Sign in to follow this  
Feros

Nvidia Cards- Disabling Physx really works!

Hello all, just a heads up- I disabled Physx as stated above for my 8800GT and it did wonders- now I almost have everything on max and getting great fps.

Hello all, just a heads up- I disabled Physx as stated above for my 8800GT and it did wonders- now I almost have everything on max and getting great fps.

Makes no difference whatsoever when I have it enabled or disabled.

Disabled ingame or in OS?

Disabled ingame or in OS?
you can turn off physx in game? or do you mean, while the game is on, go into your Nvidia CP and turn it off?

you can turn off physx in game? or do you mean, while the game is on, go into your Nvidia CP and turn it off?

Well, I don't know, I'm just asking :) I don't know whether the OP turned off PhysX in the OS, or whether he used an ingame option (I cannot recall noticing one) or whether he disabled it in a config file.

Go to your Nvidia Control Panel and disable from there. There is a detailed instruction on the sticky above. I'm sure future patches will fix all these simple problems. This fixed alot my problems, like lag and increased performance quite a bit.

Edited by Feros

Good for you, in my case - like ICE-Raver, no difference at all.

not sure but he may have the whole nvidia Physx installed with the systemtray dodad, and you guys do not have the full package? and cant really stop it..., then there is the driver version/physx version?

Hmm I highly doubt it will make a difference but I will try later.

This isn't a proper fix though since other games require physx to be enabled and I do like to play another game once and a while.

Thx for the info, I will try it on my 8800GT.

I played GRAW (top game btw) with Physx on my 8800GT and had no issues.

And I just tried and came to the conclusion Physx enabled performs better on my rig. Tested at the same spot multiple times and waited long enough for FPS to stay steady.

Physx Disabled

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8274/physxdisabled.png

Physx Enabled

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3262/physxenabled.png

So there you go m8. This shows that every system behaves differently.

I only reinstalled GRAW2 the other night (I got it free with my 8800GT and didnt play it that often) and after lots of searching for fixes to my crash it became apparant that 1.5 patch buggers it up.

I've never had physX enabled, 8800GT having phsX is a joke.

PhysX is a joke full stop.

had a look but i've lost the physx option in my driver... it was enabled, now it's gone :)

I think whats going on here is that for older cards like the 8800 series, PhysX took some processing power away from the GPU, slowing performance on those rigs. But on newer cards like the GTX285, the game does not tax the card fully, as were all pretty convinced its CPU-limited. Therefore the card has plenty of processing power to run PhysX without any sort of difference in performance.

Bottom line,

Old Card = Turn PhysX Off

New card = Leave it On

I got 8800 GTS 320Mb and got no difference whether its enabled or disabled.

8800GTS 320mb here too - also no effect whatsoever by turning PhysX off or on.....

B

Didn't do anything for me. GTX285. I still have this.

I'm getting that same error, except it kills my game client within seconds of that effect starting.

Didn't do anything for me. GTX285. I still have this.

That is a driver issue. I've had that happen on different games in the past.

Remove and re-install updated drivers and see what happens.

I also had that issue when trying to force DX9 on bioshock when it first came out.

You can also get that if you go to high on an overclock. Is your gpu stock speeds or did you tweak it?

Edited by ICE-Raver

ICE you're right. The new 190.38 drivers fixed it. Frapsing a new video now.