Sign in to follow this  
WKK Gimbal

Unprofor mod update

air_header.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

Snype at OFP.uk has been most kind to help giving the UNPROFOR mod site an overhaul!

Some new screenshots have been added and a background story + more screenshots are right around the corner!

Take a look HERE

---------------------------------------------------------

Looks outstanding as always!

It does look so COOOL.

BUt can i have some question? Why shoudl be UN using Mi-24 helos? For vehicles thaht are strictly offensive does UN use camo not white color. smile.gif

Dont get me wrong i really like you work wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Erex @ Mar. 22 2002,11:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It does look so COOOL.

BUt can i have some question? Why shoudl be UN using Mi-24 helos? For vehicles thaht are strictly offensive does UN use camo not white color. smile.gif

Dont get me wrong i really like you work  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, it's based on a photo I at some point saw on an OFP fan website, of a real Mi-24 Hind painted in white with UN logo!

Sometimes it's enough just to show up and display firepower, to prevent an attack - a method the UN did apply with tanks in several cases in former Yoguslavia.

Damn! I was just about to post that picture too!  biggrin.gif

Then all I have is a quote from Mil's homepage:

"Over 600 Russian military helicopter pilots have been cited with UN awards. In UN colours, MiL helicopters with Russian crews are used by the UN with high priority."

Did u skin the propellers with that orange colors, or is that a graphic added after the ingame screen?

If its ingame, its just perfect... i didnt know the engine could make such realistic visuals smile.gif

The rotor is ingame - my policy is to only show stuff from inside OFP.

That's also why the MOD site doesn't have pictures of 3d renders: they will not be shown before they actually work inside the game! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Erex @ Mar. 22 2002,11:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BUt can i have some question? Why shoudl be UN using Mi-24 helos? For vehicles thaht are strictly offensive does UN use camo not white color. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The Mi-24 has troop transport capability (granted, it's only 8 or so), so it would have some medevac/extraction/transport use...

It's also a pretty reliable sorta chopper, and Russia (and other former Eastern-bloc countries) has a whole bunch of em, so it would seem to be a good choice for Russian UN forces.

The screenshot looks triffic BTW smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DeathShrimp @ Mar. 23 2002,09:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Erex @ Mar. 22 2002,11:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BUt can i have some question? Why shoudl be UN using Mi-24 helos? For vehicles thaht are strictly offensive does UN use camo not white color. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The Mi-24 has troop transport capability (granted, it's only 8 or so), so it would have some medevac/extraction/transport use...

It's also a pretty reliable sorta chopper, and Russia (and other former Eastern-bloc countries) has a whole bunch of em, so it would seem to be a good choice for Russian UN forces.

The screenshot looks triffic BTW smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yup...not only that it makes a great VIP helicopter as it's one of the if not THE most heavily armored helicopter in the world. So it's fairly capable of surviving attempts to bring it down by most 3rd world AA systems. Thus I would imagine that it would be the prefered way for UN VIP's to get around without worrying about their ride getting shot down. It's also capable of handling any trouble on an LZ especially the earlier models equipped with the 12.7mm turret mounted gattling gun.

Plus like someone else mentioned it can be used for medevac purposes or transporting small units. Finally one of the most important uses is just psychological. It has to be the meanest looking gunship ever made no matter what color it is. It just is an incredibly intimidating helicopter. Most smart people will go into a deep hole when they see the business end of a HIND coming towards them since it's well known to be as deadly as it looks.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It has to be the meanest looking gunship ever made no matter what color it is.<span id='postcolor'>

Too right

Also the ugliest - looks like some sort of flying potato

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Mar. 24 2002,05:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

Oooooooooooooooooooohhhh! MaxRes Chris and welcome to the forums!

OT: take a look at Chris' OFP missions page. Put it in your forum sig, Chris.

I remember Chris from the NG smile.gif