Sign in to follow this  
psychokilla

When are you going to fix this useless game???

As the subject says, I want to know when the developers intend to fix this game, I have a Skulltrail system with 8 3.2GHz cores, 16GB of 800MHz ram and 2 8800GT's in SLI.

I'm lucky if I can play for 10 minutes without the game crashing. Of course I have to use the -winxp flag to get the game to show any textures at all. WTF?

Why?

Didn't the developers bother to test this game on a variety of machines? Didn't they have beta testers? For a game that looks like it will have as many patches as the first one did, wouldn't it be sensible to have a more inclusive beta testing program that can give performance results on a variety of test machines?

I can play any other game on the market at very high settings (I know my GFX cards are older now but it appears the game does not perform any better with newer generation cards either) without any problems whatsoever, so what makes this game different?

I eagerly awaited the 1.3 patch thinking, stupidly as it transpired, that they would address the most obvious and most serious bug this game has, did they? No, what they did was fix the smallest most insignificant bugs, bugs which most people probably would not even have noticed.

Now the 1.3 version of the game crashes my server box as well.

So my question remains, when are the developers going to concentrate on fixing these major bugs, which, by any other developer, would be called "showstoppers".

To release a product that performs as badly as this game does is simply unforgivable.

Edited by psychokilla

16GB of RAM??? what a waste...

there's a lot of people that have problems; but there's also a lot that don't have problems so obviously they got something right. Just because it can't run on your "kick ass" system doesn't mean it's worthless (except to you)

obviously if you read anything in the community update thread they're working on 1.04 and are releasing beta patches to the public to test before final release. Maybe you can actually help fix a problem instead of just bitch about it now

8 cores (and 16GB)

More is not always better.

There are few (if any) games that are designed to utilize the parallell computing powers of that due to timing problems.

=========

Sorry that came out a bit wrong and is not really an answer to or explanation for your CTD's.

What I mean (in reference to your extreme platform) is that few games (if any at all) are designed to utilize that many cores. The biggest problem in gaming industry in regards of parallellism is to solve the latency introduced while waiting for different threads.

Edited by =WFL= Sgt Bilko

I can't see any troubleshooting question in this thread so I see no point for it.

The new beta patch release apparently addresses some of the multi core problems..

A new beta patch? Where is that available? There is no such patch in the Updates section...

No problem to troubleshoot, therefore no need to leave this open to attract off-topic posts.

Closing

Planck