Sign in to follow this  
tobmic

Patch 1.03 problem

Just installed patch 1.03 and now the radio / chat messages are in the middle of the screen i tried chaning resolution and menu size but doesnt work.

Any ideas how i can fix it

Window resolution?

IGUI size?

Window mode used?

tried the things out didnt help.

i also made a fresh windows install and installed arma 2 again with patch 1.03 same problems the chat messages are on the middle of the screen its a little bit anoying ....

Still need help ...

tried the things out didnt help.

i also made a fresh windows install and installed arma 2 again with patch 1.03 same problems the chat messages are on the middle of the screen its a little bit anoying ....

Still need help ...

Screenshot?

71951944.th.jpg

Is it maybe because i play the game on 40" LCD ? before i didnt have the problem only with the new patch 1.03

How to make a spoiler btw ?

Edited by Placebo

hmm... Your image seems stretched (does it do this while playing on the 40" screen?), the aspect ratio and UI size are the only things I know of that do this, but make sure your cfg file isn't read only as well.

Tobmic replaced hotlinked image with thumbnail version as it exceeds the 100kb limit here, please watch your filesizes :)

i have the same issue, when you have alot of enemie reports and people chatting, the whole left said is covered and u can see anything

hmm... Your image seems stretched (does it do this while playing on the 40" screen?), the aspect ratio and UI size are the only things I know of that do this, but make sure your cfg file isn't read only as well.

The cfg file is not read only .. so far i tried changing resolution , menu size and other things

I also tried it on 24" lcd still same problem

Edited by tobmic

Hmmm thats how it's always looked at my end. To bad you didnt have before picture.

Stupid question but, when you tried changing the GUI size, did you restart the game in between?

71951944.th.jpg

Is it maybe because i play the game on 40" LCD ? before i didnt have the problem only with the new patch 1.03

How to make a spoiler btw ?

i have a 37 and 42" lcd i have tried, does not place them there.

what i am playing on now is a 19" CRT (because the large LCD's have a 25-42ms lag time) and when i hit "," and "." to select a channel it is behind the text and i cannot see it. i think the chat is just buggy on some setups. there is a mod on armaholic that changes the placement of the chat area.

i have a 37 and 42" lcd i have tried, does not place them there.

what i am playing on now is a 19" CRT (because the large LCD's have a 25-42ms lag time) and when i hit "," and "." to select a channel it is behind the text and i cannot see it. i think the chat is just buggy on some setups. there is a mod on armaholic that changes the placement of the chat area.

Whats the name of the mod ? maybe have a link ?

i too have same problem on my 22inch the text is too far up the screen since 1.03 and noting i do can change it .....BiS need to solve this issue

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

the mod ur talking about only moves the chat bar..it does not lower the actual text area....

It is strange,when you see video,s of ARMA 2 on Youtube ore from Bis it runs Perfectly,no artifacts ore texture faillure,no stuttering.

Hmmm whats going one how did they do it.

We all have performance trouble whatever the specs are.

The mod talked about is my GUI pack (see signature). I edited the at_gui_chat again for 1.03 now, everything is moved down a bit.

arma22009081122485314.th.jpg

An unsigned test file is here.

I will update the pack tomorrow or during the week, but haven't really tested the other files for 1.03 compatibility yet.