Sign in to follow this  
Horrace

Alt-f4 . . . :(

Anyone else been looking around with ALT and then tried to select squad member 4? lol. Not good :( Probably done that about 5 times now...

Lol yes I have done that soo many times :(

I remember one day I must have done it like 4-5 times during a 2 hour period, by the 3rd time I was getting rather pissed off :D

Been on this series since the start and NEVER done that.

I got look around on my mouse. thumb button. But even before when i did have it like you do i never did that lol. I got an old MX518 mouse wich is HID and no mouse lag and 2 thumb buttons for look around and push to talk for TS or VOIP.

Get a new mouse now! :)

EDIT: Or TIR ofcourse...

Alex

What I hate is holding alt to look around in an aircraft and pressing tab to target something. Makes me alt tab out of the game, the only way is to double-tap alt so you can free look.

Same as randir, I always alt+tab the f*ck out of the game.

But my stupid friend managed to alt + F4 in the middle of a CTI while he was hosting.

Doh! I have got a decent mouse with side buttons. You're right I could just assign look to one of those... :)

What I hate is holding alt to look around in an aircraft and pressing tab to target something. Makes me alt tab out of the game, the only way is to double-tap alt so you can free look.

I do this all the time.

yeah! some kind of confirmation or something would be nice I guess. not sure how, or if it would be more of a problem than a benefit, though.

maybe if you had to be in the menu first? ie ESC -> alt+f4 / alt+tab ?

I know modding/mission designing would be a little more tedious but...

Alternatively could try set up the look key for the Windows key and 2x Windows key for toggle (if you have a keyboard with windows keys that is). might not be as brilliant I grant you.

this is why I change my binds when I get a game.

It seems this solution is beyond the capabilities of most people :p

Wow, I never even thought about it and don't know why I haven't accidently alt-f4'd yet, heck, I windows key all the time.

TrackIR to the rescue!

So true, I had this same issue and I got my track IR on Thursday and now its not an issue anymore...

Would be nice if BIS let us re-bind the F4 key to something else, easiest solution that still lets you alt-F4 out of the game when you want. Heck they should let us bind ALL keys to whatever we want (and yes there's already a thread I made for it).

Then again, since so many people seem to like keeping default key settings (which are really bad IMO), the default shouldn't include actions that could make you want to hold down alt and press F4 at the same time, or other similar stuff.

I remember in Diablo 2 (where you practically hold down alt the entire time and can't re-bind it, and can set F-keys for spells) I had this happen several time when swapping to my F4 spell. After 2-3 times I changed it so F4 doesn't have any spell so I never need to use it...

I've done Alt+TAB a lot of times when flying with a combat plane/chopper, but finally I've learned the lesson. :D

this is why I change my binds when I get a game.
Thats what key mapping is for.
I got look around on my mouse. thumb button.

See people^

Ever wondered what the control options in the game is for? Just use it and no need for a thread telling people you havent found the "OPTIONS" button in the game yet. :D

Alex

TrackIR to the rescue!

Absolutly. Best money i ever spent on my PC was trackir. Well worth the money if your considering getting it. Funny considering i didnt even buy it for arma II , or regular arma.. I first got it for falcon 4.0..

never had an issue with doing that until ARMA 2 lol, only done it once though, then learnt my lesson :)