Sign in to follow this  
Moosed

Is there a quick way of enabling and disabling mods ?

I am using a few mods such as LandTex1.0 and not all servers accept certain mods meaning i often get kicked. Is there anyway i can enable and disable mods quickly without having to change the target each time i load arma ?

Create more than one shortcut with different/no Modfolders?

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/modfolders

Also, for ultra fast load up of your game:

-nosplash -world=empty 

Should take you less than 15 seconds to restart the game and re-find the server.

Edited by Dead3yez

Although you can't do it "on the fly" I use this utility and it works quite well.

AddonSync 09

There are a bunch of features to this, but I primarily use it as a server browser. For each server you can configure which addons it allows and will automatically add the addons when you select the server. The first time connecting you may get kicked, so you then remove the addons they don't allow and save it. So say you have 10 servers in your list you like, each with different allowable mods, once you adjust for each, it remembers. Also has favorites and a bunch of stuff. Very handy for MP games.

Or use Linebackers Arma 2 launcher .. works good and you can change maxmem and corecount commands plus no splash etc..

goon1.jpgw800.png

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.0 Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 683 MHz. . mem 1247 MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

4 GB Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

Windows Vista 64bit

ARMA 2 MARK 3207 with high and med settings

Only problem with LineBackers is that it's more for single player. I use it if there is only a single server I connect to, but for multiples I use the AddonSync

All too often, new players discover mods and simply dump them into the root addons folder.

Don't do that.

;)

ARMALAUNCH1.2 has profiles. just make 2 profiles - one with addons and one without.

Start the launcher - choose with or without addons - launch.

Problem sorted. ;)

I find the user interface of Alpinestars - Arma II Launcher by far the most intuative and I like the fact that it runs the beta builds with the tick of a box but the idea of profiles which could be set up to suit various missions as in ArmaLauncher is nice a feature. Yoma's AddonSync is very powerful and I use it to keep my CAA1 mod up to date but it has the most confusing interface of the 3 and I've never spent enough time to use all its power. Luckily they all can be run as needed to suit the needs of the day :) I'll have a look at Linebackers Arma 2 launcher later and see how it compares.

Is there any launcher around that can manage beta versions? I've tried Linebacker's and Dogs of War's, and neither of them supports the beta as far as I can tell.

Is there any launcher around that can manage beta versions? I've tried Linebacker's and Dogs of War's, and neither of them supports the beta as far as I can tell.

I think they all do. I just load the beta as a mod and select it in Linebackers. Don't know about Dogs of war. I agree the Addon-sync mod Interface is VERY :eek: so I only use parts of it. In Addon-sync there is even an option to download beta's, but haven't tried it. I just do it by hand. Yes and DON'T shove your mods in your root folder. Make a @mod folder and all these good interfaces will be most happy.

ARMALAUNCH1.2 can do it. The button for exe path is right there on the first page (only one page - no tabs etc). Just click it and change to beta directory - and launch.

Many miss that launcher wich is very simple but very good. No server listings on it though. Still my fav for the quickness and profiles. I have 8 profiles, but maybe i like that as i beta test a lot of addons.

Alex

I'm activating the addons weapons with Alpinestars Launcher. I have those weapons in the armory but they don't show up in SP Campaign, nowhere.

Does somebody know what to do to have those weapons activated? for example with a hotkey or something?

Thanks,

Adam Adams

They will not show up in an already made mission. The mission maker decides what will be in the mission/campaign. Its completely up to the designer.

If you want lets say an ammobox with those addon weapons you have to de-pbo the campaign and then drop in the addons ammobox (or make your own with commands). Add them to every mission where you start for example.

This also means that you can add whatever you want into a mission/campaign. But you have to open it up and add stuff yourself if its already done.

Alex