Sign in to follow this  
Windexglow

Love the models in this game, but...

Oh god I was so young go away!

(terrible UVs and excessive polycounts still make it hard for me to play some games, but looking back I shoudln't have made this thead.)

Quit replyin, let it die.

Edited by Windexglow

.... :confused:

this is a war simulator, with focus on military units and the terrain they 'play' in.

who cares about a stretched detail on a fence, ffs?!

1. facepalm

The act of dropping one's face / forehead into one's hand. Usually accompanied by a "thunk" or a cr a cry of "D'oh!"

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

holy shit.. Is this a joke?? or do you have a serious case of ocd

Maybe ocd isnt the right word.. just very very anal

Edited by [Sof]Jacksonfive

Wow, with all the issues in the game relating to gameplay and major technical problems...the thing you decide to get anal over is this!??!?!?!

You spent time scouring the land for screenshots too...wow

Those cosmetics problems aren't a big deal to me considering how large the landscape is they did a really good job with the terrain I have to say.

Wow, with all the issues in the game relating to gameplay and major technical problems...the thing you decide to get anal over is this!??!?!?!

You spent time scouring the land for screenshots too...wow

Those cosmetics problems aren't a big deal to me considering how large the landscape is they did a really good job with the terrain I have to say.

I think I spent 20 minutes on the entire post - pictures included.

And once again, for the most part the game is incredible looking. But of all the things in this game, those bug me the worst. I'm not being that much anal about it ;-)

His name really says it all. 'Windex' is a cleaning material, for those of you that don't know it. This man clearly has some issues. ;)

Abs

lol this thread reminds me of the corpsmen thread, i lol'd so hard at this thread (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=80485&highlight=Corpsmen)

and what Steakslim said,

Same here, I just can't handle this corpsman fiasco. The bugs, the performance issues, all that is just small stuff, but bloody hell, corpsman, I've just had it, I'm going to uninstall now.

...IMO That's 20 minutes too much time spent on this! Yeah windexglow..that name makes perfect sense now.

...IMO That's 20 minutes too much time spent on this! Yeah windexglow..that name makes perfect sense now.

So my name here dictates that I'm stupid? Or can you not make a post here without being flamed by users who feel the need to do so.

-Ziggy-;1391258'].... :confused:

this is a war simulator' date=' with focus on military units and the terrain they 'play' in.

who cares about a stretched detail on a fence, ffs?!

1. facepalm

The act of dropping one's face / forehead into one's hand. Usually accompanied by a "thunk" or a cr a cry of "D'oh!"[/quote']

It just B- fps game

not a war sim

Why you do this to him?

At the end of the day Windex is right

(why you even get high because of his name,

hell my name says I'm a Tacco.)

But this issue is just not major enough to be taken

Seroously

I don't know doc. He's been staring at this corner for hours!

arma22009080403590496.jpg

Edited by Master gamawa
oh come on I just read your nick. Windexglow? Really? :)

windex is totally right. For a game that's being sold at a AAA price point, it sure as hell doesn't look and even play like one (the stupid bugs that's been here since ArmA or OFP and the poor implementation of damn near EVERYTHING in this game). You BIS fanbois need to get a clue. You keep accepting crap, that's what you'll get.

it sure as hell doesn't look and even play like one

It was never marketed as an AAA game - and for the size of their department they did a very good job. But the points I made in my first post is sheer laziness which could be fixed in seconds.

windex is totally right. For a game that's being sold at a AAA price point, it sure as hell doesn't look and even play like one (the stupid bugs that's been here since ArmA or OFP and the poor implementation of damn near EVERYTHING in this game). You BIS fanbois need to get a clue. You keep accepting crap, that's what you'll get.

We might be accepting 'crap', but it's the best 'crap' that can be bought with money. The rest of the gaming industry isn't exactly crowding up to satisfy the customers of this genre.

So my name here dictates that I'm stupid? Or can you not make a post here without being flamed by users who feel the need to do so.

Woah woah stupidy was not the subject matter at all, as you are clearly smart and have attention to detail.

Just saying that you notice these tiny details while your name is windexglow..that's all, easy off buddy :)

If you look at my other posts you can be certain that I am not a "fanboy". But this is just a little over the tip. Granted this game has issues but pointing out every UVing issue in this game doesn't fix the major deal breakers in the game right now

Edited by cjsoques

this holds some water, it may be small, but it is a lot of small things becoming one big problem, i avoid making maps around towns because i drop like 20 fps, its the small stuff that needs to be streamlined to increase performance!

all i can say is that a huge amount of time has been spent into rendering the cosmetic aspect of the game (because of its selling factor) which has been made over the OLD operation flashpoint game engine, which explains why it is so clanky to run even on today's "muscle" pc configuration. (ie +4ghz cpu, 4gb of ram and GTX295 gfx card)

im a big fan of the series, since the earliest Operation Flashpoint game. After playing Arma2, i have noticed a VERY LITTLE true in game-features improvement, besides of the new models, terrain and new character animation (one more time, because they look "beautiful" -which is just a selling factor) nearly no truly "new" or interesting game interaction content -feature wise has been really created or improved. after so many years!

after soo many of years, since the earliest version of operation flashpoint, very little new things has been created ... arma2 for me is just a re badged old operation flashpoint engine with some cosmetic content, the first game's finish was shameful! (read across the game reviews/ critics)

now i see, that 80% of "development" has been put into the pure cosmetical aspect..

shame on you BIS

The OP has a good point about the mailboxes. Too much detail for something so minor. Also I have to agree, being a HUGE fanboy of OFP I have to knock BIS for not really improving the underline quality of images, simply sprucing up the textures a little. If you take ARMA 2 and set everything to low, you basically have OFP. I dont know if thats right?