Sign in to follow this  
ahmedjbh

superpowers

hi,

just had to say, why isnt superpowers advertised more?

a small group of us played it last night, simply amazing, best arma 2 experience so far, better than campaign etc

i searched the forum this morning to see if there was any more info about it, couldnt find anything useful.

if you want a decent war like experience, try superpowers.

Does anyone know if there is any way to modify the settings? eg alter the intensity or balance of power etc etc.

this mission is the biggest piece of garbage I have ever laid witness to!

They took ArmA Warfare and shit all over it and this mission is the result.

Sadly, it works well to test server performance, because when I run this one mission on a server, the server fps steadily drops from 30 at start! to under 10 within minutes.

servers for the most part run stable missions that dont crash the server. I doubt you will see it in the list on anything but a hosted session.

really?

what do you suggest for that global war feel?

I was running it from my pc with a few friends connected and had no performance issues at all.

If theres something better let me know!

Give Odens invasion warfare and Benny's warfare a try. both are far superior to superpowers. both missions can be found in the user missions section of this forum.

I have played Bennys, it is very good. AFAIK it is meant to be played MP and not SP. I have not tried it in SP to see how the ai commander(s) act.

Visit the thread in User Mission section.

will try them both out tonight and report back.

Im looking for the "full war experience", what i liked about superpowers, is how sometimes we were on route to a city, and we would come accross an enemy supply truck or a convoy, and we mounted some severe ambushes! Take the ammo and their weapons and move on! Excellent

ensure you select "spawn at camps / ai on" for benny's or ai squads will not work. odens can be played as invasion or warfare modes and has many options for number of towns, grass on or off, etc. fast travel is not available in benny's and is only availble in odens when using the full map option. good luck with your warfare gaming, ahmed!

Thanks guys.

Tried Bennys masterpiece, simply amazing.

Tried Odens and was also very good.

Only played each one for a little bit, so yet to see which is better for me. As everyone seems so helpfull , we prefer playing asymmetrical battles, where we have to run and hide, and hit them when we want, rather than staged battles etc, any ideas?

for asymmetrical fun, try oden's in invasion mode with small number of towns. play as defender. the invader will be throwing heavy armour, attack choppers and jets at you almost instantly. you have to hang on long enough to build up your forces. as for benny's lack of ft, i initially didnt like it either but with the ability of being able to spawn at any base building, mobile respawn ambulances, transport at town center and being able to recruit a chopper from anywhere on the map and having it come to you i now think its much better without ft. movement is difficult until the money starts to flow but that comes fairly quickly. choosing new base locations is key to keeping offensive momentum.

for asymmetrical fun, try oden's in invasion mode with small number of towns. play as defender. the invader will be throwing heavy armour, attack choppers and jets at you almost instantly.

I concur, and Oden's comes with several adjustable options.

The best part is instant availability to purchase all vehicles (empty) from all towns capture point, assuming the factories are built.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

ok,

Been playing warfare BE version 031 [iCED] version. Its very good, played for 8 hours straight with friends, my wife isnt speaking to me today.

There are a few bugs we noticed, the AI commander seems to stop working after about an hour, we had to manually vote one of us in and upgrade the factories etc. The artillery system didnt work, and neither did the paratrooper option (yes we had upgraded and built d30 etc)

Sometimes you would make a t-90 or any vehicle and the crew would not be in the vehicle, and they couldnt get in to it. I assume if you were nearby you could unlock it and they could get in, but if your on the other side of the map, thats not an option.

I dont know if these are arma2 bugs, or things the benny/ice team can fix.

Im going to try Oden warfare soon, I will let you know if its any good.

What is superpowers so bad? What is the game like?

The mission concept itself isn't bad, it's a bastardized version of Warfare (ArmA1). Basically a "capture the island" game where two opposing forces start out from a random base and capture what they can. The teams earn income for town captures, salvage, kills, etc. The income is then used to buy more and better equipment as the game plays on.

The problem is that they made a half-assed effort at it. Tons of little things are broken, missing, incomplete. Examples: weapon preview in the purchase screen (icons) doesn't work. If you try to give another player some money, it gives them ALL your funds. Lack of player markers (making it hard to coordinate things). And of course, no documentation for new players. Etc, etc, etc.

Then there are the performance issues (pretty much the deal-breaker). Once the mission starts, there is simply so much going on in so many places that server performance starts to spiral downward to the point of an inevitable crash. What's odd is that ArmA1 Warfare sometimes took days to reach the point of crashing a server. Superpowers/CivilWar can do it in hours if not minutes. This really destroys the mission, as it's designed to run for a long period.

It's a shame because Warfare/WACO CTI-type missions have always been my favorites. Superpowers could have been a lot of fun.

Edited by Thirdup

hi,

just had to say, why isnt superpowers advertised more?

a small group of us played it last night, simply amazing, best arma 2 experience so far, better than campaign etc

i searched the forum this morning to see if there was any more info about it, couldnt find anything useful.

if you want a decent war like experience, try superpowers.

Does anyone know if there is any way to modify the settings? eg alter the intensity or balance of power etc etc.

A fellow believer!

When I first started I was like, OMG, Civil War and Superpowers is the best. Now mind you I never played ARMA1 or OFP, so to me this was all new, and it was gravy!

That said, I've since played online and played Benny's mod. 1 word sums it up : AMAZING.

The guy is brilliant. I play on his MP player server. Go online, sort by type. Find CTI maps and look for XR server #1. That's where he, and I, are.

It's Superpowers with mods - more guns, more vehicles. It's awesome.

:D

PS: The NPC will rape you in Benny's mod. Be warned!

PPS: As for the [iCED] version, I've never experienced any of those bugs on the NON-ICED versions. Maybe it's just that mod?

Edited by Jaenus

Hi Jaenus,

Yep, its really good. I will try and get hold of the none ice version and see, its tricky to find tho.

I tried Odens, its also good, however I feel the Benny interface is better, and the command mode a little deeper. I still think both are great though, and recommend they should at least both be tried out.

I cant beleive people are playing EVO when stuff like this is out !