vilas

VILAS addons release thread

SKS has as i remember BIS AK 7.62 sound

There might be some confusion in what I'm talking about. I'm talking about your P85 content. Here's a video I just took of the SKS firing. This sound is not found ANYWHERE within ArmA 2:

TyVh8ZnRIm4

This is taken directly from the config file currently on your first post

sound[] = {"\P85_wpn3d\sounds\sks.WAV", 10, 0.95};

That is not a BIS file either.

aaaa P85 :D

i agree that sound should be better

but i had no time to deal all myself

if there are people who have good sounds and time (mostly time issue) , please help

and with Dmitri config knowledge P85 can be updated again (than new sounds, updated weapons textures, updated vehicles shaders/bug fixed etc)

simply i had no time to do all myself and personally i never cared about sounds cause (it may sound weird) i don't play games

i just do addons as hobby, but i even not play :]

i play very rarely, my hifi is very silent so i don't look at sounds as much as people who have good sound card :)

i think P85 sounds can be changed with community help without any problems

sound addon and new config - not a problem , but please help and spend some time, cause now i must finalize Russian weapons and Polish packs

aaaa P85 :D

i agree that sound should be better

but i had no time to deal all myself

if there are people who have good sounds and time (mostly time issue) , please help

and with Dmitri config knowledge P85 can be updated again (than new sounds, updated weapons textures, updated vehicles shaders/bug fixed etc)

simply i had no time to do all myself and personally i never cared about sounds cause (it may sound weird) i don't play games

i just do addons as hobby, but i even not play :]

i play very rarely, my hifi is very silent so i don't look at sounds as much as people who have good sound card :)

i think P85 sounds can be changed with community help without any problems

sound addon and new config - not a problem , but please help and spend some time, cause now i must finalize Russian weapons and Polish packs

I will volunteer, with your permission of course, to update the P85 config with better sounds, more variations of vehicles (4 different A-10s for more varieties for players) and do other stuff.

I am already updating the config for usage in my Warfare Mod of Project '85.

:)

then perhaps we should coordinate our work, GossamerS, because I'm in the process of 'officially' updating the P'85 config just now.

Adding warfare trucks is one point on the list, for example.

Please PM me to discuss details, if you want to.

Cheers,

D.

super , but config update would require my BiKey which is on my PC, so last "saving" addon should be on my PC because of BIKEY (sign for multiplayer)

but i think updating other files (new textures and materials for weapons) will take some weeks

so we can plan this job for February/March probably

also i hope sounds are free files, not owned by other mod - cause it would need their permissions

or maybe write "dependance" in config and use for example HiFi sounds addon as "required" by P85 ?

it is just idea :)

to use other addon or to include/change sounds in weapons/vehicles addons of P85

of course Dmitri will have hands and control over config values and etc.

GossamerS contact him too, cause he is updating and his effort cannot be lost (fixing bugs) because of adding files to older version :)

i simply have no time to touch it and Dmitri is better in configs than me , so i think i will just "use BIKEY" at the end of process and i will care about "folders, models, textures etc."

Edited by vilas

Hi Vilas,

Another member of our forums here got intouch with me about my sounds & your AK pack. HiFi will be doing some sound work on these lovely weapons of yours, I just need confirmation off said member.

:D

EDIT:

These sounds I beleive will work standalone. But I'll confirm this a a later date.

Dmitri I sent you a PM

As for sounds vilas, I'll be making them use vanilla arma2 sounds so that people can use their own sound mods to make them sound different to what they like.

I personally use HiFi Air and Weapons right now.

Edited by GossamerS

Hi Vilas,

Another member of our forums here got intouch with me about my sounds & your AK pack. HiFi will be doing some sound work on these lovely weapons of yours, I just need confirmation off said member.

:D

EDIT:

These sounds I beleive will work standalone. But I'll confirm this a a later date.

That's right, Mark XIII did kindly gave me the permission to use his sounds,:yay: so I will start dig myself into the configs today, but I request patience from the interests, as I'm really new to this kind of business, and I make a lot of mistakes in the first place, so I might be a little slow

please confirm all with Dmitrii to avoid mess in classes

i will try to create some forum for work in progress on P85 :)

i have one, but website is in Polish to register and work there

it would be better to organize your jobs on such forum for work on P85 community update

http://www.createforum.com/vilas/

maybe there will be better to discuss every file / sound issue ???

to not spam BIS forum ??

such "work in progress" forum ? or is it bad idea ? - UP TO YOU :)

Edited by vilas

I'll be making them use vanilla arma2 sounds so that people can use their own sound mods to make them sound different to what they like.

Hm... How would you do that?

You would need a replacement config to use custom sound mods with P'85 anyway, no matter if you use Vilas' or BIS' sounds... Or am I mistaken here?

i will try to create some forum for work in progress on P85

That would be great!

First off, I'll host a real forum script after (not a free site hosting :))

EDIT: http://69.165.165.192/p85warfare/index.php

second, I believe if you check BIS' original config files you can see what sounds the guns use and then you would put the gun sounds of P85 in our config to those ones. That would make it use vanilla sounds (allowing people to load their own sound mods as they do in vanilla matches).

I might be wrong here as I'm not too experienced in addons yet, but I believe that is how it's done.

Edited by GossamerS

I fear that won't work.

The sound mods that I know don't replace any vanilla sound files (that would be very bad practice).

Instead, they contain replacement configs that link existing weapon classes to their new and added custom sound files.

That means: even if you replace all P'85 sounds with vanilla BIS sounds, sound mods will only work with P'85 weapons that inherit from BIS weapon classes. Any classes that had to be defined anew will not work.

So, long story short: For sound mods to work properly, a replacement config is a must. Changing P'85's config will not suffice.

http://www.createforum.com/vilas/ <<< it is free as i see :)

i stated there some topics, pool what to do, please check it also

concerning "any" sound mods - they all replace BIS class

if my AK is BIS class inheritance (new model only) than all sound mods work

shortly: AK74M - every sound mod work, AN-94 not, cause 2-rnd burst is defined

if there is other fire mode (burst etc) it uses defined sound line and no sound mod work

it could be good to discuss there all "this sound to this weapon, this folder" issues

Edited by vilas

I fear that won't work.

The sound mods that I know don't replace any vanilla sound files (that would be very bad practice).

Instead, they contain replacement configs that link existing weapon classes to their new and added custom sound files.

That means: even if you replace all P'85 sounds with vanilla BIS sounds, sound mods will only work with P'85 weapons that inherit from BIS weapon classes. Any classes that had to be defined anew will not work.

So, long story short: For sound mods to work properly, a replacement config is a must. Changing P'85's config will not suffice.

That's the point. Think for a second here, you WANT p85 to use vanilla sounds so that people can USE whatever mods THEY want. I'm not including HiFi Weapons within P85. I'm making P85 use vanilla sounds so I can go and load HiFi in my shortcut to ArmA2 myself and have HiFi sounds.

Understand now?

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

http://www.createforum.com/vilas/ <<< it is free as i see :)

concerning "any" sound mods - they all replace BIS class

if my AK is BIS class inheritance (new model only) than all sound mods work

if there is other fire mode (burst etc) it uses defined sound line and no sound mod work

http://69.165.165.192/p85warfare/

use that URL instead. I hate those "free" forum hosting sites, never trust worthy :)

sorry but i don't trust when someone lead forum and can cancel my posts , sorry :P

simply i would like to be "safe" on "my addons" discussion forum

Understand now?

no, impossible, if you do sound mod, you ONLY replace class of BIS weapon like AK_47_M for example

so if there is vil_SKS : ... fire mode single : ....} than it won't work

i understand what you would like to have, but engine limitation

like every RPG has its own magazine

in real life you can put any rocket to any RPG7

but in game, for RPG7D, RPG7 ironsight, RPG7 scoped - you have different

sorry, engine limits

you can do sound mod for "vanilla" classes, you cant do it if something has other fire mod (AN94 with 2 burst, Groza with short 250 meters range, Vikr with 100 meters accuracy, AEK with AK ratio of fire and burst )

That's the point. Think for a second here, you WANT p85 to use vanilla sounds so that people can USE whatever mods THEY want. I'm not including HiFi Weapons within P85. I'm making P85 use vanilla sounds so I can go and load HiFi in my shortcut to ArmA2 myself and have HiFi sounds.

Understand now?

Yes, perfectly, but that just won't work.

Not even the standard P'85 AK74 will be able to use sound mods without replacement file. It has different fire modes than the stock BIS one. Using BIS sounds with these modes will still not enable you to use sound mods with this weapon without replacement config, because your favourite sound mod will not have a replacement line for the class 'P85_AK74'.

I would be very happy if you can prove the opposite, however. If it worked your way, things would be much easier :)

D.

----

EDIT: oops, vilas just said the same thing while I was typing.

sorry but i don't trust when someone lead forum and can cancel my posts , sorry :P

simply i would like to be "safe" on "my addons" discussion forum

no, impossible, if you do sound mod, you ONLY replace class of BIS weapon like AK_47_M for example

so if there is vil_SKS : ... fire mode single : ....} than it won't work

i understand what you would like to have, but engine limitation

like every RPG has its own magazine

in real life you can put any rocket to any RPG7

but in game, for RPG7D, RPG7 ironsight, RPG7 scoped - you have different

sorry, engine limits

you can do sound mod for "vanilla" classes, you cant do it if something has other fire mod (AN94 with 2 burst, Groza with short 250 meters range, Vikr with 100 meters accuracy, AEK with AK ratio of fire and burst )

As for the posting, you will have the same admin I do on that forum. The devs that will be working together have admin.

I don't quite get what you are saying with the sounds. I'll have to do some testing so I can better understand.

EDIT: Ah I saw dmitri's post. That makes a lot of sense now... well we'll have to figure out a new way to solve the issue.

OK I've finished with the first set of sound replacement, with this addon you can have HiFi weapon sounds for the next in Vilas' Russian/East European weapon pack:

-AN-94 Abakan (uses HiFi AK-107 sounds);

-AEK971 (uses HiFi AK-107 sounds);

-AKS-74U (uses HiFi AKS-74U sounds);

-AK-105 (uses HiFi AK74 sounds);

-OC-14 (uses HiFi AKS-74U/UN sounds);

-VSS (uses HiFi VSS sounds);

-VAL (uses HiFi VSS sounds);

-9A91 (uses HiFi Bizon sounds);

-SR-3 Vikhr (uses Hifi Bizon sounds);

-AEK973 (uses HiFi AK-107 temporarly)

In the future I'll add HiFi sounds for the handguns too, and try to change AEK973's sound to AK-47/AKM sound. Of course any recommendation for change is welcome.

All credits are go to Mark XIII and Vilas, I only take short drinks (anything from vodka to whisky :) ). The work is theirs, I cannot and will not give permission to change the content I bring to you, you have to ask them for it. Hope you'll have fun with it!

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/184871/-HiFi-Vilas-7z.html

PS.: if needed I'll open a new topic for it, just to not overspam Vilas's topic

Vilas,

I see you used

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\p85_v\air\a10_01_co.paa", "\p85_v\air\a10_02_co.paa"};	

to change the texture (skin) of the A-10

I try to do this with the UH-1Y in the same fashion you did to the A-10 (but with a new Huey skin) and it doesn't seem to want to use the new skin. What am I missing?

@Banderas: cool, thanks!

@GossamerS: The UH1 is not set up to use hiddenSelections. This method will not work. AFAIK hiddenSelections have to be set up in the .p3d. And as the Huey is binarized, we can not add that feature :(

p.s.: you guys should decide on one developer forum...

@Banderas: cool, thanks!

@GossamerS: The UH1 is not set up to use hiddenSelections. This method will not work. AFAIK hiddenSelections have to be set up in the .p3d. And as the Huey is binarized, we can not add that feature :(

p.s.: you guys should decide on one developer forum...

so is there no possibility to re-skin the Huey or MH-60s through configs? I don't really know how to do it any other way.