Sign in to follow this  
kremator

Installed Win7 (XP before) .... first A2 impressions

KENJI THE DEMO IS A SCAM the real version is much laggier and there is no bench mark beware of that

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

But it is worth it

KENJI THE DEMO IS A SCAM the real version is much laggier and there is no bench mark beware of that

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

But it is worth it

lol I wouldn't say scam but I know where you are coming from. The reason why I used those results is that it shows a big improvement between Win7 and Vista. The actual game however didn't see as big a jump and I HAVE to turn terrain detail and object detail down and turn off AA.

Red Razor in built up areas:

Vista64: 10-21fps (inconsistent frame drops)

Win7: 18-25fps (consistent low frames i.e a bit more playable)

(I am not too sure about the exact FPS, I can't remember)

Edited by Kenjineering

i know vista sucks for this game i have a seperate computer(i cant believe a duel core runs better than a quad at arma)im just waiting for a respounce from datter

The demo only has a section of the main game area so it runs better than the main game, so if you're getting low performance in the demo you're likely to get lower in the game, but if you get high performance in the demo then you're likely to get good performance (not outstanding, but good) in the main game.

FFS wizbomb. Install Win7 and try yourself.

I have certainly found an AMAZING difference using Win7. From everything on normal (with artifacts around Chernogorsk) to EVERYTHING on Very High with no (and I mean NO) problems at all.

OK its a 3.6 (im not a computer wizard) but i can play the game at 1280x1024 on high visability and shadows off now problems

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

i guess you not getting me let me copy and past my settings from my computer Genuine intel® CPU 2160 @ 1.80Ghz 1.80Ghz, 2.00 GB of RAM

ok, that would be one of these.... which is a 1.8ghz dual. With only 2gb of ram I would suggest that you be happy you're getting 20fps. You could upgrade to Win7 but I'd suggest you'd want at least 3gb of RAM, and with prices as low as they are these days I'd go ahead and say get at least 4gb. Before that though, I'd look into a faster processor.

well the only place i have problem is big forests (if im at least 80 and above in altitude i have no problems) i am currantly making a mission in chenagorsk and i have no problems there. i just want more fps for forest if possable PLZ give me a link for win7

Edited by wizbomb

Honestly man, you don't sound the sort that should be doing a full OS reinstall on a whim. Maybe someone else will send you a link, but I think I'm staying out of this. Good luck.

so i should not do it?

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

i guess ill just have to go back to cod5 and day of dafeat ):

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

kremator how does it work does it do a full system reinstall (like i loose everything?)cuz id like to have it so i can have better fps

Dude please. Based on your posts here you are the last person on Earth who should under take an OS reinstall of any kind, especially just for the same of some extra FPS in a game. If what you have works, then be happy with that. Given your hardware, you're lucky to be getting the frame rate you're getting. A new OS is not going to help you.

EDIT: That sounded harsh. Having a frustrating day here, sorry.

k think you yea i am very lucky i can play it i have it at 1280x1024 with 3d rez at 1280x1024 shadows off post prossesing low and visavbility at 5024 texture detail normal vedio memory very high objects detail high and im getting around 20-24 fps

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

maby there is some magical componet in my computer i dont know about (i just got it)

If you turn your settings to NORMAL , wizbomb perhaps that will increase your framerate.

k think you yea i am very lucky i can play it i have it at 1280x1024 with 3d rez at 1280x1024 shadows off post prossesing low and visavbility at 5024 texture detail normal vedio memory very high objects detail high and im getting around 20-24 fps
turn Post Processing OFF, ViewDistance to at most 1500 and you should pick up 5 to 10 more frames... And dont let datter keep you from playing with a computer OS install, its only a computer, dont be afraid, you have to learn sometime.

I only have 2gb ram and a dual core 2.0ghz amd and I am on win 7 64bit wizbomb, not sure if you would classify my 8800gt as a kicken graphics card though :p

I only have 2gb ram and a dual core 2.0ghz amd and I am on win 7 64bit wizbomb, not sure if you would classify my 8800gt as a kicken graphics card though :p

i would. A 8800gt is a mid to lowend gfx card for ARMA2 and any differed light game engine. Less than 3.2ghz cpu is mid to low, less than 4gb of ram is mid to low, and i am am sure on a older platform that is mid to lowend... thats my opinion...

The 8800GT is still a great card, two of them get you performance equal to something in the GTX285 range.

givve me a link to download 'win7' nobody is really answering my main question plz give me a link

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

note i have a xp if and when you give me a link plz give me step by step instructions like i said i dont know much about computers!

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

p.s. PLACES I HAV LAG: forest, huge bodeys of water and a little bit o' lag in chernagorsk(the big city):yay::yay::yay::yay:

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

ok i found a link plz give me instructions note i have 32-bit the website name is wondows 7 release candidate(RC) instructions for free download

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

im tired of playing cod world at war lol

p.s. PLACES I HAV LAG: forest, huge bodeys of water and a little bit o' lag in chernagorsk(the big city):yay::yay::yay::yay

I can think of one other place. :)

Downloading 64bit Win 7.

Been running XP since it came out, running a Phenom II 955, Radeon HD 4800 and 2 GB RAM. Gonna buy loads more RAM if this works (wasn't much point with XP).

Are there any major issues that might spring up?

@wizbomb: Google "Windows 7" and find the release candidate download.

Edited by Daniel

Gotta have some patience wizbomb, you can't just demand responses. ;)

oh alright im just frustrated i have been asking the same thing over and over do i need it what does it do!

@Daniel.... no issues mate. Get it in there and enjoy !

@wizbomb ... YES you will be changing XP to Windows7. Google it and download the RC7100. Then burn it onto a DVDROM (you know this is gonna come back and bite me !)

BACKUP ALL YOUR IMPORTANT FILES.

Then MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKED UP ALL YOUR IMPORTANT FILES !

Install over XP.

Enjoy.

@wizbomb AGAIN.... if you keep posting every few minutes demanding responses we are gonna get really sick and tired of you. As Daniel has said...... patience !