Sign in to follow this  
tankkiller01

Multiplayer Fps still capped

Dont know why but i have tried absolutly everything on these forums but my multiplayer FPS is still capped at 33FPS!!

It wont go any higher even if i look in the air . SP is ok though and i get about 60FPS in editor ,anyone know why..

Specs are .....

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.1Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 674MHz. shader 1535MHz. mem 1247MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

4 GB Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

Windows Vista 64bit

Latest Nvidia forceware, tried others too..

Dont know why but i have tried absolutly everything on these forums but my multiplayer FPS is still capped at 33FPS!!

It wont go any higher even if i look in the air . SP is ok though and i get about 60FPS in editor ,anyone know why..

Specs are .....

Asus P5N-D 750i

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

Windows Vista 64bit

Latest Nvidia forceware, tried others too..

It probably takes up more resources to be connected to an MP game. I remember games in the past stating that the multiplayer experience wouldn't be as good as in SP.

Many of the settings are set based on the server (IE; view distance, terrain detail, etc), best thing you can try is to lower the resolution and see if it runs any better, also test several different servers to see if one runs better than the others (if they have AI enabled on a server it tends to slow you down)

Pardon my boldness but the best idea is to quit counting those dadblasted frames every single cotton pickin' second like your life depended on it.

If you hear nothing else please hear this--->"The very act of measuring frames slows them down. Turn OFF your frame counters and go enjoy the game." Unless you are seeing a slide show type slicker quit looking for something that will only make you crazy and lower the quality of your experience.

Out

Edited by Akilez
If it wasn't for typos my life would be damn near perfect

My FPS is capped at 33 as well. Has been on 3 builds that I have used on this game.

I can run the game full out now. Highest settings, 1680 x 1050 and I get a rock solid 33 fps that never moves. The game runs phenomenal so I'm not too pissed about it, I would just like to know how many frames I can get for my own knowledge.

I've tried everything I know and I can't figure out what the hell is capping it.

My squadmate is running a similar system and we went over every setting and matching them up and his is uncapped while mine is capped at 33.

Very strange.

Hi Folks,

Interestingly, I have the same problem as you guys. My framerate (from FRAPS) caps at 29. In cases of heavy graphics use it might dip a bit, but it never goes over 29. I tried fiddling around with the nvidia settings but can't seem to break this.

Everything looks nice but a little choppy during movement. I hope we find a solution.

My system specs are:

Core i7 - 3.33 Ghz

6 Gbyte memory

2x 8800GTS 512 SLI

Vista x64

You should be happy with 33fps , this isn't a twitch shooter.

Same here. Capped at 60 in SP, 30 in MP.

AMD 7850 @ 3.0 ghz

4 gigs kingston hyperX ram

ATI 4850 512 mb

Windows 7 64 bit

Yeah lots of people are having the same problems, hopefully they patch it out or something. An interesting thing though, last night i was on domination and it was capped at 33fps, then went on to a pvp bazerk map with around 55 players on and it was not capped and was getting nice fps of 35 to 55 fps, WIERD.

So maybee it server dependant.

Also you are right Nazul it is a more slow paced simulator than a call of duty type ..

Asus P5N-D 750i

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

Windows Vista 64bit

I'd suggest giving Windows 7 RC 7100 (or the RTM) a try if you are indeed using Vista. I had the same issues as well as a few others when using Vista, where I couldn't crack that 33fps in MP regardless of any change in settings or resolution. Now I get a rather comfortable 40fps average except when I'm in the larger towns. I imagine if turn a setting or two down that it'd improve, but I'm happy with the current results. You should have something similar if not better since my card is a 9800gtx and i'm still on a Q6600, and neither are even OC'd at the moment.

Can't guarantee it'll work, but it seems anything is better than Vista when running ArmA2.

You should be happy with 33fps , this isn't a twitch shooter.

Agreed, but there is a downside to such low fps that translates into sluggish mouse movement. It's not that i want twitch-like shooting, but i do want mouse movement to be fair. Not 'underwater movement'.

Edited by zeep

If you hear nothing else please hear this--->"The very act of measuring frames slows them down. Turn OFF your frame counters and go enjoy the game."

LOL, you're not trying to tell us, that fps-counting will redruce the frame rate by an noticable amount?!? I never noticed any difference in any game. If it has any impact, it is negligible. Actually I turned fps-counting on, because I wasn't satisfied with the frame rate and ArmA2 for sure doesn't run any faster, when fps-counting is turned off. Turning on the fps-counting only confirmed my impression...

Joe

Pardon my boldness but the best idea is to quit counting those dadblasted frames every single cotton pickin' second like your life depended on it.

Pardon my boldness but the best idea is to quit answering post if you are not going to help. The guy has a problem and he wants people's help. I also get my fps capped and there isn't anything in these forums that has fixed it for me. The game is very choppy for me in multiplayer, I get between 14 - 30 fps and it's for this reason the game is sitting on a shelf gathering dust.

Edited by Jackdaniels

I've never seen this issue...I usually only get ~30fps anyways; but it goes from 25-60 during multiplay. I only play coop on one server, so it could be several different things like a server, game-mode, or windows setting?

Often the servers are the issue, they will cap your frames by their performance I think. Also many missions set the object detail and landscape-detail for you. So of course your fps won't change if you change settings because the mission settings are used.

I'am annoyed, too of some missions. Like Berzerk, I can play at the same spot with 85fps with landsacpe detail low (means there is grass) and object detail very low (doesnt look bad but gives lot of fps) and the rest very high,VD 3800.

But the mission sets my landscape to normal/high and raises object detail that my fps drop to 35-60 maximum.

I too have capped Fps. 60 on the island, 29 at campaign, and 31 in multiplayer.

Something to do with the game. Doesnt matter were I am on the map.

Not that big a deal because I run everything at max.

I'm going to turn on AA and see if it drops.

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Weird, same fps with 2x AA.

Capped 60 is because of Vertical Syncronisation and that is alright, because human eye won't notice fps higher then that.

Ok this is weird. THe fps drop to 25 in campaign so I turned AA back off. Now I have 54 fps in the woods. I'm at the Napa base on the Delaying the bear mission.

Weird.

"Capped 60 is because of Vertical Syncronisation and that is alright, because human eye won't notice fps higher then that."

That is a lamer excuse for capping. I guess we should all just go back to the Dark Ages of gaming? Peeps PAY for the right of having the hardware to PUSH way past 60 fps. And higher fps is actually better for you physically.

Your eye muscles get easilly fatigued by anything 60 hz and below. Ask anyone who has worked behind a monitor for years at 60 hz, and then changed to 75 or higher. Gaming is smoother, and your eyesight is way way less compromised.

I notice smoother gameplay at 75 hz and higher, and I FEEL that smoother gameplay. I got a Samsung 2233RZ JUST so I can play this game at 120 hz @ 1680x1050. hehhhehhe

Once BIS starts bring out the performance fixes along with the bug fixes, many will be seeing better performance alround.

I can get to the vert-sync max of 60 in multiplayer, except if I get 60 the screen flashes so I need to force my game to run badly, ironic? :)

Ok this is weird. THe fps drop to 25 in campaign so I turned AA back off. Now I have 54 fps in the woods. I'm at the Napa base on the Delaying the bear mission.

Weird.

How is that weird? Why wouldn't turning AA off increase performance...