dmarkwick

JTD Fire And Smoke

I disabled the Forest fire option, but still unfortunately the mod still caused the server.exe file to crash. Is there anything that you could do to help?

It is one mod which I would love to see running on the my server.

Thanks

Senty

I disabled the Forest fire option, but still unfortunately the mod still caused the server.exe file to crash. Is there anything that you could do to help?

It is one mod which I would love to see running on the my server.

Thanks

Senty

As I don't know why some people see this problem and not others, I don't know what the fix might be. But, as it seems to be concerned with the fire damage triggers, I might disable fire damage from the addon as a temporary measure. It will mean no damage to units or vehicles that get close to fire, if that's bearable.

Edited by DMarkwick

Its a shame any options have to be disabled, but the priority is to get a stable FandS mod on the server to gain some of the benefits.

Any help would be great...

Thanks

Senty

Edited by Senty

Yes I sure do have combined operations :cool: I just put the Config.hpp straight in there, I was not aware that I must first place a JTD folder in first.

Cheers!!!

Its a shame any options have to be disabled, but the priority is to get a stable FandS mod on the server to gain some of the benefits.

Any help would be great...

Thanks

Senty

Well I believe I have a fixed version, but it's unsigned. I don't have access to my key and it will be a while before I do (using a laptop at the moment).

Funny, when I looked at the code it became obvious what the problem was... I guess something happened in the last couple of months that made me more codey :)

Let me know if you're interested in an unsigned version.

Thanks for the support DMarkwick.

I dont mind testing the unsigned version and report back.

FYI: I have been running the Beta version with CBA, ACE and JTD_FS and the server has stayed up (2 days now), however the same error message is still reported but does not take the server down.

Thanks

Senty

Link to fixed version.

Note that it just contains the JTD_FireAndSmoke.pbo, NOT any of the other files like the config or a readme. Just a fixed, unsigned version.

Let me know if the reported error is gone :)

Thanks but just exactly what was fixed?

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

My bad, the changelog is available in the first post!

One question ... Is version from Armaholic new version or old1 because .pbo date is 1.02.2011?

Hope it gets updated on one of the two, armaholic or armed assault..;)

Thanks but just exactly what was fixed?

A reported error to do with fire damage.

One question ... Is version from Armaholic new version or old1 because .pbo date is 1.02.2011?

Yes, those versions are the "newest" :) haven't updated it in a long time. You should look for v0.3.

Hope it gets updated on one of the two, armaholic or armed assault..;)

If the fix is good, I guess I will release it properly :)

Yes v0.3 from Armaholic..thx :)

Cant seem to get the download of the fix... :(

Edited by Senty

Cant seem to get the download of the fix... :(

Just downloaded it fine here... but if anyone can recommend another more accessible & free service...

Edited by DMarkwick

There is no link for guest unless I am missing something.

Got the file, I will upload to server and report back.

Thanks

Senty

Loaded the new file, but unfortunately the server crashed after about 1 hour.

Loaded up the beta exe 97448 with the same file and the server is still running.

Thanks

Senty

Hi

I just installed this mod and i have problem with it. After 10 - 20 minutes of playing the game crusher to desktop with message "stopped working". i have steam version of arma 2 coand heres my pc:

CPU: Intel Core i7 860 @ 3.36GHz

RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

GPU: MSI R6970 Lightning, 2GB

Temperatures are very good so no overheating. i am using Arma 2 Launcher with this parameters:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@CSLA;@DAC;@LandTex;@SMK;@Blastcore_Visuals_R1.2;@COSLX;@GLT_MissileBox;@mma;@JTD

and i have checked "No Splash Screen"

so any idea why is it crushing??

Thanks for replies

What makes you believe it is JTD Fire & Smoke? If you disable just the F&S addon, does the problem stop?

i am using Arma 2 Launcher with this parameters:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@CSLA;@DAC;@LandTex;@SMK;@Blastcore_Visuals_R1.2;@COSLX;@GLT_MissileBox;@mma;@JTD

Also, be careful using SLX (COSLX) and SMK together, they can conflict and cause frozen upright units occasionally..

:)