Sign in to follow this  
fer

F2 Mission Development Framework (BAS f for ArmA 2)

F2_logo_135x135.gif

New Release: v2-1-3

About the new release

From the ReadMe.txt file:

2-1-3 | 25 NOV 2009

Updated Norrin's Revive Respawn to version 0.3g.

Updated manual: Various changes (EN and RU versions).

About F2

The F2 Mission Development Framework (F2) is the successor to the popular BAS f mission development framework for ArmA (discussed in this thread). The new framework contains many of the features you know from BAS f, updated to work with ArmA 2, plus some new components which take advantage of the new game's special features.

For downloads and to find out more please see our online manual:

Huge thanks to all team members and contributors to F2 (and BAS f), as well as the testers from Shack Tactical.

Hi Fer,

Is the F2 framework compatible with Unit addons ?

I'm trying to develop a mission with some SASR (ardsasr) units that I've downloaded.

In DEBUG mode I can see:

BLUFOR (Sixpak): "Dedug (Briefing.sqf): Player Faction: ardsasr."

BLUFOR (Sixpak): "Dedug (Briefing.sqf): Faction ardsasr is not defined."

Any Idea how/where I can define ardsasr as a Faction within the F2 framework.

Thanks,

Sixpack

In DEBUG mode I can see:

BLUFOR (Sixpak): "Dedug (Briefing.sqf): Player Faction: ardsasr."

BLUFOR (Sixpak): "Dedug (Briefing.sqf): Faction ardsasr is not defined."

Any Idea how/where I can define ardsasr as a Faction within the F2 framework

Sixpack, the issue you've encoutered is that the briefing is always built using two files:

1. briefing.sqf

2. f\common\f_briefing_XXXX.sqf

In the first, briefing.sqf, the script detects the player's faction and then loads the appropriate second file, e.g. f\common\f_briefing_usmc.sqf, which contains the code and content required to build the briefing. By default briefing.sqf is set up to detect all the default ArmA2 factions, and there is a corresponding f\common\f_briefing_XXXX.sqf file for each default faction.

Adding support for a new faction is easy if you know the name of the new faction. Let's assume your faction is called "ardsasr" (I'm not certain this is its classname, but you can try). Then do this:

1. Append this code after line #143 in briefing.sqf:

// ====================================================================================

// BRIEFING: CUSTOM

if (_unitfaction == "ardsasr") exitwith {

#include "f\common\f_briefing_ardsasr.sqf"

// DEBUG
if (f_var_debugMode == 1) then
{
player sideChat format ["DEBUG (briefing.sqf): Briefing for %1 slot selected.",_unitfaction];
};
};

2. Copy the file f\common\f_briefing_usmc.sqf and rename it to f\common\f_briefing_ardsasr.sqf

3. Edit the file f\common\f_briefing_ardsasr.sqf as per the instructions for briefings in the F2 online manual: http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/index.php?title=Briefing_File_Template

Hope that helps.

Will F2 ever change the briefing to become "teamswitch-compatible"? As in, create it for all units on a side so that when you switch (either via group or side respawn) you still have the briefing visible?

Sixpack, the issue you've encoutered is that the briefing is always built using two files:

1. briefing.sqf

2. f\common\f_briefing_XXXX.sqf

Thanks Fer.

I'd made the f\common\f_briefing_ardsasr.sqf the other night but didn't think to look in briefing.sqf for the calling of it. :o

All fixed and working.

Thanks again for help Fer.

Will F2 ever change the briefing to become "teamswitch-compatible"? As in, create it for all units on a side so that when you switch (either via group or side respawn) you still have the briefing visible?

Any chance of a small test mission which demonstrates the issue?

Any chance of a small test mission which demonstrates the issue?

Tasks are local and unit specific, not player specific. So, if you use (like most people do):

player createsimpletask blabla;

The task will be created on that machine only for the unit that player points to.

If you switch to another unit, the task disappears, because it was created to the previous unit. So, what gal means is that it would be preferred if it was created for each unit. Basic idea:

{

_x createsimpletask blabla;

} foreach playableunits (or allunits, however you like to do them);

Yes, exactly, you have to create all notes and tasks for all units on every machine, as they're both local and unit-specific. Any mission where group or side respawn is used will demonstrate the issue.

Hi Fer,

Am I right in believing that the standard re-spawn script does not re-spawn you back at base with your existing weapon load-outs?

If yes to above, then I have used the Revive/Re-spawn script and set it to no revive's. This is working ok and re-spawns me at base with weapon load-outs.

The problem I have is that I would like to use the AI skill selector and when I turn this function on the revive script does not work, instead when I select the no-revive option the game loads up and a hint tells me I have 2 lives.

Has anybody experienced this problem and does anyone have a solution???

Thanks

Cool Breeze

I had the same problem with 2 lives remaining, the only way I could get it to work was to ensure 'Mission Conditions Selector' was enabled while disabling 'AI Skill Selector'. No idea why though I'm afraid :(

hi,

+1 Pac UK, same problem here.

could partially resolve it with pacUK, but it doesnt matter how many lifes i set. now mission always starts with 10 lifes whatever i've selected before. (nothing edited within the revive script folders)

btw thx @ norrin for your quick reply about the "magic" healing hard coded thing.

update:

after i managed to solve the respawn amount problem i'm stuck at a new problem.

the @shack assign gear thing. first question is a basic understanding one, the 2nd about how to modify it.

1.) i put the @shack assign gear.sqf in the units init.

this works so far. but what happens if the unit respawns? does it have the same loadout like at the beginning of the mission (with full loadout, full mags etc) or is the equipment reduced to what is left from the initial equipment? (eg. i used my only smoke in first life, will i have the smoke back after respawn?)

2.) changing the loadout

i managed to replace the weapons by simly changing _rifle/_riflegl/_mg/mediummg/_at etc.

this works fine so far, but the loadout itself is a mess.

for example: i want to give my lmg gunner another lmg, more ammo, less smoke and maybee something else like a timebomb.

problem: if i do not change anything in the loadout and only change the _mg variable the lmg gunner only has 2 mags and nothing else.

so i asume i'm stuck with the class loadout definition. (_unit addmagazine foreach [1,2,3,....]

because apparently i make a mistake at the foreach section.

as soon i change anything there, the loadout wont load at all.

could someone clarify how to change the loadout of a class?

cya

docmabuse

Edited by docmabuse
update

F2_logo_135x135.gif

New Release: v2-2-0 (inc. F2A2 for ACE2)

About the new release

2-2-0 | 07 DEC 2009

Added F2A2 ShackTactical Platoons for ACE2.

Added F2A2 ShackTactical Group IDs for ACE2.

Added F2A2 ShackTactical Group Markers for ACE2.

Added F2A2 ShackTactical Assign Gear Script for ACE2.

About F2

The F2 Mission Development Framework (F2) is the successor to the popular BAS f mission development framework for ArmA (discussed in this thread). The new framework contains many of the features you know from BAS f, updated to work with ArmA 2, plus some new components which take advantage of the new game's special features.

Huge thanks to all team members and contributors to F2 (and BAS f), as well as the testers from Shack Tactical.

Ace Fix for COIN Module.

If you play missions using the F-2 Template and use the Construction Interface you ACE keys wont work. To fix this what you must do is go into the F2 Folder / Common / F_COINpresents.sqf

Then go to this line:

(findDisplay 46) displaySetEventHandler ["KeyDown", "_this call F_keyPressed"];

Change it to

(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["KeyDown", "_this call F_keyPressed"];

Fer good work on the re-release, a quick question for you. I have used the previous version for an ACE mission and all the JIP's were not getting the notes, tasks etc, has this been resolved with the ACE2 version of F2?

F2_logo_135x135.gif

New Release: v2-2-1 (inc. F2A2 for ACE2)

About the new release

2-2-1 | 21 DEC 2009

Changed Mission Maker Teleport to an optional component.

Fixed seagull bug in spectator script (eliminates instant seagulls over dead bodies).

About F2

Fer good work on the re-release, a quick question for you. I have used the previous version for an ACE mission and all the JIP's were not getting the notes, tasks etc, has this been resolved with the ACE2 version of F2?

I'm afraid there are no JIP-specific changes in the newest version. I'll be honest and state that JIP/Respawn is not an area I have much expertise in, nor time to focus on. So whilst I try to support these mission aspects as much as possible, I'm aware that things could be better. If someone from the (largely silent) F2 user community would like to step up and help with that situation, please get in touch via PM.

OK ta, I'll see if I can come up with something by picking a few brains...

OK the problem is actually bigger than I thought.

In addition to the tasks and notes not appearing to JIP players, there seem to be a couple of other issues:

If you use the AuthorisedCrewType script on a vehicle that respawns, Helicopter for example, the requirement for that crew type seems to disappear? I.e. anyone can get into the helo and fly it.

Also I have noticed that players that respawn, also seem to revert back to the original state from the editor, i.e. if you have removed their NVG's at game start, when they respawn that command does not respawn with the player and so they have NVG's in their inventory.

I am trying to work out if these are F2 issues, or general ArmA2 issues and it is not easy to tell.

F2_logo_135x135.gif

New Release: v2-2-2 (inc. F2A2 for ACE2)

About the new release

2-2-2 | 27 DEC 2009

Partial fix for disabled keys bug in spectator script and v1.05.

Promoted briefings and markers in the running order of init.sqf (inc. F2A2 version).

About F2

Is anyone else encountering a thin horizontal white line positioned about 1/3 up the screen from the bottom when using the spectator script? This line persists when hitting tab to clear the GUI and appears in screenshots as well.

Is anyone else encountering a thin horizontal white line positioned about 1/3 up the screen from the bottom when using the spectator script? This line persists when hitting tab to clear the GUI and appears in screenshots as well.

This has been fixed by one of our F2 devs. I am sure it will make its way into one of our future releases.

F2_logo_135x135.gif

New Release: v2-2-3 (inc. F2A2 for ACE2 and Norrin's)

About the new release

2-2-3 | 07 JAN 2010

Fix for disabled keys bug in spectator script and v1.05.

Updated F2A2 ShackTactical Assign Gear Script for ACE2 (increased medical supplies, added SMAW spotting rounds).

About F2

Hi masters, how I use SOM module with F2?

My Old script fails after F2 upgrade here.... :(

Hi masters, how I use SOM module with F2?

My Old script fails after F2 upgrade here.... :(

I'm afraid you'll need to provide more detail than that. For example, what do you mean when you say 'F2 upgrade' - from which version to which version (or have you applied F2 to a mission created without it)? Also, what script is broken and why do you believe it to be broken? In theory there isn't anything in F2 that should prevent you from using the SecOps module, but need more data to help.