Sign in to follow this  
Daniel_Malloy

Arma 2 Weapon Ranging and Correction Tables

cool, last Q. now 1 mil i assume is at normal aspect when firing a weapon like the dragov, with no zoom, some of the others you press button 2 and it goes into zoom further. Can we get tables for those?

Is there a good single player mission someone has made to help 'train' us using these measurements?

Thanks everyone for your compliments, I will try to continue making as many of these as are neccessary.

I have created ranging tables for the M107, MK12, DMR, and tested the M40. I have found that the M40 ranging and correction is the same as the M24 (at least, I couldn't tell any difference). Here are the word files for each weapons containing the files. I figured this would be easier than posting a picture until I post my complete guide/tables. I have also included a link to the M24 tables so that those not wanting to wait for me to make them more printer/user friendly can modify these.

NOTE: When the variable scopes are zoomed in, the mil-dots appear to be accurate assuming a 2 meter tall target like with the M24. Another thing to be noted here is that the zero ranges for zoomed and unzoomed are different.

DMR Tables

M107 Tables

MK 12 Tables

M24 Tables

Also, for the printer-friendly tables to come in the compiled guide, what details would you want in them and in what order? I was thinking of making them with Target Height, Correction, and then Range. I was thinking about using only height and correction, but I remembered that you might need to know the ranges and corrections for shooting from an incline. Would you guys also want them to list ranges in 50 or 100 meter increments?

thank you very much for the 107 ones!!!

Can't seem to d/l the files...are they still available?

They seem to still be up... If you still have problems, let me know and I can e-mail them to you...

I have created a weapon test range with pop-up targets at set ranges. It is currently set up with 25 meter increments from 25-200 meters. From there, it goes out to 1,450 meters in 50 meter increments. Next to each pop-up is an unarmed blufor soldier so that the distance from each target can be established.

Weapon Testing Range

This is the first time I have created something like this for ARMA 2. Hopefully, I have done it correctly; if not, please let me know so I can fix it.

Daniel_Malloy, and what about VSS and KSVK aiming points? =)

Here is what I am thinking of doing for the Russian scopes since I can't really tell you where to aim in 50 meter increments like with the mil-dot scopes. This one is for the SVD, which upon testing I believe is very easy to use once you see how the chevrons are set up for every 200 meters from a 100 meter zero. Please let me know what you think of showing range correction graphically like this...

SVD_Ranging.gif

Daniel_Malloy, graphics is better.

Edited by Li0n

There is no way to adjust the sight in-game without using an addon like the GMJ Sight Adjustment Mod..

Here are my range correction charts for the KSVK and the VSS. In my testing, the VSS has been EXTREMELY difficult to determine the ranges for each chevron. Because of this, I have only included the ranges at the tip of each chevron.

KSVK_Ranging.gif

VSS_Ranging.gif

Daniel_Malloy, in addition to your tables:

82528593.gif

I must admit, I've never really considered looking into this stuff. In the past, I've always used a mixture of experience, guesswork and ranging shots to hit targets.

I'm going to print this off and study it.

In particular, I've never got into tube launched grenades such as the M203 because I found it hard to get reasonable, let alone good. I think I'll install Kronskys target range addon and get some practice in.

Speeaking of launchers, would be nice to have some tables for those as well ;) (RPG, SMAW, M136)

The M16 is accurate well beyond 300 meters if you have an optic. Plenty of competitive shooters fire their AR-15's accurately to 600 meters. It's trying to do the same with iron sights that is an almost impossible feat. (I can rarely hit a 300 meter target with a higher-caliber rifle with iron sights in WW2Online, but many players in that game have no problems sniping from long distances with iron sights.)

U.S. Army soldiers in the 80's, firing from the prone supported position, were only supposed to hit the 300 meter target about 15% of the time with iron sights.

just a heads up the iron sights you can heat point target (your skull) at 550m in real life. But I had training of course and a scope is just way easier to use and helps judge distance and acts as a reflex tight. acog is the best.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Would be nice to have more options for the use of heavy machine guns in game. indirect fire with a 50cal would be so sweet. hail of bullets landing on the enemy from a far off safe position hells yeah.

The problem with long ranges with weapons that don't have scope is the simple fact you can't see. Even with max zoom your ability to spot details isn't anywhere near RL.

Speeaking of launchers, would be nice to have some tables for those as well

Let`s begin! =)

rpg18en.jpg

smawen.jpg

I don`t know how to create tables for RPG-7 and M-136 - aims have only 1 point.

Edited by Li0n

This should be stickied, thanks for all the helpful info! I'm much better at taking people out now

Found some info about RPG-7 - it HAS the optical scope in real.