Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

ANNOUNCE: PVP script pack released

Well, Im not sure how many more I am going to make of these. This has taken me forever and its still not what I was trying to do. Please give them a whirl and let me know what you think.

Airfield_Invasion

Airfield_Invasion_Rain

Airfield_Invasion_Dusk

Airfield_Invasion_Night

BattleAtChernogorsk

BattleAtChernogorskRain

BattleAtChernogorskDusk

BattleAtChernogorskNight

you can play my missions here.

b_560x95.png

Edited by SpecterM

Thanks for the hard work mac!

I just updated all 20 of my missions to the new script pack and everything is working great. Only a couple need finishing touches and then I can release them and start more missions!

-SBS-Mac-....................I SALUTE YOU.

Your generous hard work is the kind of gesture that doesn't exist anymore. At least not offline. lol.

Seriously man, I Thank You so much......

Anyone interested in the Editor feature Needs this script pack!!

I need the community's help as well..........

as posted elsewhere:

Ok you guys.

I have several new maps i would like to release, but to be honest, I can only test the missions so much by myself. And I really would like a good community playtest before I release the final versions.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that these maps are top notch quality. I have worked through as many of the kinks as I can going solo, so I really need a community playtest. I would really like to release this map pack tomorrow, but pending a decent playtest...........

Im calling on the community here to help with a simple playtest. I just need to make sure these missions/maps perform well under a populated server. I really appreciate it.

sign off here to playtest my new map release......................PLEASE

I promise not to disappoint..........

-SBS-Mac-....................I SALUTE YOU.

Your generous hard work is the kind of gesture that doesn't exist anymore. At least not offline. lol.

Seriously man, I Thank You so much......

Anyone interested in the Editor feature Needs this script pack!!

I need the community's help as well..........

as posted elsewhere:

Ok you guys.

I have several new maps i would like to release, but to be honest, I can only test the missions so much by myself. And I really would like a good community playtest before I release the final versions.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that these maps are top notch quality. I have worked through as many of the kinks as I can going solo, so I really need a community playtest. I would really like to release this map pack tomorrow, but pending a decent playtest...........

Im calling on the community here to help with a simple playtest. I just need to make sure these missions/maps perform well under a populated server. I really appreciate it.

sign off here to playtest my new map release......................PLEASE

I promise not to disappoint..........

hey deadsmell. Im always willing to help beta test new maps. i know how difficult it is to find someone to step in a map with ya.

Do you got msn, steam, xfire, GSC?

If you do have any of those. my name is SpecterM or on msn SpecterM@live.com hit me up sometime.

Thanks for steppin up man!

I got Xfire. Nightshift1.

Now how about the rest of ya?!............:D

Thanks for steppin up man!

I got Xfire. Nightshift1.

Now how about the rest of ya?!............:D

Moshland on XFire....

***edit***

I know what you mean about testing by yourself... my missions are AWESOME when I play/test them by myself, but with a few people playing I realized a couple of them suck ass.

Something else I meant to say this morning (kind of my whole point for posting this morning), anyone who use mac's script pack can send me a mission to upload to my server for testing... no guarantees it will see much action, but if you don't have your own place to test, maybe I can help.

Another edit, took out irrelevant off-topic server crap, I shouldn't post when I first wake up...

Still testing the different types mac, going to try the ECL, Rugby, and couple others I haven't tried yet...

Edited by Mosh
took out stuff irrelevant to pvp script pack thread...

lol yeah thats funny.

Wow 198 maps?! May I suggest that you go through them and weed out the crappy ones, and only run the good ones. In my opinion quality over quantity is the way to go. You want to make sure people have a selection of good maps to choose from on your server right? that way they come back. Just a suggestion.

May I suggest that you go through them and weed out the crappy ones, and only run the good ones.

Just in case someone wants to jump on and play/test their own map while I'm not on... when I'm on as Admin the rotation is less than 10 maps. ;)

Just uploaded a (very) basic tutorial - how to download and copy the scriptpack to your first mission.

2Cx_i9uikgo

Hmm - for some reason the embed stopped working - here's the link:-

Edited by sbsmac

Nice tool you've released here dood!

Went through this thread as well as the docs and I see one thing missing. Squads! The squad functionality in Berzerk is pretty good. Would love to see something like this implemented:

.Ability to invite players to squad

.3D tags for squad members

.Squad identified on map (and 3D) by different colours

.Ability for squad leader to place squad markers on map that are also seen in 3D

If you've ever played Project Reality (or BF2 for that matter), you know how useful this can be for guys/clans that like to work together. IMO, this functionality is something sorely missing with most missions. I know our clan would love it.

Thanks for listening.

Glad you like it. :-) I will add squad support to the todo list.

Glad you like it. :-) I will add squad support to the todo list.

Excellent. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Nice - will get it loaded on SBS server :-)

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I accidentally overlooked some of the weapon selection options for CTF_Tactical and CTF_Tactical(night) in the initial release. Rocket launchers and grenade launchers were never supposed to be available. The map was not designed for those weapons to be employed at all. The map pack now has the fixed mission files for CTF_Tactical and CTF_Tactical(night).

If you donwloaded the pack earlier, please download again, and replace the old CTF_Tactical, and CTF_Tactical(night) files in your mpmissions folder with new, proper versions.

All the other missions should be fine.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Yeah I screwed up Mac. Would you mind downloading again, and replacing the old CTF_Tactical and CTF_Tactical(night) files on your guys server with the new, fixed, proper versions. Sorry about the mix up. I can only test so much, and I never grab rockets or grenade launchers so I was completely unaware they were present.

All the other files should be fine, just the CTF_Tactical and CTF_Tactical(night) need to be replaced.

Let me know if you have any questions, Thanks man.

getting my brain around this now sbsmac, a couple questions though:

1. I saw where the deletebody function is carried out, can you make this time a ctf_variable? Or if I modify the original script can some problems come up? The delay of 120 is too long for my purposes. I see the variable is called CTF_bodyRemovalDelay, but the readme didn't say it was a variable we could change in the ctfconfig.

2. Is there an option for flag return I am not finding? If the player is killed while flagrunning, I prefer the flag to automatically go back to the pole after a 90 second delay if nobody else comes along to pick it up and try to run it.

3. spawn protection. shooting in to /out of spawn doesn't seem to incur a penalty. Am I missing something here? I like where if you shoot in or out of the protected spawn zone and kill someone, you also die.

4. I saw the weather synchronization. Should I set my weather with the editor intel area or will a gamelogic work to set the weather ok?

I really like the building level function!

Edited by {USI}_Zombie

getting my brain around this now sbsmac, a couple questions though:

Great - I''m always happy to answer questions :) I get a lot by PM but actually prefer them here so others can learn from the answers.

I see the variable is called CTF_bodyRemovalDelay, but the readme didn't say it was a variable we could change in the ctfconfig.

That's a bug in the documemtation. You can definitely change this in the config! More generally, anything that you come across that looks like CTF_xxx is a config variable that you can specify, even if it's not in the docs. Use:

CTF_bodyRemovalDelay=10;

or change the value to suit.

Is there an option for flag return I am not finding?

Yes, again it may not have made it into the docs but CTF_lostFlagTime is what you are looking for. It has a default value of 300 seconds. Use

CTF_lostFlagTime=0 ;

for an immediate return.

spawn protection. shooting in to /out of spawn doesn't seem to incur a penalty.

You should die either if you shoot out and kill someone or you shoot in and kill someone. Your victim will be instantly resurrected at their original location with original loadout (there is a small bug in that their current magazine will be replenished). I'm pretty sure this is working so you might want to check your eSpawn and wSpawn markers. If you still can't get it to work, send me a link to your mission and I will take a look.

Should I set my weather with the editor intel area or will a gamelogic work to set the weather ok?

I didn't know you could do it with a gamelogic - have always used the editor myself! Regardless, either should work since the code just syncs all the clients to whatever the server currently has set. It does this once per second so clients will always be up to date.

I really like the building level function!

Good, I put that in after noticing a few maps I made had some rather haphazard buildings :-) It doesn't work very well for hillsides but for a mostly flat area it can save a lot of aggro. At the moment it's not very fussy about what it levels - anything in the buildings class will be modified - let me know if this causes problems.

Edited by sbsmac

2.02 now released. Not a major upgrade but fixes some problems with vehicle respawns, makes sure that players in aircraft can't stray outside the borders and includes a prototype 'insurgency' mode that Cpl Blakeman and I have been working on.

*EDIT* Just added CTF_flagRespawnDelay as well. This is available as a hotfix from http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/sbsmac-pvpsp

Unfortunately I'll be on vacation for the next 9 days and possibly afk so may not be able to respond to questions or bug-reports as quickly as possible.

Edited by sbsmac

thanks for the feed back sbsmac, I will definitely make use of the info. Another issue has cropped up. Have you disabled the briefing somewhere? I added a briefing.sqf and briefing.html and they don't show. I have successfully used them in other missions, and will doublecheck for errors but thought I would ask. I have executed it in the init.sqf by

execVM "briefing.sqf";

BTW, I have discovered that the

OnLoadMission=CTF_MISSION_NAME;

will not show unless you have both briefing.sqf and briefing.html. Don't understand why though. You may want to add a generic briefing.sqf and html in the mappack

Hmm, I haven't done anything in particular to disable briefings but as you have astutely noticed, I have put off adding a generic one for some time :-) It's on my todo list at http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/3667 and in fact I have put in a lot of the changes necessary to autogenerate a basic briefing that lists all objectives in a C&H but feel free to add comments or suggestions to the issue.

In the meantime, this link http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=33468.0 may be useful to you. :)

On a different topic, I had a question about the CTF_flagRespawnDelay hotfix. This should be compatible with both 2.01 and 2.02 (though I haven't tested the earlier version). To apply it, just copy the new flagcontrol.sqf file over the old one in the ctf folder.

Edited by sbsmac

I found the briefing issue, syntax on my part and now it works.

I have added this to the ctfConfig.sqf but the last 2 entries don't seem to have any affect?

/*  IMPORTANT .... Configuration variables must only go below this comment !
   |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |
   V    V    V    V    V    V    V    V    V    V    V    V    V    V     */

/* Change the CTF_Titles array to modify the introductory text. 
  You can add or remove  lines if you want*/

CTF_Titles = [
    CTF_MISSION_NAME,
    "A Capture the Flag map",
    "Take the other teams flag and bring it back to yours to score a point",
    "map by {USI} Studios, concept based on TNT CQB",
    "Good luck, and have fun"
     ] ;

CTF_defaultWeapon="";
CTF_preserveLoadoutOnDeath=true;
CTF_bodyRemovalDelay=90;
CTF_lostFlagTime=90;

/*  A    A    A    A    A    A    A    A    A    A    A    A    A    A
IMPORTANT .... Configuration variables must only go above this comment ! */

again, probably a syntax error on my part somewhere. For the briefing, see this thread for what I use

Edited by {USI}_Zombie
lol, the thread you referenced me to is the thread I used to make the briefing in the thread I referenced you too

I can't see anything wrong with it. I did just try setting CTF_bodyRemovalDelay=10 here and it works as expected. Also tried the lostFlagTime and that was fine also. It might be worth checking what you have as your definition of CTF_MISSION_NAME. If that looks alright, a quick sanity check would be to take one of the template missions and just try changing the bodyRemovalDelay on that.

ok, I got the body removal to work unless the body has the flag. If the body has the flag it isn't being deleted, which is good, but the flag isn't being returned to the pole, which is bad. Will try your sanity check

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

OK, sanity check confirms. After I picked up the flag from the body, it deleted after the desired time.

Sanity check also had shoot out/in spawn worked, so I need to do some checking on that. I also noticed I am using an older version, will upgrade to 2.01 and report back

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

v2.02 fixed all the above issues! My fault for not updating. :butbut:

2 new issues though.

1) I don't like the map being disabled during briefing phase

can that feature be disabled so the map shows?

2) my .rpt is being filled up with

["border player at",[3371.8,4256.92,0.000919342],10,0]

and other locations. Debug feature? Can it be disabled?

Thanks! :yay:

Hey mac,

Don't want to overwhelm you bud - you're doing a terrific job so kudos to you and those helping. I am trying to make a Team King of the Hill. Basically a Capture & Hold, but with 1 zone and the 'team' that gains the most points by keeping the zone secured the longest wins. This would entertain an all out fight for an area for a given amount of time or until a specific score is reached.

Is there a way using the template to do this? I've tried CH with 1 zone, but as soon as it is taken the mission ends.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Found it

CTF_allowDominationWin=false;