Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

ArmA2 & ArmA1 Models Size comparison

Can someone tell how the models from ArmA1 behaves in in sizer term on ArmA2, for example the ordinary soldier model?

I'm asking this because I'm making some buildings on O2 based on the size of ArmA1 soldier model's in order to have a comparison.

Thanks for your comprehension an sorry if this question sounds stupid. But i have my reasons to ask this.

only a fast comparison in buldozer, don't know whether it's meaningful for ingame:

(horizontal offset added for better comparison - models overlapped really well)

a1vsa2.th.png

red = Arma us_soldier.p3d

grey = ArmA2 usmc_soldier.p3d

Thank you very much!

I'm glad the models overlap well. It means the models i'm making will fit fine for ArmA2 ;)

:thumb:

How did you get ArmA2 soldier model into O2 Master85? Have I missed something important?

I've noticed that UH-1Q is quite larger than the previous PRACS UH-1. Did anyone try to put both choppers in A2?

How did you get ArmA2 soldier model into O2 Master85? Have I missed something important?

x2

Would be extremely nice if he could explain how he did it.

My guess would be 3D Ripper DX.

I'm asking this because I'm making some buildings on O2 based on the size of ArmA1 soldier model's in order to have a comparison

It would be much better to make them according to the grid in O2. Each square there is 1m x 1m, and never changes...

Can someone tell how the models from ArmA1 behaves in in sizer term on ArmA2, for example the ordinary soldier model?

I'm asking this because I'm making some buildings on O2 based on the size of ArmA1 soldier model's in order to have a comparison.

Thanks for your comprehension an sorry if this question sounds stupid. But i have my reasons to ask this.

Male models are same dimensional size, approx. 1.8m tall x 450mm x 450mm.

The new Female models are slightly smaller, approx. 1.7m tall... afaik.

I found that some of my buildings i made for Arma are not always big enough in Arma 2. When the door was just even big enough to get trough in Arma 1, it would not in Arma 2. That was my experience with my buildings. So i would try to make a simple testmodel first and use it as reference then.

@ master: Could you compare the geolod as well pls?

i would make a standing ruler addon, then u can place it and measure anything: ie humans door sizes etc

I found that some of my buildings i made for Arma are not always big enough in Arma 2. When the door was just even big enough to get trough in Arma 1, it would not in Arma 2. That was my experience with my buildings. So i would try to make a simple testmodel first and use it as reference then.

@ master: Could you compare the geolod as well pls?

I don't think 3DRipperDX would capture the geo lod - I'm sure somebody would have solved the geo problem by now if it were possible.

i would make a standing ruler addon, then u can place it and measure anything: ie humans door sizes etc

Thats why i asked what i asked in the 1st post.

ArmA1_ruder_scale_s.jpg

I'm using ArmA1 Soldier as comparison so after porting to ArmA2 everything fits normally. If ArmA2 soldier has the same grid size as Master85 referred in 2nd post everything should be ok, right?