Sign in to follow this  

Crysis 2, new trailer!

Have you guys heard that its coming in 3D as well? It gonna be sooo holyshit experience. :D

Have you guys heard that its coming in 3D as well? It gonna be sooo holyshit experience. :D

Does it also come in flop my body around like a moron flavor?

Ill pass with Crysis 2.

@CH 123

Thats what Arma 3 is for. :yay:

I have never played Crysis, I have seen a few videos on youtube and decided not to buy it.

I played Crysis in 3D.

It wasn't bad, but there were better titles for it.

Hopefully they will have pandered to it more.

You know, put in monsters that fire stuff towards you like the psyker beasts in STALKER or those tongue monsters in Left4Dead.

If not a load of swinging pendulums always works.

Edited by Baff1

I have never played Crysis, I have seen a few videos on youtube and decided not to buy it.

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything special.

Pretty graphics does not a good game make.

^ This. :j:

I'm still hoping that Crytek will make the PC version literally that - a PC version i.e. not a console port.

With EA holding them by the balls, however, that glimmer of hope is quickly fading...

From what I understand they actually ported various parts of the original PC CryEngine to the consoles.

The special thing is that the IDE (integrated development environment) of CryEngine is a real-time WYSIWYG solution.

And they have used this to develop the same material simultaneously on PC and consoles.

This eliminates the problems of simply porting the engine and trying to put wrappers/virtual machines for the different API's.

But that means the coders have less time to implement new features like a Direct3D 11 renderer or DirectCompute offloading.

Although many people don't like Crytek games because of the unhuman enemies, I always find that refreshing actually.

The only things I really dislike about these games is the investment of hardware and the bad unhuman AI. The latter is said to be fixed now though.

As I understand it every all platform game is created in the same way. (Hence no mods).

However, a port is still a port no matter how in depth they are in explaining the porting process to us.

It matters not to me whether it is ported in real time or ported after completion on one platform.

I do not imagine for one second that the AI on Crysis 2 will be improved on from the AI in Cryisis.

Quite the opposite. Givern the far lower system specs this game is designed for AI will be amongst the first things to be nerfed. Just as it was in Far Cry 2, just as it was in FEAR 2.

Complex AI most needs the two things consoles suck most at, RAM and CPU.

As I understand it every all platform game is created in the same way. (Hence no mods).

However, a port is still a port no matter how in depth they are in explaining the porting process to us.

It matters not to me whether it is ported in real time or ported after completion on one platform.

I do not imagine for one second that the AI on Crysis 2 will be improved on from the AI in Cryisis.

Quite the opposite. Givern the far lower system specs this game is designed for AI will be amongst the first things to be nerfed. Just as it was in Far Cry 2, just as it was in FEAR 2.

Complex AI most needs the two things consoles suck most at, RAM and CPU.

Yes, porting is porting. But usually developers port games from console dev kits to PC, not the other way around.

So, Crysis 2 has no lean or prone. Great, I hated that in previous game.

I hope weapons have no recoil and everything is toggled. If you would get knocked out on every load during the campaign would be awesome as well. I really have high expectations for this game, cant wait for it.

did you expected really more? :)

1293299949229.jpg

Same goes for aliens (particularly ones uniformly wearing symmetrical robo-armour designed to be easy for the artists to render), sci-fi fetish suits, Johnny Allen from Eastenders' voice work (again) and single-player campaigns that are scripted from start to finish to include a shopping list of graphical effects.

Same goes especially for single-player campaigns where the first two levels are twenty times better than the remaining eighty percent of the game.