Sign in to follow this  
ohara

Pistacia tree&bush bark

hello, i need for some new vegetation models, textures of pistacia bark, unfortunately we dont have this species in czech rep. (just as nuts in shops :) ) if somebody can make photos of that tree bark and leaves, it will really help me. If you can do it for me, pls contact me here. Thanks

Do you mean Pistacia afghanistania, or another variant listed here?

Abs

Pistacia vera or pistacia atlantica, need photos of trunk from mutiple sides to create cilindric tiling texture.

*reads between the lines*

Does this give us any hints as to where you might be making maps for?

*reads between the lines*

Does this give us any hints as to where you might be making maps for?

Don't we already know they are making one of Takistan?

hello, i need for some new vegetation models, textures of pistacia bark, unfortunately we dont have this species in czech rep. (just as nuts in shops ) if somebody can make photos of that tree bark and leaves, it will really help me. If you can do it for me, pls contact me here. Thanks

I'd go out and take pictures for you but in order to find that tree I would have to travel several hundred miles.

Hi Ohara

I would suggest contacting

http://www.kew.org/

If you need more I may be able to help.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Also try doing a google image search, it comes with many results and high res pictures of tree.

Unfortunatelly taking images from the net isnt that easy since BIS would have to contact the authors for permissions.

Alex

Unfortunatelly taking images from the net isnt that easy since BIS would have to contact the authors for permissions.

Alex

Only if they're copyrighted... :j:

I can get you pictures of Cannabis Sativa if you wish.

Also copyrighted material IS the web. Everything created/pictures/drawings/ etc, are all instantly copyrighted by the author. It's assumed. So he needs ORIGINAL pictures sent.

Do you know what species you need? Apparently we have Pistacia plantations here in Phoenix Arizona…I’m might be able to find one. Oh any my girlfriend is a pro photographer too, so that might help.

Do you know what species you need?

Um... :j:

Pistacia vera or pistacia atlantica, need photos of trunk from mutiple sides to create cilindric tiling texture.

Just remember to try and get great lighting conditions - the less uneven shading on the bark, the better.

Uhm

Ill take a wild guess and say you need Pistacia vera or pistacia atlantica species.:cool:

Only if they're copyrighted... :j:

Wich they automaticlly are...

Do you know what species you need? Apparently we have Pistacia plantations here in Phoenix Arizona…I’m might be able to find one. Oh any my girlfriend is a pro photographer too, so that might help.

This really can help, if you can do photos of trunk from multiple sidedes from not so much strong and direct light, it will be awesome.

Wich they automaticlly are...

I inquired to the University of Arizona for the links I gave. Seems simple to use, they just ask for credits.

Do you still need pistacia and pomegranate barks and leaves photo references ?

Because I just come back from a trip to Jordan and I took a couple of these (including a 450 year old pistacia atlantica in Petra).

Bye