Sign in to follow this  
Coronel_Niel

A choice driven campaign - Worth it?

Would a story and choice driven campaign be worth it?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would a story and choice driven campaign be worth it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Just make a campaign

Would it be worth making about a 10-20 mission campaign where you would only play about half of the missions.

Choice would have 2 or 3 different opions in it and it would be a very large file.

I can release a test mission of what I mean if you want.

SP or MP - Public or for team use ?

Would it be worth making about a 10-20 mission campaign where you would only play about half of the missions.

Choice would have 2 or 3 different opions in it and it would be a very large file.

Yes it's worth it cause if the campaign is good enough, one could replay it with other choices.

It would probably be SP, because im not sure about multiplayer campaigns.

Choices could be Mp, but it would be clan mostly because 1 person would have to choise for the whole squad or maybe team.

Maybe a voting system for online?

Edited by Coronel_Niel

It's a good thing for a campaign not to be linear. But even in campaigns in which missions have several different endings after playing a couple of times player will start looking for something new. So I don't back campaigns but complex and dynamic single player missions.

In example the project which I'm currently working on:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=80589

Edited by RazorX

There is never enough sp campaigns.So,yes.:D

I've actually been thinking along those same exact same lines. Definitely go for it!

A twist on the idea is one missing maker (let's call him Mission Maker A) starting out with a short mission as a central starting point. Theme and such could be anything, but the point is make it short and quite open ended.

Then the whole thing is opened up for additional mission makers to begin making Branches off of the original short mission. Mission Makers B, C, and E would undoubtedly take the story in completely different and interesting new directions.

Indeed, any community member could jump in and extend the story however he chooses by creating a new branch from any point. Community favorite lines would likely emerge and the whole thing ends up looking like a giant tree. Every time you come back and play it there's something new, wildly connected in a bizarre new way with the rest.

Now here's where it starts to get weird and even more cool: Mission makers could even go backwards in time and create prequel branches, and the whole thing could eventually wind it’s way far back in time. The prequels could then branch off forward in new and exciting ways, and actually chronologically by-pass the original episode all-together.

Kind of boggles the mind really. :D

Well it'd have cutsceens and some scripts, but im not great at scripting. The first mission ive made, but its more of a "Test me out" type thing, with no choices as of yet.