Sign in to follow this  
kozzy420

Your favorite user made campaigns?

Just got the game myself today and Im wondering what everyones favorite user made campaigns are?

I played a few at my friends place, but cant remember the name of them.

Any posts/suggestions on user made missions/campaigns/content would be appreciated!

This game rules! :yay: :bounce3:

Edited by kozzy420

what everyones favorite user made campaigns are?

That is kind of silly question since there is only one at the moment.

I played a few at my friends place

That would be no, dunno what you're talking about but you have not played "few" user made campaigns.

Whats going on, wrong area to post? You mistake missions to campaigns? etc

That would be no, dunno what you're talking about but you have not played "few" user made campaigns.

Yes i meant missinos, my bad on a mistake like that.

What are everyoens favorite missions, campaigns,levels,etc... is what i meant.

Doesnt have to be a full blown campaign with story,etc..

Just meant that, out of all the user made content, what is everyones favorite.

Out of the 3 I have played, I enjoyed Gatekeeper the most. No need to be rude, I jsut joined the site and wasn't aware of the correct words for the differnt user made stuff. I was at my friends and I tried multiple user made things, sorry they where not campaigns, but instead missions, I had no idea.

There are alot of threads in this section that have downloadable stuff that users have made, and thats what I am talking about. Sorry if my lingo was not correct.

Edited by kozzy420

I think he probably means "Single Player missions". No reason to be snide about the semantics.

Ahem.

Here's some of my favorite missions though kozzy:

Operation: Enable Sky - The best user made SP mission out there, IMO. Bar none. Check out his first mission Morning Assault as well. Both of these missions by critanda are excellent.

Behind Enemy Lines by Laggy is also a lot of fun.

Here (link) Is a collection of some old OFP missions converted to ARMA2. "Lone Wolf" is probably my favorite from that mission pack.

Also you can check out MY mission: The Little Bird: Day One (shameless plug) . It requires the Little Bird (AH-6) ADDON to work however. It's a Cat and Mouse style mission where you have to track down a priest travelling in a car from your helicopter.

Almost forgot: Search At War by Imotep is very good too. English isn't his first language, but the mission design is very good, and that's all that really matters ;)

Edited by PhelanKA7

I think he probably means "Single Player missions". No reason to be snide about the semantics.

Ahem.

Here's some of my favorite missions though kozzy:

Operation: Enable Sky - The best user made SP mission out there, IMO. Bar none. Check out his first mission Morning Assault as well. Both of these missions by critanda are excellent.

Behind Enemy Lines by Laggy is also a lot of fun.

Here (link) Is a collection of some old OFP missions converted to ARMA2. "Lone Wolf" is probably my favorite from that mission pack.

Also you can check out MY mission: The Little Bird: Day One (shameless plug) . It requires the Little Bird (AH-6) ADDON to work however. It's a Cat and Mouse style mission where you have to track down a priest travelling in a car from your helicopter.

Almost forgot: Search At War by Imotep is very good too. English isn't his first language, but the mission design is very good, and that's all that really matters ;)

Thank you for the post bud, I will check out all those that you mentioned! (Operation Sky Blue and GateKepper are my two favorite so far. I will try Morning Assault,Lone Wolf and your mission next).

I am just blown away by this game! I feel like I havnt played a game this realistic since Operation Flashpoint or the original Ghost Recon games.

And the editor looks pretty amazing to, although Im not that great at making missions,levels,etc.. just have a good voice for doing voice acting and can make some original instrumentals aswell.

Its nice to see the community working on new missions,etc... its a wonderful thing.

They sure did a fantastic job on this game! And I must have a good long laugh at some of the reviews this game has been getting... this is why i never trust reviews :rolleyes:

Edited by kozzy420

My mission is really good! :p

Its called Puddle Troubles.

Here is the link to D/L:

Puddle Troubles

Thanks for the response! I will download and try your mission :)

And the editor looks pretty amazing to, although Im not that great at making missions,levels,etc.. just have a good voice for doing voice acting and can make some original instrumentals aswell.

The editor is a lot of fun to play around with. The critanda missions I mentioned in my prior post are a great starting point for teaching yourself how triggers/scripting works. Just pop open some PBOs and take a look.

The Lone Wolf mission (from the OFP conversion pack), because of it's simplicity is good as well. The naming conventions the author used aren't in English, so it can be difficult to see what's going on if you don't speak (I think it's in Polish or something *shrug*) the language, but it's still a good one to learn from.

You can also take a look at my mission as well. Even though the mission might seem pretty complicated, I'm just a beginner, and the wizardry is pretty minimal. If you have any questions after looking at it how I did something, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Its nice to see the community working on new missions,etc... its a wonderful thing.

Yep. If it wasn't for the editing forums here, I'd still be lost trying to make my first mission :)

They sure did a fantastic job on this game! And I must have a good long laugh at some of the reviews this game has been getting... this is why i never trust reviews :rolleyes:

I agree. It's not a very bulletproof game in terms of stability by any means, but the scope and open-ended nature of the game sort of entails having lots of bugs after release.

You can either have a very stable game that is just one step above the interactivity of watching a movie. Or you can have a simulator that is riddled with problems and inconsistencies for the early part of it's release. It's difficult to get somewhere in between the two.

And personally I'd much rather have the latter, any day. ;)

Favorite missions...

man... does the Editor count? I rarely play outside of that lol..

Anyway, the only one I've really gone all the way through is Operation Resolute Fury... which I thought was EXCELLENT in terms of making a simple fun flight mission.

I keep telling myself I'm going to play through these other ones I've downloaded, mostly all mentioned above. I will soon. I'm trying to break my addiction to the editor... Now that my 2nd mission is all but done I'll play a few :P

Knowing Dale that's gonna be one kickass mission (downloads)

Favorite missions...

man... does the Editor count? I rarely play outside of that lol..

Anyway, the only one I've really gone all the way through is Operation Resolute Fury... which I thought was EXCELLENT in terms of making a simple fun flight mission.

I keep telling myself I'm going to play through these other ones I've downloaded, mostly all mentioned above. I will soon. I'm trying to break my addiction to the editor... Now that my 2nd mission is all but done I'll play a few :P

I really need to get familiar with the editor :D:D

No need to be rude

Rude? You think that was rude?

I just asked a question and told you the facts, no curse words used or anything, not even evil intend behind it :)

Just was playing this mission called "SWEEP AND STRIKE" today and im really enjoying it!

Thanks alot to UbiquitousUK for making this one! I hadnt heard alot about this mission, but finally got around to playing it today and I had a blast!

Thank you UbiquitousUK and to everyone else who makes these missions,etc... as I am not the greatest at makign my own yet, some of these missions are just fantastic (:

Keep it up mission makers :D

Also does anyone know if UbiquitousUK is working on any new missions? :yay:

Edited by kozzy420

I am also enjoying that TEAM SNIPER mission aswell. I think its from the old Operation Flashpoint or ARMA1? Anyways, its fun and looks beautiful to hehe.