Sign in to follow this  
Heigou

Blinding sky/lightning problem.

that looks like a 8gb issue, but for sure a wacky driver issue.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

your drivers are old and the game is better with the 9.7, 8.632 Ati drivers will work, you just will loose the whole reason your game is borked; some ASUS OCing utility wizard carp app ect.

I only have 4 gb of ram + I tried to reinstall my drivers and using the latest 9.7.

I only have 4 gb of ram + I tried to reinstall my drivers and using the latest 9.7.

You sound very impatient, best you forget the game and come back and try again in 6 months when a few patches have been released and you are bored.

Either that or learn some manners. :mad:

Well, I payed for my game, I shouldn't have to wait 6 months to play a game I payed for unless it's on pre order, beside could you just leave if you have nothing helpful to say?

beside could you just leave if you have nothing helpful to say?

Again with the attitude, different approach may get you more responses thus more help.

Have you searched the forums? I think after months of reading here this is a rare occurance which kind of indicates something weird with your setup, drivers or direct x or something specific to you. Have you tried the -winxp and -maxmem settings? have helped some, worth a try.

Now I have seen this isse when playing with the editor, accidentally placed a player in a bush and when I went to play the bush was so bright I was near blinded but it did reajust after about 5-10 seconds. This is the only time I have seen it.

I suggest you spend more time on your system specifically looking at software. Uninstall drivers, clean them out in fact and reinstall etc etc. Unless someone miraculously comes up with an answer.

Edited by Dogtags

Well, I tried everything that I could including checking my settings and reinstalling my drivers and it still happens.

Unless someone miraculously comes up with an answer.

$50 says this "miraculous" answer is either a fix in a patch or new drivers. I'm having the same issues on a pristine OS install...

I only have this problem if I alt+tab to desktop from in game. Did you install ati tray tools? If you did Try setting the a.i. catalyst to high and turn vysnc off and turn flip queue to 3 or lower.

GDT HDR and GDT sun.

but I don't want to have to download mods to get my goddamn game working, that's not how it should be.

He seems reluctant to try those mods Kju ?

I suggested it on page 1.

I understand what you are saying Heigou that you shouldnt have to use mods but it could fix your problem in a minute or two.

I tried the mods you mentionned and it still didn't fix.

Did you really use them or just installed them?At least gdtmodhdr in arma(1) has to be activated using keys.Did you read the readme?

yes I used them, it didn't fix my crazy sky.