Sign in to follow this  
KanaraTannee

Hand brakes!

Why doesnt any car or vehicle in OFP have a hand brake? ... Or even a brake button... Yes we can press reverse to brake but u will end up going backwards.

How many times have u got into a vehicle that was on a hill and gone rolling off down it into the sea? confused.gif

I would like too see this in an Official patch... but I guess a mod would do to.

How many other games have a feature like that?

cant be many.

Just dont park on steep hills.

I dont disagree there are more important things that are needed

i think it's pretty annoying. i want to park a bmp on this one hilltop on malden. it's maybe a 2% grade, and the thing starts rolling and pretty much flys off the hill into the base below that it's supposed to be protecting

a simple feature like "lights on" or "refuel" would be nice. just something like "park"

Heh, I just suggested to add a break option for vehicles in my other thread about New suggestions for tanks. Basically, I suggested to implement a new bindable key which allows to for fast breaks when driving vehicles instead of this slow speed decrease when holding the "back" key. A possible idea to combine this key with the annoying thing to not being able to park, would be that once you pressed that "break" key while standing still would result in the vehicle to not move at all. Additionally it could be indeed a good idea to make this park option bein accessible via the small command menue on the bottom right.

I agree that this might not seem to be that important to implement, but it's still ranking high up on my personal list of small but annoying bugs that should be fixed.

Oh right I idnt realise you meant that.

Yeah its anoying when you get in a vehicle on a hill and as soon as your in, it starts rolling. a park feature would be welcome by me smile.gif

Lordzach .... they wanted to brake not FLY:)

Well, after all they have an Auto-hover for helicopters, why can't they impliment a "Parking Brake" for vehicles.

Anyone here ever drive a tank or tracked vehicle? If so, what are the brakes like, because in any movie when you see a tank stop, it's very abrubt and leaves it heaving for awhile (very cool). Course it wont do this from any speed, but tracks have an enormous amount of traction across their tread, and going down a slight incline, it should be able to stop any time it wants, and rather quickly too. We have all gone down a hill and try to stop only to find it doesn't stop till it reaches the bottom.. So let's hear from those who know.. tanks have bloody good breaks, right?

Konyak

Yes, it is a nice idea, and could really be needed...

Its annoying trying to get out of a tank while on a small hill...

Precedure:

PUSHES FORWARD

"Yes, can click get..."

*Rolls back, command menu dissapear*

PUSHES FORWARD

"NOW! CLI..."

*Rolls back, command menu dissapear*

PUSHES FORWARD

"GET OUT, FAST!"

*Finally gets out, tank stands nicely beside, as if it has decided to get into break mode just to tease the player...*

Just yesterday in MP, we were getting out of a truck parked on a slight incline, and as I was moving along the side of the truck, I got runned over because it was "rolling" along at the deadly speed of 1 k/h. Sure it was funny for about a minute, but the next 30 minutes flying around as a seagull seemed, well, boring. Now I got to stay clear of parked trucks.

-=Die Alive=-

It's almost as annoying as getting "runned over" by a truck when you accidentally hit its back while it's moving.

Yes, cars and trucks are the most deadly things there is. Kills thousands... That's why both east and west ganged up once upon a time in OFP to attack all empty vehicles biggrin.gif

Konyak: I've never personally driven a tank, but I've seen footage of a brand-new M1A2 being put through its acceptance testing at the factory... and one of the trials is a stop from 40 mph... in all of 15 feet. Thing bloody near noses right on over, man.

RDF

All,

I was an M113 LRV (Light Reconnaisance Vehicle) crewman in the Aussie army for 5 years. Our "buckets" have a Cadillac Gage T-50 .30/.50cal combo turret mounted on top so they are a little "top heavy".

lrv01.jpg

The main steering was done by two levers, pull left lever, vehicle goes left, pull right lever vehicle goes right. At slow speeds, under 10kph there were two "pivot" levers mounted above the steering levers. inside3.jpg

These were used to pivot turn the vehicle in its own length at slow speeds but if you pulled both levers at same time it would emergency stop the vehicle. We had some of our "buckets" flip over when the pivots were used at speeds in excess of 20kph and a number of crewmen killed!

JV44

One way around the stopping without brakes problem is to turn the engine off through the action menu. As long as you don't press one of the keys again it should come to a halt. I do this with the A-10, the air-brakes are a little crumby at times so I just switch off the engine, fall out of the sky, and re-engage it!

OMG i wonder when ppl start complaining for a car radio / airco / cigarette lighter biggrin.gif

Yea... whilst we talking about it! I want that all! Plus seatbelts, manual transmission, adjustable mirrors, CD player, car alarm, dont-forget-to-turn-lights-off-alert, option to turn on fog-lights, put in hand luggage, sparewheel + tookit in the back for fixing shot tires, have random generated license plates, ability to turn on windscreen clean thingies when it raines, bla bla bla!~! i want it all!! OKE? confused.gif

I want a car radio smile.gif But the license plates seem to already be different in every car confused.gif

for pittys sake give BIS a rest!

it would take ages for them to make all those animations,scripts and it would be a lot of megs! mad.gif

I believe he was joking.

But we do need brakes. It is quite sad watching your tank tumble down a hill, trying to aim for a house so you can stop biggrin.gif

Considering there is a spare tyre on the back of the jeeps, i think it should be ok to have an option while standing beside flat tyre of jeep to Repair. You kneel for 35 seconds, vulnerable, and then it's fixed.

Its realistic and doable.

Regards,