Sign in to follow this  
gms

Mauser 98k (0.6b) and MP40 (2.0) by gms

Very nice, thanks. Now the Jerry squad could have more strong firing supports from the grenades launched by the rifle. Just hope such launching way could be more sensitive to be carried out by AI soldiers than from some other Mod.

Loving the K98 by the way! Been hunting Chedaki with it for an hour straight now - When you hear the bolt rotate, it's already too late.

EDIT: For the future I'd love to see some old weapons fitted with modern scopes - Like Cobra's, PSO's or similar, it would add a bit of spice and some "makeshift" feeling to the insurgent groups in the game.

It is interesting offer, i shall think about it. :)

An ammo crates will be later.

@-rF- Cultivator

Thank you. A very good pictures.

Now I changed a sounds (thanks to Sgt.Elias), and made a little change the config of kar.

Does anybody knows how to make working bayonet?

Edited by gms

Does anybody knows how to make working bayonet?

There have been a few different implementations since as early as OFP. Making melee weapons function in RV engine is sort of an art...

The models are great, thanks for the work:)

But mp-40 is really lacking power (as it was in ArmA). Too much bullets for one dead:) I hope you'll fix it in future versions

I haven't tested the MP-40 out much, but considering it's caliber of 9mm it should take a bullet or three to result in a fatality, especially if you're shooting at folk with body armour.

I would expect the same GoOB.

Invisible and very short range bullet perhaps? I remember some melee attacks in OFP worked in that fashion. For the bayonet attack to function and look effective it would require a decent animation implemented, too.

YES WW2 is coming to ARMA2, all we need now is some VERY nice person or team to make a full blow mod ;)

NICE MODELS DUDE!

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

How do i actually use these ingame, how do i give them to my character or a weapons crate?

For giving the weapons to a unit:

Get a soldier in the editor and type this in it's init field;

removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "gms_k98_mag"; this addweapon "gms_k98"

Replace "gms_k98_mag" and "gms_k98" with any of the other classnames found in the start of this post to kit the unit out with a K98 with bayonet or all the other weapon variations included. Several instances of this addmagazine "gms_k98_mag" will obviously result in more magazines being added.

For weapon crate;

this addmagazineCargo ["gms_k98_mag",10]; this addweaponCargo ["gms_k98",2]

in your Ammo or Vehicle init line.

There you go, your answer was just a few pages back.

Dude, great addon, one thing though, the Mp40 is (in my opinion) under powered. you gotta remember they'd be using modern day ammo, not 1940's surplus, so the high recoil is good, but give it the same power a Beretta M9 and it would be perfect. Lastly, just a personal thing, get a luger out next, or a webley revolver, then maybe a mousin nagant?

Edited by Nanshoes

These weapons will include in Liberation Mod 1941-1945, a lot of weapons in plan :) A units in the Mod have no heavy armor like a units in Arma2 + a hit of ammo will change, I think that will OK. See an updates in Libmod thread for a2. This tread can close.

YES WW2 is coming to ARMA2, all we need now is some VERY nice person or team to make a full blow mod ;)

there are several ww2 mods in progress.