Sign in to follow this  
gonza

VTS3 - Live Multiplayer coop mission editor

I thing that you just have to join a enemy group

create a enemy groupe (add a name like GRP1) with no movement

send this command in the editor interface

[joueur1] join (leader GRP1)

but the invisible function just work for the IA (other players are able to see you)

the invincible function will work

mixed with the VTS teleport tool and the arma commandment interface it would I think that it be very nice

I will try it, Good idea !

Edited by gonza

How can I merge the VTS3 with another mission?

I unpacked VTS3 and my mission with the tool armaunpbo_v10. Than I opened my mission in the editor and selected merge with VTS3. Than I deleted the base from VTS3 and placed the gamemaster in my new base.

In the starting screen where the player roles are selected is now the gamemaster available in my mission, but there is no [t] menu for the real time editor.

Please excuse me for bugging you with such basic editing questions, but maybe you know the answer how to embed the VTS3 into another mission.

Hi,

Thanks for this great Arma 2 mission.

I have one question:

I am really confused on how to edit the .cfg file to add your own mods. I have tried everything and what I have deduced is that you need a PBO editor and then navigate to the /mods/config folder in the editor.

If this is correct, can someone please point me in the direction of an editor that will help me do this.

Or, if I am completely wrong, please explain how I go about access these .cfg files to add my mods.

Thanks

take cpbo in keygetis arma tools

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

ps : I have made a VTS3 version for panthera

(realy nice map)

I whill make it public tomorrow

and I will make a CAA1 version (sarhani)

realy easy to do that with the merge fonction in the editor (10 minutes to put VTS on a other map)

Edited by gonza

Thanks for the reply and I got it working.

I have found 1 bug though with the Games Master in v0.8c, when you die and respawn, you no longer have the option of selecting the "Computer" in the menu. You have to get in a vehicle and get out again in order for it to reappear.

yes I know that I will fix it in the next version

First of all: Gonza thank you very much for your beautiful work!

I've looked into this thread but i didn't find a command or something that can delete units or vehicles that the Game Master has created.

It is possible to delete or modify or nuke units or vehicles that have been created?

For example:

Yesterday i've created a map for my friends but i've discovered that the opposing force was too strong for them...i helped them by creating friendly units but it could be managed better if i would be able to delete some of the enemy units i've created.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope to have explained well the issue :)

yes I can undertand you , no problem

thanks for this report

I will work to add a delete system in a next version

to do that I need to change the marker system , and the unit creation system

after that, a simple combo with the name of any unit or group created

with a delete button

after that I will be able to add other buttons on this combo like "join","reassign movement","kill","teleport"...

it would be nice and useful

yes I can undertand you , no problem

thanks for this report

I will work to add a delete system in a next version

to do that I need to change the marker system , and the unit creation system

after that, a simple combo with the name of any unit or group created

with a delete button

after that I will be able to add other buttons on this combo like "join","reassign movement","kill","teleport"...

it would be nice and useful

Wow!!

You are great Gonza!

:rthumb:

Hi!

One thing i have always wanted to do as gamemaster to give my players a unique experience is to be able to point control units and vehicles. Is there possible to add such a function to the VTS?

Like take control of the NPC that are going to be their contact or to jump into the body of their commanding officer when he is to explain the current mission. Other example is to control the helicopter which will insert them, to get it just like I want it.

Do you think that would be complicated to accomplish?

Best wishes!

/Mats

Hi!

One thing i have always wanted to do as gamemaster to give my players a unique experience is to be able to point control units and vehicles. Is there possible to add such a function to the VTS?

Like take control of the NPC that are going to be their contact or to jump into the body of their commanding officer when he is to explain the current mission. Other example is to control the helicopter which will insert them, to get it just like I want it.

Do you think that would be complicated to accomplish?

Best wishes!

/Mats

I have a similar request. Is it possible to control AI that has already been created? Like using an edited High Command module, etc?

Cheers.

like in matrix (take control of any units) ;-)

it is possible with the join function

see my little tuto in preview page

It is possible to get, briter and biger menue ?:) The text format off the meny is smal, ven im siting vit big tv..LOVE the work you done..!

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

It is possible to get, briter and biger menue ? The text format off the meny is smal, ven im siting vit big tv..LOVE the work you done..!

When a single vehicle is spawned, it doesn't move.

Some vehicle groups are interchanged. For example:

inf.meca has no vehicles

mi-17 = Ka-50

Ka-50 = BRDM-2

It is possible to get, briter and biger menue ?:) The text format off the meny is smal, ven im siting vit big tv..LOVE the work you done..!

yes just change the interface size in arma options

@Gladius I will fix it

Do all clients have to have this installed?

Will it work on a game hosted on a dedicated server?

Oh wait... this is a mission not an addon.. I'm a bit confused!

Edited by Tankbuster

Do all clients have to have this installed?.....No

Will it work on a game hosted on a dedicated server?...Yes

warzoneusa is hosting this right now and its pretty cool ,

Yes, I see now. It's a mission not an addon so essentially, only the server needs it. :)

*slaps own forehead*

Thanks rusty. :)

I can't figure out how to equip a weapons box with my own selection in the real time mode. Is it possible somehow, or do I have to edit the config.sqf?

Edit the sqf and create another ammo box, you can t do it in the real time mode (for the moment).

When I disable the AI with an command in the init line, it just works once. After that it's not possible to spawn any more units or objects.

I got the following error on the screen when clicked on Computer for the first time..... server 1.04 official.

"Variable '_display' does not support serialization. Call 'disableSerialization' in the current script (maybe '') if you need to use it."

I know that this message apear only 1 time

you juste have to click OK

I will create an VTS version for ACE as soon as possible