Sign in to follow this  
alpha9

Mando Missiles Help if possible

i start the game after putting the pbos files in Arma 2 saperate mod folder version 2.3 when i start the game i receive a message say Mando missilies 1.8 required, and i cant have anything working in game, can someone explain me

this is in config.cpp of mando missile 2.31:

class CfgPatches
{
class Mando_Missile_Addon
{
	units[] ={Logic_X};
	weapons[] ={};
	requiredAddons[] = {};
	requiredVersion  = 1.08;
	version          = 2.31;
};
};

And means the minimum required version of ArmA1 to handle the addon. Probably this has changed with ArmA2. You might try to remove the requiredVersion = 1.08; line, pack the pbo and try again.

I've just intalled A2 few hours ago and I've not run any mma tests yet. More than probably the suite will require modifications here and there.

Perhaps Mandoble will be coming back to sort this ;)

Wow, you have a gift, now can you say "Perhaps BIS will release the Linux binaries soon"!

Mandoble, its not easy to use the stuff in missions i dont know how to use them i followed the installation as Addon but i cant find any gamelogic for missiles, i use the SSH Los Angeles sub with your mod it works fine, but all i got is harpoon, i want tomhawk or manual guided missiles can u give me a simple info to go with

Am using on ARMA 2

Edited by Alpha9

You may start with the online help (in case you missed it). And check also the original threads which contain more info and examples:

- OFPEC MMA main thread

- BIS MMA thread

- Scars navy, with some examples you might want to check.

- Desert Phoenix Naval Missile Pack, an outstanding pack of missiles you may use directly controlled by MMA systems (done for ArmA1, so not sure if they'll be fully compatible with ArmA2).

If you have ArmA1, check the setups (init.sqf) of mando_naval.Sara and mando_naval_2.Sara demo missions included into MMA 2.3 original pack. mando_naval.Sara includes the setup to provide the following player controlled systems to small RHIBs ships:

TLAM launcher (Tomakawk)

Left and right Harpoon launchers

Standard SAM launcher

// MCC 6 TLAM controlled by player as driver (missile idx 0)
_mcctypeaascript = "mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types\mando_missilecontrolon_tlam.sqs";
[["RHIB"], 6, 6, [], "TLAM Console", _mcctypeaascript, [0,-2,1], [0,1,1], 0, -1, 0, [0,0.5,0,1], 6]execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf";

// MCC 2 Harpoons right launcher controlled by player as driver (missile idx 1)
_mcctypeaascript = "mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types\mando_missilecontrolon_harpoon.sqs";
[["RHIB"], 2, 2, ["Vehicles"], "HARPOON Right", _mcctypeaascript, [2,0,0], [0,1,1], 0, 90, 1, [0,0,0.5,1], 6, 25]execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf";

// MCC 2 left launcher controlled by player as driver (missile idx 2)
_mcctypeaascript = "mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types\mando_missilecontrolon_harpoon.sqs";
[["RHIB"], 2, 2, ["Vehicles"], "HARPOON Left", _mcctypeaascript, [-2,0,0], [0,1,1], 0, 270, 2, [0,0,0.5,1], 6, 25]execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf";

// 36 Standard controlled by players as drivers (missile idx 3)
_mcctypeaascript = "mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types\mando_missilecontrolon_patriot.sqs";
[["RHIB"], 36, 36, ["Air"], "Standard Console", _mcctypeaascript, [0,-2,1], [0,1,1], 0, -1, 3, [1,0,0,1], 3, 85]execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf";

so do all the Mando scripts work with Arma 2 as long as you change the unit names etc?

I think there are serialisation problems and local variable problems. I've encountered that anyway.

But now that the great man is back ... who knows when if he'll release an A2 version :)

great to see you onboard with this mando. As your scripts where one of the definitive things for arma1. with the much larger area in arma2 and the broader range of launchers. A mando missiles 2 would be a great asset to enrich arma2 gameplay,

regards./

Yes nice to see Mando with an install of A2.

Cant wait to see your script packs ported over. They Realy are a must have .. especially the UAV script (that will crap all over BIS stock).

Infact id love to see an addon for A2 just with the uav fuction using FLIR.

Yeah Mando Bombs Reconnaisance aircraft WITH FLIR will be the dog's danglies !!!

And can you imagine the FEAR that the Tunguska will reap with Mando Missiles !

Any idea on how long this will take ? ^^ Its getting really annoying not having Chaff & Flares to counter these Tung missiles :p

In two weeks I'll be back from vacation, the we'll see how complex the porting is. If any of you have time, try a very simple missile launch example using the script suite instead of the addon version. I would be really dissapointed and frustrated with ArmA2 if porting become more complex than expected (one or two working days as maximum).

I have tried the Mando Laser mission and with the exception of a serialization error (and chaning the missile warhead to javelin) it runs fine. The launcher can be activated, the target acquired and the missile hits (although a little high impact)

So it shouldnt require a LOT of work - fingers crossed !

Thanks for the input Kremator (while I have no idea about the concept of "serialization" errors).

The most representative test that actually can be run would a basic SAM launcher vs a maneouvering flying target. Probably the warheads must be modified, that would be quite easy to fix, but at least missile guidance should work fine. If not, then do not expect any easy conversion.

It works, I have tried GNATs submarines as they use Mando missile scripts for the torpedoes and they work well.

There are some problems with the FXs, because you have referenced effects in some places that are no present in Arma 2, only in arma 1.

Thanks for the input Mankyle, but the torpedo example is not quite representative as it moves little in the Z axis and never over terrain elevations. Also as far as I remember it uses direct aproach mode instead of interception mode. Again what would tell us wether it works well or not would be an air interception against a fast maneouvering jet, even better if the plane moves at high alt over ground (not sea).

OK. I have tested Mando Missle Lab with A2. After changing the classes, I can't get it to hit any targets. The missile veres off to the right and flies until the fuel runs out.

I get some dialog errors during the start and I'm not sure if this is causing it !

Well, dialog problems might pretty well result into wrong parameters and so faulty execution of the script. The best (and most raw) way to conduct that test would be with a direct execution of mando_missile.sqf passing all the parameters (which might be also copied from bottom line of the lab window, and then apply corrections if required)

Note also that current mando missile lab Arma1 mission relies on the existance of some named firing units as well as named markers.

Anyway thanks for your experiment Kremator.

Yeah I changed all the named firing units.

Will test now. Will keep going .... REALLY keen to help out so that we can get your brilliant missiles and bombs into A2 :) (especially FLIR on the RC :) )

Thanks Kremator, if you want to keep trying with the lab mission, check the scripts that spawn the targets. If for some reason (wrong classes or missing markers) the targets are not created properly, then the missile will try to pursue an objNull target, which always has 0,0,0 as position. And this might explain why the missile turns right and then keep going straight all the time (aiming just at the SW corner of the island).

Just having problems getting the aircraft to fly .... they spawn but crash instantly. I have set the correct crew members however. Strange.

I can hit (with a bit of tweaking) buildings :) Working on solving the spawn problems now :)

Well, I'm stumped. Obviously my scritping skills are rubbish.

Cant get the vehicles to spawn with crew.

Anyone able to have a look at the mando missile lab and see if they can sort it ?