Sign in to follow this  
gdiza

South Africa!

When is this game coming to South Africa??!?

I see you guys updating the game, but we don't have it available and it's been out for ages now!

I mean, I can prob get it via a torrent, or something but I don't wanna do that... so can someone help me out and tell me why we don't have it yet?

I don't want a digital download either, I want the physical DVD etc.

Thanks!

When is this game coming to South Africa??!?

I see you guys updating the game, but we don't have it available and it's been out for ages now!

I mean, I can prob get it via a torrent, or something but I don't wanna do that... so can someone help me out and tell me why we don't have it yet?

I don't want a digital download either, I want the physical DVD etc.

Thanks!

China, why don't you just order it from Amazon.com or something. i know it's a bit expesive at the exchange rate right now. Or, go to your nearest BT games store, and ask them to get it. I'm sure they'll make a plan.

China, why don't you just order it from Amazon.com or something. i know it's a bit expesive at the exchange rate right now. Or, go to your nearest BT games store, and ask them to get it. I'm sure they'll make a plan.

I've gone to a BT games store, they don't have it and I've tried to order from Amazon.com and .co.uk, when I get to the payment and such, it gives me that bloody irrratating story of "it cannot be shipped to your location" and I've tried multiple sellers :(

The only other method is to get the Steam cache from someone else and then buy it over Steam. But then you have to contend with a new set of problems, such as 4GB patch downloads!

The only other method is to get the Steam cache from someone else and then buy it over Steam. But then you have to contend with a new set of problems, such as 4GB patch downloads!

This is a huge problem for me, I have a wireless connection (yeah, it's uncapped) but my max download speed is 100KB/s.

I remember a America's Army 3 patch... took freaking forever!

Suffice to say, I want the physical DVD and such, so I don't have to worry about my PC crashing and losing my Steam thing (I have a bunch of games from there)

Anyways, I'm looking at the 'where to buy' thread and am trying "BestBuy.com" at the moment.

Pathetic that I have to do this... why don't we have this local (in South Africa?) I want someone to answer that!

Don't you have a mate in the UK that can ship you a copy? Cummon, there's loads of us Saffers here.

BestBuy won't accept 4 digit area codes (so I can't continue) ARG!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Don't you have a mate in the UK that can ship you a copy? Cummon, there's loads of us Saffers here.

My GF was in Germany a few months back... but ARMA2 wasn't out then... haha... My EX GF is in UK but I wouldn't ask her for anything.

If I think about it, I don't really know anyone in UK that I actually trust.

Take 2 buddy, took 10 days including weekend for me. They now do all the Amazon stuff now, if you go to take 2, More UK is amazon UK, and ,more us is amazon US. Seems they broke an agreement that all amazon movies, games, music for SA goes through them. Heres a link. http://more.take2.co.za/moreuk-arma-2-pc-dvd-b001qcya2a.html.

Oh S**T! Its gone up when I got it it was 420.

But I must say, 505 have royally fudged this games distribution up. ARMA was smooth as silk and into shops here soon after EU release. Even 1C have done a far better job with DCS:BS, I've seen that line shelves.

Edited by SAbre4809

Then it loks like Steam might be your only option, there. Unless you wanna get back in touch with that ex....

Our Price: R 631

ARE YOU MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Take 2 buddy, took 10 days including weekend for me. They now do all the Amazon stuff now, if you go to take 2, More UK is amazon UK, and ,more us is amazon US. Seems they broke an agreement that all amazon movies, games, music for SA goes through them. Heres a link. http://more.take2.co.za/moreuk-arma-2-pc-dvd-b001qcya2a.html.

But I must say, 505 have royally fudged this games distribution up. ARMA was smooth as silk and into shops here soon after EU release. Even 1C have done a far better job with DCS:BS, I've seen that line shelves.

Fuuuuuuk, 800 bucks for a game! :crazy:That's Bull-sh't! At game (UK version of BT) it's £19. That's what, R260? What's Postage to SA?

Fuuuuuuk, 800 bucks for a game! :crazy:That's Bull-sh't! At game (UK version of BT) it's £19. That's what, R260? What's Postage to SA?

I ordered Arma 2 and World in Conflict Complete edition and the total order was R1200!

R500 for shipping

I cancelled the order!

I've ordered long ago, and it was cheap, now it costs as much as the games!

No way!

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

I'm actually so miserable now (more bummed) that I can't get the game.

So much of me says - get it the 'nawty' way but I refuse too (I used too, but these days I play such little games that when I do find one I like - then I buy it and I d/l'd the demo so I know I want it) but I also refuse to pay 2x the price for a game I should be able to get for (in SA) R300.

gdiza, I'm also in Cape Town, and I'm also on a wireless connection (Wireless Online), so I'm in the exact situation as you are. I got all the steam files from my brother who's got ADSL though and I have already created a nice two DVD setup for Steam with instructions and everything. If you wait a bit for me to get hold of the new cache with the new 1.3 patch, I can do the same thing.

So, I can then give you the 2 DVD's for 2 replacement DVD's and you'll have it on disk, even if your PC crashes.

You looked at more US, more UK is 544, but still I wouldn't pay that. It'll be about 30 for shipping from Take 2.

You can check out the SGS Gaming ARMA forum, the guys there bought a whole lot in bulk or are going to. http://games.saix.net/cgi-bin/sgsbb/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=303;t=64020;st=375 Ask there.

Edited by SAbre4809

gdiza, I'm also in Cape Town, and I'm also on a wireless connection (Wireless Online), so I'm in the exact situation as you are. I got all the steam files from my brother who's got ADSL though and I have already created a nice two DVD setup for Steam with instructions and everything. If you wait a bit for me to get hold of the new cache with the new 1.3 patch, I can do the same thing.

So, I can then give you the 2 DVD's for 2 replacement DVD's and you'll have it on disk, even if your PC crashes.

Please boet, that would be great.

I'll PM you my contact details!

You do know that you can backup all your steam games on disks incase of problems with your computer? Do as Ta.Maximus said.

I have about 35 steam games all backed up on discs incase something happens (:

Hope you get the game soon though buddy as its tosn of fun! I had to wait a few months to get the game in Canada, but it finally arrived today (:

Try looking up CD WOW on google. Thats where I got it from and it was cheaper from there then it would've been to buy it from here.

Steam is fine. I bought it from steam , no issues here. The only annoying thing is that horrible 4gb update download for the patch i hope thats fixed. But apart from that, remember if you buy from steam you ALWAYS have your copy on file to use anywhere in the world to download if you uninstall game. Pretty handy to me.

I hope the game passes trough Portugal first, only then to Africa, "normal gravitational force".