old saying "there's no smoke without fire..."

But you could always check the config file.

It's in ..\ArmA 2\userconfig\JTD\JTD_FireAndSmoke_config.hpp

I understand that lol, but I'm running ACE and WarFX Blastcore... they dont mix well with JTD, seems the FIRE effect has a lot of issues.

But I would love to have the smoke out of JTD, and use the fire from ace/warfx mod.

If you mean the fire propagation you may definitely turn that off in the userconfig file. The fire itself (particle effect emitted from damaged unit) cannot be turned off, that comes with the bellowing smoke. Besides, the fire effects of JTD remain unsurpassed by ACE or Blastcore.

EvenLease I've been replying to your posts in the Blastcore thread as well as the ACE thread. Blastcore really is incompatible with ACE (Blastcore thread says this in first post). It will not cause stability issues in the game, but 75-80% of Blastcore is overwritten by ACE anyway, it's really a waste of space. JTD on the other hand only adds to existing effects whether they be from Blastcore, ACE, or vanilla. JTD in fact is not a mod, but rather an addon since it does not alter existing effects whatsoever. This means 100% of JTD effects are always compatible with every other mod or addon out there, including Blastcore and ACE.

To summarize: Turn off Blastcore with ACE - Leave JTD in its full glory - Blastcore/ACE together is the problem - You will have zero problems. | I have JTD enabled with ACE (no Blastcore) and I've never ever had any texture or performance issues from them.

PS. I should note I used to have a similar issue you reported. My textures would sometimes turn into a big sloppy mess for no apparent reason. This was not caused by any addon or mod incompatibility, but rather my video options. I had video memory set to very high instead of default. Default is needed if all your textures and graphics settings are maxed out.

PPS. You should join my dedicated server sometime so I can walk you through these kind of things outside of the forums. It is not always online, but often is. The server name is "Jugger's Madhouse!". You can add me on Steam if you like. My profile is under my avatar.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

In all my years of playing the various iterations of OFP and Arma, this is hands down my favorite mod. I have had endless fun just making up A-10 strafing run missions and sitting back and watching those gorgeous pillars of smoke fill up the sky. I know, I need a new hobby. :)

Anyway, just starting to get my feet wet with Arma 3 and while that game boosts some impressive new effects and graphics (including smoke affected by rotor wash) the smoke from burning vehicles and buildings is a little anemic.

Any chance this mod could be made to work in Arma 3? I suppose I could pop it in as-is and see what happens but somehow I don't think it would be that easy.

Thanks for any advice on converting this mod and to JTD specifically, my thanks for making an amazing mod that has, for me at least, truly been a classic.

Madmatt

Let's not forget THE all-time classic - Startled Birds!!!

I've lost count of the times I've been lurking under a bush ( ;) ), just watching.... and then, in the distance, for no visible reason, a bunch of birds suddenly fly up into the air and you think.... "there they are"...

Quite possibly the best addon of all time :)

B

Thanks guys :)

I briefly tried it out in ArmA3 last night, and it seemed to work.... quite well :)

There seems to be a visual difference to it in A3, perhaps it's a new lighting system but the smoke seems rather bluish. Plus, while testing it out at night, I saw some particles had edge clipping issues, with straight edges and corners, almost as though some of the images were the wrong size for the particles. Somehow. Anyway, I'll look into it some more as I'm quite keen to get it into A3. I'll probably be redoing the fire effects to make them more diverse and less cartoony.

And, of course, I need a list of ArmA3 tree models :)

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

Were can i find the names of the OA trees so i can add them to my .cpp file?

Sorry for the late reply BigPickle.... anyway, the trees for OA should already be in the list.

I need a list of ArmA3 tree models

t_FicusB1s_F

t_FicusB2s_F

t_FraxinusAV2s_F

t_OleaE1s_F

t_OleaE2s_F

t_PhoenixC1s_F

t_PinusP3s_F

t_PinusS1s_F

t_PinusS2s_b_F

t_PinusS2s_F

t_PopulusN3s_F

:)

B

Superb :) thanks for the info :) I will be incorporating them into the list tonight & trying it out. Of course, anyone can also do this.... :)

Superb :) thanks for the info :) I will be incorporating them into the list tonight & trying it out. Of course, anyone can also do this.... :)

Any special/different install requirements for ARMA 3 as opposed to how to it worked in ARMA 2?

Will be trying this out as soon as I get home from work tonight.

Madmatt

I have to ask,

do you have any plans to work on the code as far as some of the MP issues, and the SP issues.

Like Server>Client synchronization of effects? I run fire and smoke on my private server, and I have noticed a few things:

Fuel fires last an Incredibly long time, even if the config is set to 0.25 for lifetime. Also JIP clients cannot see a fire that has already started before their connecting, but they can be damaged by it!. You also no longer get a red flash around the edge of your screen when your being burned (MP and SP).

It would be super sweet and would help test if you had any plans to work on updating and optimizing the scripting for MP use. I wouldn't be the only one that would appreciate it!! that is for sure!

This is one if the best addons imo mate, would be great to ARMA3 to have it too..!

I have to ask,

do you have any plans to work on the code as far as some of the MP issues, and the SP issues.

Like Server>Client synchronization of effects? I run fire and smoke on my private server, and I have noticed a few things:

Fuel fires last an Incredibly long time, even if the config is set to 0.25 for lifetime. Also JIP clients cannot see a fire that has already started before their connecting, but they can be damaged by it!. You also no longer get a red flash around the edge of your screen when your being burned (MP and SP).

It would be super sweet and would help test if you had any plans to work on updating and optimizing the scripting for MP use. I wouldn't be the only one that would appreciate it!! that is for sure!

Hi Lordprimate, thanks for the interest in this addon :)

I will be making improvements to this addon for ArmA3, but I usually have to rely on other people to reveal the MP shortcomings as I just have the one machine right now. I'l look into the fuel fires timing thing & see if there's a problem there, and as for the fire JIP synchronisation, well I guess it's a problem of trees not having an init field :) as that's the method I used for making JIP work. Destroyed vehicles for JIP clients will execute their init field - which contains the smoke timings & type - and so that should work OK. Trees - don't have this ability but apparently the damage triggers get transferred regardless. I will consider this problem and see if I can't come up with a better solution.