Sign in to follow this  
AntiPasta

What pistol...

If there was a pistol it would have to be the 1911 and what ever the Russians used during the time period

I think handguns would be great as a second gun most time when I play a mission or a campaign my bullets go empty than I think If I had a handgun than I maybe survive biggrin.gif

So my opinion is handguns are good for spec ops guys when you have a base assault missions spec ops guys can use them

o voted other (of course).

First off, which magnum are you talking about? theres too many to know.

second off, which Desert Eagle you talking about? .357 or .50?

third off, How bout a HK, maybe a HK USP (.45)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([76]Chavez @ Mar. 15 2002,23:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Listen up,boys...

I fired most common handguns already and I say stick to the Glock17 or the HK USP .45!

Those are the best!

The Deagle is craaaaaaap! ;-)<span id='postcolor'>

Crap? Are you insane or just brain dead? The Desert Eagle AE .50 cal is the most powerful handgun in existence, though its mag only carriers 8 rounds, thats more than enough to kill anything that moves. The Glock17 is by all means a decent weapon, though due to the material its made from it is widely used by criminals as it didn't show up on aiport detectors, which foced new security systems to be constructed to detect the weapons. i'll take the Desert Eagle anyday. btw another good one to include would have been a SOCOM (Special Operations Command Pistol) .45, widley used by the special forces, so couls come in handy as a backup weapon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Desert Eagle AE .50 cal is the most powerful handgun in existence,<span id='postcolor'>

Incorrect. That title now belongs to the .454 Casull round. You can find it in the 'Raging Bull' revolver model which is made by Taurus.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Glock17 is by all means a decent weapon, though due to the material its made from it is widely used by criminals as it didn't show up on aiport detectors<span id='postcolor'>

Incorrect. ANY old metal detector will pick up a Glock. Anyone who thinks otherwise is on cheap crack. The barrel and internals (this includes bullets to smile.gif )of the pistol are all made of metal. Only the frame is made from polymer.

I would NEVER use a Desert Eagle for self-defence purposes, it's too big, bulky and powerfull to be of any use. It's main use is for hunting/target shooting and maybe for impressing a few people down at the local range.

Tyler

erm, the .50 version of the DE has 7 rounds, whereas the Raging Bull (which happens to be on the NATO list as well) has only 6 cuz it's a revolver

BTW, I don't see why a DE would be too big & powerful for self-defence. Power ain't a problem, the more the merrier IMHO, and it's still smaller than a SMG and of course an assault rifle

If you are going to make this, make certain you can put it in the 'rocket launcher' slot so it doesn't take up your inventory or your primary slots.

O, and i'd love to see a silenced pistol for Black Opps biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the .50 version of the DE has 7 rounds, whereas the Raging Bull (which happens to be on the NATO list as well) has only 6 cuz it's a revolver<span id='postcolor'>

So what's your point? smile.gif What 'NATO list' are you talking about?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I don't see why a DE would be too big & powerful for self-defence. Power ain't a problem, the more the merrier IMHO, and it's still smaller than a SMG and of course an assault rifle<span id='postcolor'>

If you want your bullet to go straight through a perp and endanger others in your house, go right ahead. When you fire that thing in a dark enclosed space (ie, in your house) and temporarily blind yourself from the large muzzle flash, go ahead.

A D.E. is quite a bit larger and heavier than your average pistol, I would rather have something smaller and easier to carry/conceal.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Mar. 17 2002,05:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would NEVER use a Desert Eagle for self-defence purposes, it's too big, bulky and powerfull to be of any use. It's main use is for hunting/target shooting and maybe for impressing a few people down at the local range.<span id='postcolor'>

Who the hell uses a pistol for hunting? Especially for that matter a .50 Magnum chambered Desert Eagle? The only point of a .50 DE is wow factor.

Jubs

Jub, I know plenty of people who hunt with handguns. They use .454 Casull, .475 Linebaugh, and .501 Super Linebaugh. If you think the .50AE round is big these loads make it seem small. If you really want a gun that will tear the ligaments in your arm, break all your bones, and come back and and hit you in the temple and KO you the Freedom Arms .501 Super Linebaugh. This gun is ranked at 54 on the TKO scale. Though, you better have the right gun to fire these loads as some .501 Super Lnebaugh loads reach 90,000+psi. I've seen plenty of ed revolvers because of this.

To Stewart: Yeah, CorBon is great. I especially like the .440 hollow point. Thats a hot round.

I totally agree on the inclusion of smallarms, but on the subject of usefulness how about the inclusion of various Machine Pistols/Small-Size SMGs? I'd like to see the Russian OC-23 Or the Stetchkin APS Machine pistols, and perhaps either the Ingram MAC-10, Uzi, or Mini Uzi.

Like i said my dad drove the M1A1 for 4 years and served 14 years in the army, but he said that tank crews only carried pistols and he said he cant remeber but they carried the 9mm Berreta.Well they carried 1or2 M16A1 but thats it and the rest pistols.Oh and magnums are also a type of bullet.Ive seen a .22 that is able to fire a magnum.All it is, is just alot more powder and longer bullet.there are also .22 long .22 short .22 Magnum and .22 long barrel. confused.gif Dont know what the diffrents is lol.Just the Long and short and magnum is all the diffrents i can tell lol..22 long is longer then the short, the .22 magnum is longer then .22 long.Oh and officers carry pistol but not the standard soldier, they have a knife and on the M16A1 there is a bayonet lug, and my dad still has his military knife and he actually showed it to me.He has alot of stuff he got from the ilitary.Gernade pins,dud .50 bullet he also found a A-10 round at the firing range and alot more stuff to.I say add pistols to the game. smile.gif

If you really ever shot many hand guns you would know that the Glock is crap next to the HK.45 The official name for the pistol is Mark 23, Mod 0. Not very catchy. That is why it is more popularly known as the SOCOM.The gun holds 12 cartridges of .45 ACP ammunition.One of the uncompromising attributes of the SOCOM pistol, however, is the extreme accuracy. It is an absolute tack driver, with groups possible under two inches at 50 yards. The gun has a special recoil reduction system which makes all other guns feel like a fish out of water in your hands when you fire.I have shot many hand gun so I can tell you for sure that H&K is about the best. The only other one I would pick is the SIG Sauer. The DE is fun to shoot but if you dont have hands as big as mine or bigger you will not be able to hold it properly and its more of a show gun at the range.

HK video socominternal.jpg

The SOCCOM requires big hands as well. So does the USP. I've managed to own a SOCCOM at one time (Cost me $3000) and it was a real nice gun. The one I had came with a British Knight silencer. Still looking for a LAM unit. If I want a show gun though I'll go with the Freedom Arms .501 Super Linebaugh which makes the DE .50AE look like a waterpistol and behave like one as well. I can only fire 12 rounds before my arm completely gives out on me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I totally agree on the inclusion of smallarms, but on the subject of usefulness how about the inclusion of various Machine Pistols/Small-Size SMGs?  I'd like to see the Russian OC-23 Or the Stetchkin APS Machine pistols, and perhaps either the Ingram MAC-10, Uzi, or Mini Uzi.<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, first, this thread is about -pistols-, not SMGs or machine pistols. wink.gif

Second, I haven't seen many soldiers running around with Uzis or other small SMGs. The only SMG that should be in the game is the MP5, since most special forces use that or other similiar sized SMGs. And I also believe that machine pistols and most small SMGs have poor long range accuracy and moderate short range, so it wouldn't save your bacon since you're up against guys with M16s and AK74s.

Qustion for eh remraf and R71:

There were two versions of the .45 SOCOM right? One for military and the other for civilian uses. What was the difference? I think it was the headspacing, am I right? Something to do with S.A.M.I.(I) or something like that?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(Cost me $3000)<span id='postcolor'>

WOW! I would have gotten myself a nice rifle + scope + reloading gear for that kind of scratch. Maybe an M1A or a Remington PSS or a few Savage 10FP's and a nice Leupold or U.S. Optics scope to top it off.

But I like rifles more.....

Tyler

To Assault (CAN):

From what I've read (http://www.hkpro.com/socom.htm), there is no difference between the military and civilian SOCOM. HK offered the SOCOM for civilian purchase, but stopped soon after. The pistol is exactly the same as the military version, even keeping the threaded barrel on the pistol so you can attach the suppresor provided by HK.

There are many different types of the USP, the SOCOM being one of them. A few of these were made for civilian interests (USP Elite), and others for the military (USP Tactical).

I hope that somewhat answered your question. :)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (eh remraf @ Mar. 18 2002,01:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Jub, I know plenty of people who hunt with handguns. They use .454 Casull, .475 Linebaugh, and .501 Super Linebaugh. If you think the .50AE round is big these loads make it seem small. If you really want a gun that will tear the ligaments in your arm, break all your bones, and come back and and hit you in the temple and KO you the Freedom Arms .501 Super Linebaugh. This gun is ranked at 54 on the TKO scale. Though, you better have the right gun to fire these loads as some .501 Super Lnebaugh loads reach 90,000+psi. I've seen plenty of      ed revolvers because of this.

To Stewart: Yeah, CorBon is great. I especially like the .440 hollow point. Thats a hot round.<span id='postcolor'>

Well I don't hunt myself, but all the guys I know that do hunt use Reminton shotguns and Barretta rifles...but then this is in the UK, where handgun ownership is severly resticted. But I fail to see the need for a pistol when out hunting...isn't a shotgun good enough? It's not like you get in CQB situations out hunting deer and rarely should you feel the urge to go an clear any rooms in any local buildings.

Jubs

Israeli Special forces use UZIs...

if only a mod could correctly represent several countries infantry, armor, aircraft, and blah blah blah. who knows... might not even b a mod (one day)...

I'm for handguns in OFP.

U.S. : M1911 .45 or Beretta M92 9mm

U.S.S.R. : Stetchkin w/ silencer for Spetsnaz

Tokarev for officers

Circa 1990 M60 gunners carried the M1911A1 in leather shoulder holsters. Officers carried the same and later the Berreta M92. This is true for mechanized Infantry squads at the time anyway. I'm unsure of other U.S. Army units.

Besides handguns, I was issued an M3 "Grease Gun" when I drove a M113 APC in the 1st Cav. Division during the late 1980's early 90's. I'd like to see the M3 in future weapons upgrades.

A grease gun? Wow...I didn't know they issued old hardware like that. Cool. Justification for one of my favorite SMGs to be in the game! Thx Minotaur!

Amazing as it sounds the M3 Grease Gun which began it's military service in 1942 was still in U.S. Army armouries fifty plus years later.

To add to the topic though........

Handguns for N.A.T.O : Steyr Pi18 9mm, Browning Hi Power

For the Guerillas : Some model of Revolver?

I still don´t see what good would a pistol do for the game.

Of course everyone knows US military uses M9 for service pistol, but is it really issued to every officer or just for those who work indoors and don´t want to carry their M16A2´s around the whole day...

Pistols just are too inaccurate and weak. Mostly because their short barrel and short calibers. I have tried some pistols, mostly 9mm, and it is quite a challenge to hit anything that is 30 meters away with them.

...and only amateurs run out of ammo with their rifle...

and only ametures get into fights with large amounts of enemies... ok ametures and the truely insane/hated to, but thats not the point. officers should have handguns, so thats that!