Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

ANNOUNCE: PVP script pack released

Thanks for the newest version once again, as soon as I finish the mission I'm working on I plan on making many more (smaller scale this time) of each type using your scripts 100%.

but, even though you say it's trivial :eek:, I would really like to know how to exclude east from paradropping within 500 meters of west flag, and west from paradropping within 500 meters of east flag. I am trying to figure this out on my own, but I just break stuff when I do.

I'll leave you alone after that, I promise...

Then I can finish this one and start on the next one. :yay:

Ok, maybe just a couple of quick changes to keep you happy then ;-) Will do the exclusion stuff shortly.....

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Here's a hotfix for you Mosh...

download this file

and replace your existing ctf/paradop.sqf with it.

Then just place "noParaDrop" markers on the map to exclude zones. :-)

This isn't quite what you asked since it is not side specific.

Here's a hotfix for you Mosh...

download this file

and replace your existing ctf/paradop.sqf with it.

Then just place "noParaDrop" markers on the map to exclude zones. :-)

This isn't quite what you asked since it is not side specific.

THANKS!!! :yay:

It will do just fine. It is probably best to not let either side paradrop at flags (enemy or their own). My original idea would have made flag defense to easy.

Just uploaded another version....

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/1680/paraDrop.sqf

use:

noparadrop markers to exclude all sides

noparadropeast markers to exclude east only

noparadropwest markers to exclude west only

This is just a temporary hack - later releases of the pack may implement this a different way ! Also, the best behaviour for C&H would be for only friendly forces to be able to paradrop into a held zone but that's a bit tricker to sort out.

Just a warning to anyone using the DLG_ canned dialogs in 1.15 that I've just had a bug reported where any dialog that uses boolean values will not work and may affect the operation of the game. Currently that's....

DLG_ANTIGIMP

DLG_GRENADELAUNCHERS

DLG_SILENCED

DLG_SNIPERS

DLG_MGS

DLG_GPS

DLG_DOMINATION

The bug as reported (thanks Griever) meant that using a DLG_DOMINATION dialog in a C&H/AAS map meant that you couldn't actually take any objectives !

I expect to make a fix shortly.

This is more of a preference question meaning anyone using the scripts you created can easily do. I've played TDM for quite some time now and know if these were used for scrimmages or fun competition - if your team is winning, all you have to do is find cover in your home spawn and you will win. So what I am getting at is either mission designers may want to remove the spawn protection entirely or someone should look for some way to recognize campers in the home spawn. Just a thought.

Thanks for the work on this sb.. keep it up.

V1.16 now released, fixes lobby dialog issue mentioned above. See first post in thread for details.

Many thanks to Griever for reporting a bug in AAS (or C&H with domination mode enabled). The problem will only affect you if you have use CTF_objectiveScores so that objectives have scores other than 1 point. In that case you may find the game ending early or not at all.

As a result there is a V1.17 - apologies to the 5 or 6 people to managed to download 1.16 before I got round to looking at this :-)

Just to make myself feel a bit better about 1.17, I also added a DLG_MAXSCORE_DM for Tom Anger!

This is more of a preference question meaning anyone using the scripts you created can easily do. I've played TDM for quite some time now and know if these were used for scrimmages or fun competition - if your team is winning, all you have to do is find cover in your home spawn and you will win. So what I am getting at is either mission designers may want to remove the spawn protection entirely or someone should look for some way to recognize campers in the home spawn. Just a thought.

Interesting point - I think you are right that you just have to remove the spawn protection entirely. Just create two large spawn areas (too large to camp). I could certainly look at adding the ability to force players to move out of spawn within a certain time or..... what ? How would this work - I guess you would award an extra 'kill' to the opposing team every few seconds. Ideas on a postcard as usual.... :-)

Edited by sbsmac

glad you fixed the vehicle spawn orientation. nice work.

Hotfixes for that (vehicles.sqf) and player respawn position (rearm.sqf) now available from files section for those that can't wait for the next proper release :-)

i would like to request that you add the ability to show some text during the outro, like you can for the intro. i'd like mine to say something like "round is over. a new round will begin now."

My two missions so far, with version numbers

v2.0 CTF 2-64 Land and Air - a large scale CTF that uses almost the whole map, most of the vehicles, all the aircraft, and all the weapons available. Can be used as a training mission if there are few players on. Lots of stuff to practice with. Feedback has been bad, people don't like big maps apparently. I think I put too much crap in it, JIP is a bitch with this one.

v1.4 + v1.2(A) CTF 2-64 Solnichniy - a small/medium sized CTF using just pistols, slow automobiles, and slow boats. :rolleyes: (now comes with full weapon/vehicle/boat version also)

I get some 'no entry bin\config.bin/cfgWeapons' error when someone first dies for some reason in both, but I can't figure it out... anyways, both are to be considered in an eternally beta state and therefore should not be mirrored anywhere (you can direct link to my files if you'd like though, those links will remain the same) as they will be changed/broken often.

Feel free to d/l and do what you want with them though. Play them on your server or try out mine if you want.

Edited by Mosh
link

SBS - myslelf and another are working diligently on TDM missions using the script. When completed they will have no spawn protection, but will have spread out spawn points. TDM cannot have spawn protection for my reasons previously mentioned so when we have something of worth - we will surely contact you for your database and stuff. For the most part they will be simple in nature, small scaled, for some fun games.

I did notice that when I chose a kit from the weapon crate that when I died I spawned wtith the original kit instead of what I picked from the crates. I guess that is the way it is written, but is there a way to recall the kit that was changed?

Our efforts are to make TDM missions scaled to similar sizes many know in Call Of Duty sizes and Ghost Recon sizes. We'll be in touch bud. Thanks again...

Good to hear Tom :-)

>did notice that when I chose a kit from the weapon crate that when I died I spawned wtith the original kit instead of what I picked from the crates.

From 1.14 you can use

CTF_preserveLoadoutOnDeath=true;

to make sure you respawn with the kit you had when you died, even if you have never left the respawn zone.

I notice a lot of people are downloading the OpenOffice odt version of the manual. If you are one of them I'm curious...

* Does this mean I'm about to get a whole load of 'improved' documentation sent to me (yes please!)

* Is it just that you hate Acrobat with a passion and prefer any other format to Adobe's monstrosity.

* You were just curious about what the odt was and thought you'd click it to find out !

Feel free to PM me if you are too embarassed to say in this forum ;-)

Good to hear Tom :-)

From 1.14 you can use

CTF_preserveLoadoutOnDeath=true;

i'm using 1.15, and i have that set to true, but it still doesn't preserve the loadout.

i also get that message about 'no entry bin\config.bin/cfgWeapons'. does that have something to do with it?

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

also, a wishlist item: my mission has rounds with a set time limit. it would be nice if the timer didn't start until there are players on both sides. i have joined the empty server a few times, and then someone else joins, and we're about to get it on, and the round suddenly ends. my timer is on 30 min, and i guess it keeps ticking even if no one is on the server. it should also reset if everyone leaves the server.

Hmm - will take a look at that. Yes, the message almost certainly has something to do with it.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

Hmm - can't reproduce it here with a quick test.. Any chance you could send me a pbo and describe what side you were on, weapon you took, and circumstances of death (inside/outside spawn etc).

Thanks

Hey guys. Im using the template here to make a slew of TDM maps for my clan and the public. I am trying to convert them all to night and now am seeing a need for Night vision goggles. I have tried a few ammo boxes that show in preview but when I save they are not available in game.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

BTW. you can help me beta test them if you would like. Heres the link.

http://urclan.org/index.php?topic=224.msg1001#msg1001

>Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

None of the ammo boxes currently contain nvg - easy enough for me to add though in 1.18 though.

Sorry folks, 1.18 is taking a little longer than hoped for - free time is a bit limited for me right now. Hope to have it with you soon. I've just upgraded to 1.03 as well - may affect my ability to test stuff.

Hmm - can't reproduce it here with a quick test.. Any chance you could send me a pbo and describe what side you were on, weapon you took, and circumstances of death (inside/outside spawn etc).

Thanks

i'll be sure to note those things next time it happens. i can tell you that in my mission, you can only get AT mines, Satchel charges, and binoculars from the ammo boxes, so those are possible problem items.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

oh, and you can download the mission here http://tinyurl.com/mmmuyc

V1.18 released (at last!) A lot of minor improvements, the biggest change is that I've reworked the objectives system for C&H/AAS - would be interested in feedback on whether people think that the 'modifier markers' are a good way to create objectives.

Special thanks to Q-SeNs who has been helping improve the manual.