Sign in to follow this  
Moosed

Random message i get everytime i open Arma 2

Arma 2 has always worked fine for me but for some random reason everytime i open it i get this odd error message

No Entry C:\Users\Carl\Documents\Arma2\ArmA2.cfg.3D_Performance

The game then starts up as normal...

Its quite annoying, anyone know what the cause could be and how it could be fixed ?

never gone near any config files, way above my head !

it literally just randomly started happening. not changed anything between when it worked and when it started showing me this message !

go to your C:\Users\Carl\Documents\Arma2\ directory, there should be a file called "ArmA2.cfg". right click on it and select 'properties' - check to see if it is 'read only'. If it is, make it NOT read only. Either way after that is checked, open it up and add the line:

3D_Performance=48387;

at the end of the file. save it and start up arma2 and it should be fixed!

go to your C:\Users\Carl\Documents\Arma2\ directory, there should be a file called "ArmA2.cfg". right click on it and select 'properties' - check to see if it is 'read only'. If it is, make it NOT read only. Either way after that is checked, open it up and add the line:

3D_Performance=48387;

at the end of the file. save it and start up arma2 and it should be fixed!

thanks for responding, i did this but now i get a new error message saying

No entry 'C:\Users\Carl\Documents\ArmA 2\ArmA2.cfg.adapter'.

It still loads up and works as normal but i don't want that error message their everytime !

Anyone able to give further help ?

Delete that arma2.cfg file completely from C:\Users\Carl\Documents\Arma2\

When you start ArmA2 next time the file is created from scratch. No need to reinstall the game. For some reason the config file is fubar'd it seems.

One thing I'll add, and is worth doing for everyone. Go into my Docs and make a backup of Arma.cfg and yourname.Arma2profile.

When Arma crashes it can corrupt these files and make them permanently unusable, it can be a real bugger to re-setup all your key controls and game settings. It only takes two seconds.