Sign in to follow this  
mr.peanut

Motorcycles

Okay, so the USMC motorcycle seems to have a maximum on-road speed of about 35 km/h. The Yamaha dirt-bike is slightly faster. And yes, I am holding down the "turbo" button. These vehicles can barely climb a slight incline and are absolutely joyless to drive. Am I missing something obvious?

i get up to 100km/h. i think youve got a flat tire
Likely. I do have a spare tire.

The speed doesn't really bother me tbh. But, the anti-gravity device that seems to be attached to the front wheel is quite annoying. Any kind of incline and the front wheel goes airborne

I really miss the BAS KLR250, wipeouts and all. It was "a little" unstable, but was a lot of fun to ride.

Edited by Mr.Peanut

Good point Mr Peanut! Me too!

It was quite easy to kill yourself riding one of the old BAS KLRs, but by God they MOVED!

Just like a motorbike should be - fast and dangerous! :)

B

The speed doesn't really bother me tbh. But, the anti-gravity device that seems to be attached to the front wheel is quite annoying. Any kind of incline and the front wheel goes airborne

anti-gravity device lol

I really miss the Jawa from OFP. *sigh* I loved it. I want a real one but they are rare in the antipodes.

Yeah, I jumped on one in a multiplayer game thinking it would be a quick way to get over a steep hill. Turned out I was better off walking..

Yeah, I jumped on one in a multiplayer game thinking it would be a quick way to get over a steep hill. Turned out I was better off walking..
My point exactly. fun == 0

No one else irritated of the "broom" sound everytime you press accelerator? The "broom" sound should only play when accelerating from a standstill and not if letting off for a sec and then press again while still rolling. When using the keyboard and wanting to go slowly i tend to press/release/press and it constantly "broom broom broom", very anoying.

The "vroom" sound you hear is the engine. Like cars, motorcycles have gears. The game depicts the player shifting them. The cars do this too.

The "vroom" sound you hear is the engine. Like cars, motorcycles have gears. The game depicts the player shifting them. The cars do this too.

No the sound im talking about is a sample that plays everytime you press the accelerator key witch overlaps the actual enginesound, when using earphones its realy annoying because it has highter volume than the actual engine sound. You are right thou that the cars has them to but they work correct as they only play the "vroom" sample once your at a standstill and accelerating.

ps. I know motorcycles have gears, ive riden bikes for over 20 years :)