Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

3 guns for the resistance

OK, since I badly neglected Soviet weapons in the Which gun for next ultimate upgrade topic, here are 3 suggestions for some good old-fashioned Soviet made weapons, possibly for the resistance:

PPSh-41 SMG

ppsh41.jpg

SKS Rifle

sks.jpg

RPD Light Machine Gun

Rpd-640.jpg

So what do you budding mod-makers think, or maybe they could be incorporated in the Resistnace addon...any other suggestions?

I would think these weapons as well would be just as good and or more common. All of these weapons were out more than 20 years before the campaign.

RPK-74 5.45x39mm

rpk-74.jpg

RPK-54 7.62*39mm

1401.jpg

The SVT-40 (Made in the 1930s in Russai) 7.62*54R

svt40.jpg

PKS Heavy Machine Gun

156.jpg

the SKS is chinese, not soviet. and, contrary to popular beliefe (ok, not many people think it, but some do), China was not part of the Soviet Union. in fact they hated each other (the only reason they didnt kill each other was because of commercial reasons, and fear of the UN)

I think the FN FAL and FN MAG would be better as they are nearly as wide spread as the AKs.

Well the FAL is the most widespread rifle, in terms of armies that use them for their standard infantry rifle, but in terms of numbers the AKs are far more common, and a hell of a lot cheaper!

eh remraf: You lie! You say all those guns were produced at least 20 years before the campaign, well that is wrong. The RPK-74 started production in 1977 (based on AK-74 design - 74 representing the year of design), that is only 8 years before the campaign by my maths...but that is enough.

Jubs

The PPSh 41 (Not an SMG, BTW) was used way beck when in WWII, and was almost entirely phased out within the Russian army nearly a decade after the close on WWII. A stylish weapon, but it's a hell of a lot easier to go to your local corner store and pick up an AK with your morning coffe and paper.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (XtremeX19 @ Mar. 17 2002,23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the SKS is chinese, not soviet.  and, contrary to popular beliefe (ok, not many people think it, but some do), China was not part of the Soviet Union.  in fact they hated each other (the only reason they didnt kill each other was because of commercial reasons, and fear of the UN)<span id='postcolor'>

True, but I still think it would make an appropriate weapon for the resistance.

Err, looking at the post below, I mightve been right in the first place.... sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (XtremeX19 @ Mar. 17 2002,23:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the SKS is chinese, not soviet.  and, contrary to popular beliefe (ok, not many people think it, but some do), China was not part of the Soviet Union.  in fact they hated each other (the only reason they didnt kill each other was because of commercial reasons, and fear of the UN)<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry but SKS is soviet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (From SKS history page @ ,)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

The SKS,(officially called SKS45), was designed in the waning days of W.W.II by Sergei Simonov. It was the first officially adopted arm chambered for the new "intermediate" service cartridge. The basic design originated in the 1941 era PTRS antitank rifle. This design was later modified and reduced in scale and used in the SKS41 powerful 7.62 x 54 mm cartridge. The design was admired because of its ruggedness. However, the old cartridge was excessively powerful for a light-weight carbine. The rimmed case of the older cartridge also caused reliability problems in stacked magazines. The rim would often slip behind the rim of the case below it and cause the weapon to malfunction. The need for a light semi-automatic carbine lead to the development of the 7.62 x 39 mm "intermediate" ammunition. The need for a cartridge that was more powerful than the submachinegun and less powerful than rifle cartridges of the day was recognized by several armies.<span id='postcolor'>

SKS rifles were made in the Soviet Union, China, and Yugoslavia. Todays civilian market SKS rifles are mainly Chinese

Where the helll would a civilian on a bunch of remote islands with no organized military get weapons like that? Seriously.

I think the Resistance should get more civilian type weapons. The SVT-40 is a good idea, a mosin nagant would be a good idea too. There are alot of civilian made weapons out there, thats what the resistance should get. Like a Saiga or winchester type rifle for example.

Though I am sure that they would eventually get weapons off the Soviets (Like AK-74's) as they killed a few off.

Tyler

Aren't the islands supposed to have a militia or somesuch?

Kolgujev is a Soviet annexed island....

Maybe your right, but then, where did the T-55s come from?

P.S. I agree with you about the civilian type weapons for the resistance...some lever/bolt action hunting rifles would be good, maybe pump action shutguns too.

An RPK would be cool but should'nt the Soviets have them as well? The Resistance does seem to be partially composed of breakaway militia types (they have cool camo fatigues). It does seem though that at the outbreak of hostilities on the islands that the guerilla forces should have to scrounge for whatever hardware they can find; from sporting goods shops and farmers with hunting rifles.

if one of those rifles deserves to be given to the resistance in OFP it has to be the SKS FOR SURE. That is one thing that they could badly use to make it feel more genuine if you know what I mean

goddamn that would be good biggrin.gif

A dude asked me to skin some of my weapons for the game FIRE ARMS , but I didn't know what it meant.   Now I know what it means but I still don't know how do it sad.gif

I may have a weapon the resistance could use in the AK family. and possibly NATO

wardukes%20ak%202.JPG

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (drewb99 @ Mar. 17 2002,21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The PPSh 41 (Not an SMG, BTW) was used way beck when in WWII, and was almost entirely phased out within the Russian army nearly a decade after the close on WWII.  A stylish weapon, but it's a hell of a lot easier to go to your local corner store and pick up an AK with your morning coffe and paper.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe true, but they were in use for many, many years after the war. I bet you could even go to Africa or Bosnia today and find a few lying around. They were really great weapons and very easy to maintain.

Erm, the PPsh41 isn't an SMG? What the heck is it....a carbine?

I thought the definition of an SMG was that it fired pistol rounds as opposed to rifle rounds. The PPsh41 fires the 7.62x25 round, which is a pistol round, isn't it?

And yes, it is old, but I'd still love to see it in OFP (71 round drum, booya! ).

Wasn't PPsh-41 featured as a resistance weapon in the H&D Expansion pack "Devil's Bridge"? If so that was an excellent SMG for use at short to medium range. I say add it to OPF we've already a few weapons out of place chonologically; HK-G36 to name one.

i vote for the RPK, the Skorpion, and the RPG-7. the RPD and SKS would be nice as well. acording to the resistance site, the islands were formerly communist making russian equipment wholly appropriate

Yup the sks was soviet.

Anyway what about vz-52? That would make a nice rifle for the resistance.

Definite yes for RPG-7!

It's the guerilla fighters definite symbol around the world.

Remember also that OFP: Resistance is set in the early 80s

so older weapons are quite suitable for that period. Many of the old ones were not in regular service but were instead held in the war reserve stocks (for example Finland preserved 9mm 'PPsh-like' Suomi m1931 SMGs in war reserves well into 1990s, also lots of bolt-action rifles were retained too).

My opinion is that the Resistance needs the following (or Czech equivalents if BIS prefers smile.gif

for Resistance:

-CZ 52 or Tokarev TT-33 Pistol

-Mosing-Nagant M1891 Bolt-Action Rifle, caliber: 7.62x54R

for sniping or plain iron sights.

-SKS semi-auto Carbine, firing 7.62x39mm from 10 round clips.

-PPsh m1941 submachine gun, calibre: 7.63x25mm, drum or box clip

-RPD Light Machine Gun, automatic, firing 7.62x39mm AK rounds from 100 round belt.

-RPG-7 Rocket Launcher, firing 85mm High-explosive Armor Piercing (HEAT) rocket. Other munitions include High-Explosive grenade.

-DsHk Heavy machine gun, firing 12.7x107mm round.

for Soviets:

-Makarov pistol (for officers)

-RPK-74 clip-fed light machine gun

-NSV heavy machine gun 12.7x107mm (AT LAST because current Soviet M2 is all wrong!wink.gif

-RPG-7V, more effective version of basic RPG-7.

I would love to see the full semi circle 100 rd clip for the AK47