Sign in to follow this  
santafee

2,3,4 take a bath!

........was working on a mission where u have to cross the only! bridge to the town and clear it.I say "was" cause i gove up again.The AI is too stupid to use bridges and try not to die in water or loose their whole equiqment.Another "small Bug" which is endless annoying.Only one experience this?

Yes, I found that out in the campaign when I tried to cross the dam bridge. I love how they all dump their gear in the water too. It took me a half hour just to manually switch to each team member, swim him back to shore, then cross the damn bridge. This is one of those stupid, frustrating AI glitches that shouldn't exist.

I think this is why there are no rivers in ARMA.

The AI is (at best) only as smart as the person controlling them.

One trick I discovered long ago:

~(all) 8(formation) 8(tight col) 1(move) 2(advance)

They'll line up tight on point ahead of you and you can herd them like sheep. Then when your're across, reset them to whatever formation you like.

I think this is why there are no rivers in ARMA.

Then how did they take a bath? :confused:

The whole game experience becomes quite embarrassing when the damn AI just drops their gear and tries to swim when there is a big bridge next to them. This is just ridiculous. They couldn't even cross bridges in the old Flashpoint and now ten years later the situation remains the same :D. I just wish the next patch would atleast remove the gear dropping.

But the AI just learned from ArmA1 to ArmA2 to avoid open streets while in combat stance - so it is no big surprise that it really does so :p :D